HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
- Pay for the experience via credit/debit card or PayPal. You also have the choice to split the “bill” with your friends/ family (up to 5 others) by inviting them to share your experience.
- We will then send you an email with a personal link that will explain how to connect with your guide on the date of your booking. We’ll also ask you a few questions to help your ranger focus on your areas of interest.
- You’ll connect with your guide through video-conferencing software called Zoom. We recommend you download Zoom onto your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet, and test it before your booking.
- You will need to have a stable internet connection – Zoom recommends a connection speed of 2mbps up/down.
- For the best WILDchild: Becoming a Ranger and My WILDwatch Live – Classic experiences, please ensure that you test your Zoom meeting (see above) as the quality of the live video recording, which will be played back during your session, may be affected by your connectivity.
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR EXPERIENCE
- Connect 10 mins before the time to make sure everything is working properly
- Connect using the name you provided in your booking, so we recognise you and admit you – we want to make sure it’s private and just for your group.
- Make sure you are in a quiet area as background noise can make it difficult for others to hear you.
- Mute yourself until you’re ready to speak
- If possible, use headphones to prevent feedback
- You can choose whether to use your camera or not – we recommend you use your camera to make the experience more personal
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO BRING?
Bring your bird/mammal book, notepad with questions and, depending on the day, a cup of hot morning coffee/ hot chocolate/ tea or your favourite sundowner cocktail!
CAN I CANCEL MY BOOKING?
Yes, you can. If you cancel your booking within 24 hours of having made it, or 7 days before your experience was due to start, you will receive a full refund.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY WI-FI CONNECTION DROPS?
We recommend that you join a test meeting before your booking to ensure that your connection is stable, that your camera, speakers and microphone work, and you are comfortable using Zoom.
If your Wi-Fi connection drops, but other participants remain connected:
• The host will catch you up on the discussion when you reconnect.
• If you are having difficulty with your connection please work through this troubleshooting guide
• Unfortunately we aren’t able to offer a refund, reschedule, or extend the duration of the call in this instance.
If everyone is disconnected from the experience:
• We will try to get you connected again using the contact details you provided when signing up.
• If we aren’t able to get you connected within 10 mins of losing connection, we’ll help to reschedule the experience to catch up on the time you missed out on.
If the guide is disconnected from the experience:
• The session host will update you on the difficulties being experienced by the guide.
• If the guide is not able to reconnect within 10min of losing connection, we’ll help to reschedule the experience to catch up on the time you missed out on, or refund you pro-rata for the time you missed out on.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN JOIN ON MY LINK?
The private group experiences are designed for groups of up to 6 participants. This can be 6 separate links with up to 2 participants each. We recommend no more than 2 participants on a single link, as it becomes challenging for the guide to interact personally if there are more.
The WILDchild: Becoming a ranger experience is booked on an individual link basis to a maximum of 20 links. We recommend no more than 2 participants on a single link, as it becomes challenging for the guide to interact personally if there are more.
CAN YOU CHANGE THE TIME?
Talk to us for a tailored solution.
CAN YOU INCREASE THE GROUP?
Unfortunately not. Increasing the group size means that the guide isn’t able to talk to the participants personally.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ZOOM?
Zoom works on Windows and Apple computers, and on Android and Apple phones and tablets. It is very straightforward to use, but you may want to take a look at this “Getting Started” guide before your experience.
We recommend that you join a test meeting before your booking to ensure that your Wi-Fi connection is stable, that your camera, speakers and microphone work, and to make sure you are comfortable using Zoom.