Let’s delve a little deeper
A privately guided safari virtually in your living room!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Ok, this is the real deal… some one on one time with an expert &Beyond guide who will take you on a 1hr 30min virtual safari drive, in the privacy of your own home.
Your guide will take you step by step through a recording of one of the latest WILDwatch Live episodes, taking the time to answer your questions whilst expertly interpreting the sightings along the way.
You will also have the opportunity to discuss the things that interest you the most…perhaps its lions or conserving wildlife, or even the little things like frogs. Take the time to enjoy this exclusive chat with your guide.
This is a private Zoom virtual session, which you can either enjoy exclusively or you can send the link to five of your friends and family to join. Max 12 guests via 6 private links.
Great for the whole family
Private group of no more than 6 links, selected by you
Special interests: species specific, birding, conservation etc.
Get exclusive access to the &Beyond guiding experience
Why is the virtual safari based on a recording and not live?
Your virtual experience is delivered by an expert &Beyond guide, who will interpret a recent recording of a WILDwatch Live drive.
Our Wildwatch live broadcasts are 3 hours and your virtual experience is 1h30 min. The reason the private virtual safari cannot be on a live drive is due to the following reasons:
- The WILDwatch Live broadcast is from five different destinations, this allows for there to be something interesting on the screen for the whole drive, which is important for a virtual safari as watching a guide driving for an hour is not as engaging on screen as it is in real life.
- The WILDwatch Live broadcast comes to you from; &Beyond Ngala and Phinda Private Game Reserves, Djuma Private Game Reserve, Tswalu and Karongwe (Pridelands) Game Reserve
- The live safaris can only show a sighting if they have cell signal – so a live drive may find an animal and not be able to show you because there is no signal. The five different destinations solve this issue as well.
- The WILDwatch Live drives are at very specific times of the day. So, in order to accommodate various time zones, the recorded live drives allow us to present content that was recorded live at a time that works for you.
- Your guide prepares for the drive by selecting the best parts of the 3 hours and ensures that you have a choice as to where your virtual experience goes. The recording also offers your guide the possibility of pausing to point out additional facts or to answer questions.
Meet the team
Your virtual guides at &Beyond
Leaving our world a better place
Virtual experiences that go beyond the expected and care for the land, wildlife and people
10% of your purchase total will go towards the Africa Foundation (our community development partner) COVID-19 fund-raising initiative.
The remainder of your purchase total will go towards assisting our guides to make up their lost gratuities, as well as funding crucial habitat maintenance, sustainability and conservation initiatives.
How to participate?
- Pay for the experience via your debit/credit card or PayPal. You also have the choice to split the “bill” with your friends/ family (up to 5 others) by inviting them to share your experience.
- We will then send you an email with a personal link that will explain how to connect with your guide on the date of your booking. We’ll also ask you a few questions to help your ranger focus on your areas of interest.
- You’ll connect with your guide through video-conferencing software called Zoom. We recommend you download Zoom onto your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet, and test it before your booking.
- You will need to have a stable internet connection – Zoom recommends a connection speed of 2mbps up/down.
- For the best experience, please ensure that you test your Zoom meeting (see above) as the quality of the live video recording, which will be played back during your session, may be affected by your connectivity.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO BRING?
- Your bird/mammal book
- Your notepad with questions
- Either a cup of morning coffee/hot chocolate/tea or your favourite afternoon sundowner cocktail
Book your Private Group of 6 links
Bookings need to be made 72-hrs in advance. Regrettably, we will not be able to accept your booking request if it falls after this window.
- Our Virtual Experiences are run daily during the following time slots:
05h00, 11h00, 18h00 and 21h00 (All CAT)
However, should you require a different time, please contact us and we will try our very best to accommodate you.
Let’s do something special for you
Let us know if you have any special requests. Specifically if your desired date or time is unavailable we will try and find a suitable alternative for you.
Frequently asked questions
You will need to have a stable internet connection – Zoom recommends a connection speed of 2mbps up/down.
For the best experience, please ensure that you test your Zoom meeting (see How to Participate) as the quality of the live video recording, which will be played back during your session, may be affected by your connectivity.
Click on “VIEW QUESTIONS” to see a few of the most frequently asked questions about booking an &Beyond Virtual Experience.