IDEAL FOR MULTI-GENERATIONAL FAMILIES & YOUNG CHILDREN
VISIT TABLE MOUNTAIN AND ICONIC CAPE TOWN
EXPLORE THE WORLD RENOWNED KRUGER NATIONAL PARK AND OTHER PRESTIGIOUS GAME RESERVES
ENJOY BIG FIVE WILDLIFE, AND WORLD-RENOWNED LEOPARD AND LION VIEWING
EXPERIENCE THE MAJESTIC VICTORIA FALLS & OTHER ADVENTURE EXPERIENCES
Your journey at a glance
This ultimate 11-day family itinerary offers a variety of fun and exciting experiences for the whole family.
From hiking Table Mountain and visiting the penguins of Boulders Beach in Cape Town, to spotting leopards in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, or waking up with lions roaring in the Kruger National Park. To cap off the ultimate family adventure, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Victoria Falls, also known as the “Smoke that Thunders”.
Your memorable journey starts off in Cape Town, one of the world’s most sought-after tourist destinations that boasts a plethora of outdoor activities, captivating the imagination of families with children of all ages. The “Mother-City”, as it is affectionately called, offers a wide range of trendy family restaurants, a magnificent seaside setting, and beautiful natural scenery that create plenty of opportunity for shared adventures.
Your journey will then continue to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, famed for its exceptional wildlife encounters, particularly leopard viewing, and the Kruger National Park one of the finest Big Five wildlife sanctuaries on the planet – ideal for the kids to connect with nature and for the family to create wonderful safari memories.
Your itinerary culminates across the border in Zimbabwe, at Victoria Falls; home to a seemingly endless variety of adventure sports and, of course, the thundering Victoria Falls, one of the world’s greatest natural spectacles. An incredible family adventure awaits you here.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite family experiences in Southern Africa. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own tailormade adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect
Day 1: Cape Town
- Upon arrival in Cape Town, your family will be welcomed by a member from our &Beyond team who will drive you to the One&Only Cape Town, where you will spend the next three nights.
- As you drive toward the city, your view from afar will be Table Mountain, one of the most spiritual places on earth, with two oceans and the beautiful city of Cape Town at its feet.
- The ultimate family destination, Cape Town boasts more than its fair share of magnificent natural beauty, cultural marvels and historical sites. Quintessentially modern and cosmopolitan, it is home to gourmet restaurants, trendy nightlife and a thriving café culture, combined with natural wonders ranging from miles and miles of beautiful beaches to the renowned Cape Winelands and iconic Table Mountain.
- Over the next couple of days your family can choose from a number of activities and attractions to experience together (some at an additional cost), including a visit to the Two Oceans Aquarium, or a boat trip to Seal Island, a hike up Table Mountain, a trip on the Cape Wheel, or even a ride on a pirate ship!
Day 2: Cape Town and the Winelands
- Today, enjoy a full day Winelands Tour, tailored to suit any preference, including a wide variety of child-friendly wine farms and fun activities in Stellenbosch, South Africa’s second oldest town, or in the historic valley of Constantia.
- Within the university town of Stellenbosch, you will view classic 17th and 18th century Cape Style architecture, explore the revered museum and discover the many galleries and boutiques along tree-lined streets.
- Kids will love the exciting new Tree House at Boschendal, where ‘free range children’ learn all about farm life, or at Spier, where there’s a host of family-friendly activities, including Segway vineyard tours and the popular Eagle Encounter where youngsters can get up close to South Africa’s biggest birds of prey, as well as snakes and lizards.
- Within Constantia lies vineyards that cling to the slopes of the Constantiaberg promising world-renowned sauvignon blancs, semillons and chardonnays from the Steenberg, Constantia Uitsig and Buitenverwachting estates.
- Here kids can enjoy a delicious chocolate tasting, and most wine farms have their own kids menus and jungle gyms to entertain them.
- For laps of fun, the Bike Park at Constantia Uitsig offers mini- and macho-cyclists 2.8km of tracks to explore. The new Heritage Market, is a selection of artisanal shops (including slow-churned ice cream) that can be found in a row of quaint cottages, every day of the week.
Day 3: Cape Town
- Explore the Cape Peninsula with the family on a half-day tour, and feel the warm sands on Clifton’s secluded beaches or visit a trendy café in Camps Bay. Explore the stunning Atlantic Seaboard, the village of Hout Bay and Chapman’s Peak, one of the most magnificent marine drives in the world.
- The kids will love searching for gems at the scratch patch in Simon’s Town and the quirky penguins of Boulder’s Beach, the only place in the world where one can get up close to African Penguins.
- Next, head to the Cape Point Lighthouse, an important icon of the Cape Peninsula, and end the day at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, one of the greatest botanical gardens in the world.
- Another half-day tour option is a private city tour of Cape Town. Steeped in history, iconic landmarks and contemporary euro-centricity, Cape Town is simply spectacular. A fusion of landscapes, culture and cuisine, this world-renowned city is a popular destination, and it is easy to see why.
- Ascend the iconic Table Mountain in a cable car that promises unparalleled views of the city below, the kids will love this, where the sparkling ocean and rugged mountain backdrop truly astonishes. Visit Clifton, the affluent suburb of Cape Town boasting some of the most expensive real estate in South Africa, Greenmarket Square for some retail therapy, stroll through Company Gardens, and explore the haunted Castle – such fun!
- Choose to visit Cape Town’s colourful Malay quarter, the Bo-Kaap, and end your journey in dazzling fashion with an exclusive diamond tour.
Day 4: Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Today you are headed to the bush to experience a world-class Big Five safari in one of the country’s most prestigious game reserves.
- &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp, with its spectacular views of the unspoiled wilderness, is regarded as one of the best loved lodges in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve and places to see leopard. It is a well-known historic camp, originally built in the early 1920’s, and celebrates the atmosphere of an early South African lowveld homestead.
- Enjoy twice-daily game drives in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, one of the most prestigious wildlife sanctuaries in the world, with unfenced borders neighbouring the Kruger National Park.
- In addition to incredible leopard viewing, and the famous Big Five, discover a vast variety of plant and animal species that share the land with the Kruger National Park. Encounter a few of the over 500 bird species, 145 animal species, 110 reptile species and 45 fish species, that call this vast landscape home.
Day 5: Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp welcomes families and offers an incredible, fun-filled WILDchild experience, including croquet and cricket on the lawns, a game of tennis and cookie baking. The variety of children’s activities tie in with the environment, as well as the local heritage and culture of the region.
- A wonderful family excursion is a nature walk, offering an opportunity to connect with the African bush, interacting with all its inhabitants, from largest to smallest. Embark on an adventure where your feet tread in the tracks of zebra and buffalo, your nostrils fill with the scent of crushed wild grasses and you push through the brush and all six senses re-awake as Africa touches you and you touch Africa.
- The kids will love exploring the smaller marvels of the bush, from the magnificent tapestry of a spider’s web to the microscopic world of the dung beetle.
- A heartwarming opportunity is a visit to the local communities. There is no better way to get a glimpse into real African life and see their challenges, hopes and dreams. An incredibly educational and inspiring excursion and a beautiful gift to give your children.
Day 6: Kruger National Park
- Today you will head to your next safari destination on your scheduled flight.
- The magic of Africa comes alive in the elegant &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge, a timeless safari lodge ideally positioned, on a private concession, inside the highly acclaimed Kruger National Park.
- &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge is the ideal family lodge, with three family cottages, a Family Suite, and a dedicated WILDchild programme which is filled with fun, interactive activities that offer kids the opportunity to leave with treasured memories of the African bush.
- Enjoy twice-daily game drives led by expert &Beyond-trained ranger and tracker teams, that ensure sensitive off-roading practices to allow close-up game sightings of elephant, buffalo, rhino, lion, leopard, spotted hyena, giraffe and so much more. The kids will love ticking off their animal checklists.
- Younger children will be allowed on the game vehicle at the discretion of the game ranger. However, we highly recommend booking a private safari vehicle (subject to availability) for your family, which ensures your safaris are tailored to the needs of your family.
Day 7: Kruger National Park
- Explore the reserve on foot, and learn how to track, seeing how close you can come to smaller game like impala or nyala antelope without them being aware of your presence, a fabulous family adventure.
- Undoubtedly a highlight on any tour to South Africa, a community trip offers a wonderful opportunity to engage with the enchanting communities surrounding &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve.
- If the kids are up for it, experience Africa under a blanket of stars in the luxurious Ngala Treehouse, a remote, yet safe retreat in the middle of the reserve, far from Wi-Fi and artificial light. The treehouse features two sleep levels including a covered and weatherproof space with a king-size bed, hot running shower and flushing toilets. Completely off the grid, this treehouse promises luxury and comfort while offering the most exclusive wilderness experience.
- Experience the rare opportunity to participate in a rhino notching experience at &Beyond’s Ngala Private Game Reserve. Witness the darting of a rhino and assist the veterinary team in tagging the sleeping rhino’s ear for research and security monitoring, before releasing it back into the wild (available at an additional cost, and only if booked in advance)
Day 8: Victoria Falls
- Today you are headed to the magnificent Victoria Falls. It is mostly a travel day, but it will all be worth it when you arrive at the beautiful Victoria Falls River Lodge, where you will spend the next 3 nights in a Luxury Family Suite.
- Tucked into the banks of the Zambezi River, the lodge is close enough to the magnificent Victoria Falls to see the spray in the distance and yet secluded in a remote corner of Zambezi National Park.
- Boasting panoramic views of African sunsets, the luxury tents are set right on banks of the river and feature a comfortable sitting area, as well as a private viewing deck ideal for watching the hippo wallow in the river.
- For the ultimate Victoria Falls safari experience, enjoy two game drives that explore the 150,000 acres that make up the Zambezi National Park. Junior Discoverer Game Drives are available to children aged 4 – 7 who are accompanied by at least one parent.
- For the more active, Victoria Falls River Lodge offers walking trails (for guests 12 years – with parental supervision – and older) into the Zambezi National Park.
Day 9: Victoria Falls
- The family will love the opportunity to walk in the footsteps of explorers of old as you make the pilgrimage to wonder at the beauty and power of Victoria Falls, one of the world’s greatest natural wonders.
- Be captivated by the thunder and spray of the falls as you set off to explore this magnificent World Heritage Site… don’t forget your raincoats! Immerse yourself in the lush rainforest that has sprung up around the falls as you make your way along the scenic foot paths on a Tour of the Falls.
- For the brave, experience Victoria Falls from a unique perspective as you gaze on unparalleled scenery from above on a scenic helicopter flip that promises unsurpassed views. The renowned ‘Flight of Angels’ tour offers outstanding photographic opportunities, with unobstructed views for all passengers (at an additional cost).
- Feeling intrepid? With names like Judgement Day, The Terminator and Stairway to Heaven, the rapids on the mighty Zambezi River are guaranteed to offer one of the greatest white water rafting experiences on the planet. Other adventure activities for adults or older children include canopy tours, bungee jumping, bridge walks and daring gorge activities.
Day 10-11: Victoria Falls
- Set off on a completely exclusive riverboat cruise with your family along the rolling waters of the mighty Zambezi. We can time your outing to catch one of the two most beautiful times along the river’s banks; choose whether to marvel at the rising mists of the early morning or to marvel at the golden colours of an Africa sunset reflecting off the tranquil river waters.
- Listen to the deep chuckle and grunt of families of hippo and the quiet splash that signals the stealthy approach of the crocodile. This cruise is wonderful fun for the family.
- Other options for the kids include a Boma Dumming and Dine Experience, Bicycle Tours, Canopy Tours, Zip Line & the Flying Fox.
- The next morning, you will be collected from the lodge and driven to Victoria Falls International Airport for your scheduled flight to OR Tambo International Airport in time for your onward arrangements. Wave a fond farewell as your unforgettable family adventure comes to an end.
- Accommodation inclusions as per the itinerary
- All road transfers and flights as specified in the itinerary
- Conservation Contribution, Bed Levies and Park fees
- Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance
- Administration fee
What's not included
- Optional activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- The prices are based on two adults sharing with one child under the age of 12 years
- Children policies and age limit for activities may vary from one lodge or hotel to another
- Flights between Nelspruit and Livingstone currently only operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays (with an additional flight on Thursdays, introduced from June 2021) and might be routed via Johannesburg
- Flight quotes are subject to change, and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Validity periods are as specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, ROE, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- andBeyond Trading Terms apply
|· Cape Town International Airport to Skukuza Airport|
|· andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport|
|· Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to Harry Mwanga Nkumbula International Airport|
|· Victoria Falls Airport to Cape Town International Airport|
|· Cape Town International Airport to One&Only Cape Town|
|· One&Only Cape Town to Cape Town International Airport|
|· Skukuza Airport to andBeyond Kirkman's Kamp|
|· andBeyond Kirkman's Camp to andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge|
|· Harry Mwanga Nkumbula International Airport to Victoria Falls International Airport|
|· Victoria Falls International Airport to Victoria Falls River Lodge|
|· Victoria Falls River Lodge to Victoria Falls International Airport|
Tailormake your journey
Add one of these must-do experiences to your itinerary
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming