It is safe, fun and rewarding to travel with children in Africa. Africa is a treasure chest of adventure and learning, with almost year-round sunshine, making it the perfect family holiday destination. &Beyond’s family-friendly lodges in South Africa – Phinda Private Game Reserve, Ngala Private Game Reserve, and at &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp in the Sabi Sand – each offer a host of fascinating and entertaining activities for children aged 3–12 years, bringing alive the magic of Africa. Whilst on a family safari, you can rest assured that your children will always be safe and well cared for (both on and off game drives). Every minute is supervised by our guides and lodge staff, who provide hours of amusement and invaluable information to the children in their care.
Designed for families with children who are wanting to experience the wonders of the South African bush together, each family safari is planned with your specialist guide taking into account your children’s ages, their interests, your family’s preferences and the fun seasonal activities available.
Why we love &Beyond’s family safaris:
- Special WILDchild programme for children aged 3–12 years
- Each WILDchild receives a backpack filled with age-appropriate goodies
- Activities are seasonal and include bark rubbing, bug collecting, frog safaris, ‘poo walks’, baking with the chef and more
- Special children’s menus available
- Childminding services available at additional cost