Water activities available at &Beyond camps in the Delta
Boating and mokoro activities are currently possible from &Beyond Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp and &Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp.
VAT increase reminder
As of 01 April 2021, the Botswana Government has increased its VAT from 12% to 14%.
Kenya moves to partial lockdown
- Kenya has moved to a partial lockdown that extends their current curfew and places restrictions on public gatherings.
- Quarantine zones have been created around the counties of Nairobi, Kajiado, Machakos, Kiambu and Nakuru.
- There shall be cessation of all movement by road, rail, or air into and out of the disease infected areas.
Namibia accepting rapid antigen testing
- Effective immediately, all arriving guests in Namibia must present either a negative SARSCOV-2 PCR or a negative AgRDT test result, no older than 7 days.
- NOTE: Many airlines as well as other countries en route or, on the same itinerary, may still accept the PCR test results only.
Rate increase for all private charters flights at &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve
As of 01 January 2022, the landing fee for all private charters at &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve will increase from ZAR 250 to ZAR 265.
&Beyond Pangolin Experience accommodates guests 16 years and older
The child policy for &Beyond’s Pangolin Experience at Phinda Game Reserve has been updated to accommodate children 16 years and older.
Road transfer added: &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp & Tengile River Lodge to Nelspruit KMIA or visa versa
We have added this road transfer onto our South Africa ground handling rate sheet
Reminder: Airlink to resume daily flights between OR Tambo Airport and Skukuza Airport
Airlink has re-introduced a daily service to/from Johannesburg to Skukuza. The flight details are as follows:
- 4Z865 Departing JNB at 13h10 and arriving SZK at 14h15
- 4Z866 Departing SZK at 14:50 and arriving JNB at 16h10
Restrictions on Fly Me around East Africa and Fly Me to the Beach (&Beyond Mnemba Island)
- Due to fewer flights and guests, caused by the impact of COVID-19, airlines will require a minimum number of seats booked on a flight to confirm operation of service. These requirements are often only confirmed nearer to departure.
- This will affect the rate of the package, as the cost is based on two guests sharing.
- When a provisional booking is made, the airline may advise that a fare is subject to a minimum number of passengers, in which case a supplement to take the higher fare into account will be included in the package rate.