COVID-19 arrived in Africa in late February and its effects have been felt throughout the continent
For Africa Foundation (AF), this crisis necessitated a new set of priorities to build the resilience of the vulnerable rural communities neighbouring our lodges, and the AF COVID-19 Campaign was created comprising six areas of focus:
- Clinic Support
- Water Access
- Food Assistance
- Business Support
- School PPE
Many of these are short to medium term initiatives outside Africa Foundation’s standard focus, in which they are working with other stakeholders and existing foodbanks.
Milestones over the past 6 months:
- 73 Communities supported
- 3 509 Food parcels distributed
- 24 Rural clinics assisted
- 11 000 Villagers benefit from new clinic
- 115 Hippo Water Rollers funded
- 350 Vegetable-garden starter packs
- 492,931 USD towards COVID-19 projects
- Phase 1 Moya-Moyoka Secondary High School completed
What has been raised to date?
Thanks to the rapid mobilised efforts of &Beyond and the AF teams in SA, UK and USA, USD 492,931 has been raised to date. This total includes an amount of USD 14,811 which is pending allocation i.e. to be utilised for priority needs over the coming months.
Funds deployed to date:
- The following is a breakdown per country of the AF COVID-19 Campaign projects
- The amounts needed to complete those projects not yet fully funded are indicated
- Based on current project needs, a target amount of USD 185,612 is still required
What is still needed?
Small business support
TOGETHER, WE'RE LEAVING OUR WORLD A BETTER PLACE...
Africa Foundation is registered in South Africa, UK and USA. You may be eligible for tax benefits by donating within your country of residence.