IDEAL FOR MULTIGENERATIONAL FAMILIES
INTERACT WITH DIFFERENT CULTURES FROM ACROSS INDIA
WITNESS TIGERS AND OTHER UNIQUE INDIAN WILDLIFE
EXCITING AND ADVENTUROUS ACTIVITIES FOR YOUNG AND OLD
ENCOUNTER THE RESCUED ELEPHANTS OF JAIPUR
ENCOUNTER MAGNIFICENT FORTS, TEMPLES & PALACES
Your journey at a glance
Reunite with your family in India and create memories that last a life time. This extraordinary 11-day itinerary explores the cultural, historical and wildlife destinations of one of Asia's prized destinations.
Your family exploration begins in New Delhi, a vibrant fusion of international metropolis, medieval chaos and regal splendour! Although bustling, this incredible city offers exception opportunities to learn about the melting-pot of history, traditions, sites and attractions it has become famous for.
The next leg of your multi-generational adventure will take you to the Sariska National Park; abundant with wildlife and spectacular landscapes of grasslands, forests and craggy cliffs. Here you can explore as a family and enjoy ancient ruins, discover iconic wildlife and embark on Jeep safaris.
Next, you will travel to into the gateway to Rajasthan and part of India’s famed Golden Triangle, Jaipur (also known as the Pink City). Here, you will be introduced to a fascinating mix of ancient forts, royal palaces and dazzling bazaars, with modern shopping malls, and busy commercial centres. Browse the markets and spoil each other with textiles, beautiful pottery and the region’s famed jewellery.
The family will then continue to the world’s greatest monument to love, the Taj Mahal. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is renowned for its exquisite marble screens and pietra dura, carving in the stone.
Your family getaway culminates in the natural beauty of Chambal where you can cruise the sparkling waterways, enjoy wildlife and birdwatching and simply come together.
1 night Delhi | 3 nights Sariska National Park | 3 nights Jaipur | 1 night Agra | 2 nights Chambal
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite multigenerational family experiences in India. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own tailormade adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect
Day 1: Delhi
- Upon arrival at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport, your family will be welcomed by an &Beyond representative and chauffeured to the JW Marriott Aerocity in New Delhi.
- Delhi was established in 900 BC and is the capital of the largest democracy of the world. The city is crammed to bursting point with tombs, temples, monuments and ruins, all of which exist side by side with modern suburbs and glass and chrome skyscrapers.
- If you wish to experience the city, our Travel Specialists can arranged an afternoon or evening activity that suits your family, from a private city tour, to evening in one of Delhi’s culturally unique local restaurants.
Day 2: Sariska National Park
- A morning transfer on day two will take you to the Sariska National Park (approx. 3 ½ hours’ drive) where you will stay for the next three days.
- Nestled in the rolling landscape of the ancient Aravalli Hills, Sariska National Park is one of India’s oldest protected areas.
- Enjoy an afternoon safari in an exclusive vehicle, accompanied by an experienced naturalist who will explain and point out interesting flora and fauna.
- Visit the Neelkanth Mahadev Temple with intricate carvings on pillars and some wonderful statues of various mythological figures.
Day 3-4: Sariska National Park
- The kids can keep a checklist and look out for tigers, all living their best primal life among the leopards, striped hyenas, wild boars, chital, sambar, antelope, crocodiles, porcupines, jungle cat, jackal, Indian hare, langurs and about 250 species of bird life.
- Keep your binoculars handy at Mangalsar Lake for birding and your rod ready for a spot of fishing.
- Get active as a family and take a leisurely bicycle ride through the property.
Day 5: Jaipur
- Following your exploration of the Sariska National Park, you will be whisked away to Jaipur, where you will be staying at Dera Amer Wilderness Camp to enjoy a glamping experience you’ll never forget.
- On the way, explore the Bhangarh Fort, home to remnants of palaces, temples, pools and bazaars, preserved amid green lawns and giant ficus trees.
- Over the next three days your family will enjoy accommodation in an idyllic corner of the sprawling and wild estate in one of six wonderful, hand-crafted tents.
- Enjoy the whimsical fairy tale beauty of Jaipur where modernity and tradition exist side by side. The walled city, vibrant with colours, houses the City Palace, an astronomical observatory and a bustling bazaar where artisans fashion puppets, silver jewellery, lac bangles and other handicrafts in their workshops.
- Bathe with the elephants, giving Laxmi and Rangmala, their morning wake up call. These two love to bathe… and your family has the opportunity to bathe with them if you wish. What could be more joyous than a morning shower, hosing down one of these gentle giants – wonderful to experience with the children.
Day 6-7: Jaipur
- Embark on a camel cart ride through the magnificent landscapes of Rajasthan or set out on a village walk to the nearby Meena tribe community. Visit the nearby school and the local settlements and your family will almost certainly be invited for a cup of chai or sample some spicy chutneys. Walk through the Saluwar Forest with elephants, a wonderful family activity.
- Enjoy a tour of the Amer fort, known for its unique artistic style, blending both Hindu and Muslim (Mughal) elements, and its ornate and breathtaking artistic mastery.
- Spend time exploring the Jaipur City Palace, marvelling at the ancient astronomical instruments in the Observatory Tower and admiring the Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds).
- The family can get their hands dirty learning the art of Rajasthani pottery at a wheel pottery workshop – such fun!
Day 8: Agra
- Early this morning, your family can enjoy a short cycling trip to a nearby hamlet, visiting the local settlements and witnessing the country life, before setting off for Agra.
- Agra is famous for handicrafts products such as inlay work on marble, carpets, jewellery, zari and embroidery work.
- Your family will be captivated by the city of Agra where Emperor Shah Jahan engraved his immortal love for his Empress in marble, the Taj Mahal. Said to be one of the most elegant and harmonious buildings in the world, the Taj Mahal is the manifestation of the wealth and luxury of Mughal art as seen in its architecture, garden design, painting, and calligraphy.
- Visit the magnificent 16th century, red sandstone Agra Fort, within which stand some really beautiful buildings like the marble Diwan-e-Am and Diwan-e-Khas (halls of public and private audience). Others like Jehangir’s Palace, Sheesh Mahal (mirrored palace), and Musamman Burj showcase the beauty of Hindu Islamic architecture.
Day 9-10: Chambal
- Today, you and your family will travel to Chambal, perhaps the least known of the many tributaries of the Ganges. Unlike most Indian rivers there are no major temples or religious sites along its banks, however there is considerable history and some extraordinary wildlife.
- Enjoy a wonderful family boat safari on the Chambal River and observe gharials, muggers and turtles basking in the sun, the many migratory and resident birds and the glimpse of the Gangetic river dolphins breaking surface.
- Visit the Bateshwar Temples with more than 40 temples dedicated to the glory of Shiva glistening pearly white along the Ghats of the river and be enchanted by harmonious evening prayers by the river.
Day 11: Departure
- Enjoy an early morning boat safari on the Chambal river and then return to the lodge for breakfast, before being driven back to New Delhi (approx. 4 ½ hours’ drive).
- Your family will be met on arrival and assisted to check-in at the ‘JW Marriott Aerocity’ where a ‘Day Use’ Room will be provided till departure.
- Later tonight you will be collected for your flight back home.
- Accommodation at all hotels in One Double Room.
- All transfers, sightseeing and overland trips by 01 Air-conditioned Toyota Innova Vehicle (MUV)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fee and services of English speaking Local guide during sightseeing
- Safari drives in a exclusive safari vehicle and wilderness activities at Sariska National Park
- Boat safari and excursion to Bateshwar Temple in Chambal Safari Lodge.
- Mineral water during sightseeing and overland trip
- All current taxes as on date.
What's not included
- Any International Airfare / Airport taxes
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, phone calls etc.
- Any video / still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes.
- Any Insurance.
- Not valid for the period 20 December 2021 - 5 January 2022
- Child Rates:
- Child below 5 years of age and sharing parents room - complementary
- One child between 5 to 10 years of age and sharing parents room and no extra bed - 30% of the adult rate (on same meal plan)
- One child between 10 and 12 years of age and sharing parents room with one extra bed - 45% of the adult rate (on same meal plan)
- Two children above the age of 8 travelling with their parents will have to be assigned a separate room
- Services subject to availability at the time of booking request
- &Beyond shall not be liable for any inadvertent delay in the issuing of an invoice or any supporting document related thereto (i.e. quotations, proposals, etc.) , or any omission or error contained in such invoice or supporting document provided that such delays, errors or omissions be rectified by AndBeyond as soon as reasonably possible after the discovery of the same.
- Validity periods are as specified - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- Rates are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Optional activities are not included in the price
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming