Your journey at a glance
Immerse yourself in the exquisite natural beauty of Sri Lanka, and explore vast textured landscapes brimming with iconic wildlife.
Delve into the archaeological masterpieces of the extensive ruins of Polonnaruwa, and the magnificent Sigiriya Rock Fortress steeped in history. Delight in a charming tea experience in the tranquil serenity of fragrant tea plantations. Several exquisite wildlife havens dot the vast terrain, including the incredible Minneriya and Kaudulla National Parks, as well as the Hurulu Forest Reserve, and it is here that you can savour the opportunity of seeing massive herds of Asian Elephant roaming in the wild. At the world-famous Yala National Park, experience the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spot the elusive Sri Lankan leopard, and other incredible species, in their jungle habitat.
Kayak on sparkling lagoons, observing animals’ crisscrossing paths to the water’s edge to quench their thirst. Sink into luxurious comfort on the beaches of Weligama and spend time frolicking in the waves, or sipping cocktails. Glide out on a boat where you can no longer see the land, and watch magnificent whales and dolphins breaching. Meander through atmospheric cobblestone streets in the historic Galle Fort and lose yourself in stunning, classic Dutch architecture juxtaposed with beautiful European buildings highlighting a sensational cultural fusion.
11 Days | From USD 5,950
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Accommodation at the Hotels and as per the meal plans mentioned above.
- All transport services using 01 Air-conditioned Vehicle based on options provided.
- All sightseeing and related entrance charges as mentioned in the itinerary.
- We will be providing an English-speaking chauffeur Guide throughout the tour.
- Bottle water during sightseeing tours and long drives.
- All presently applicable government taxes.
- Ceylon Tea Trails All Inclusive Package Includes: Bed tea, full English or Sri Lankan breakfast, 3-course lunch or rice and curry (gourmet packed lunch if on excursion), traditional afternoon cream tea (scones, clotted cream; jams; cakes; sandwiches), pre-dinner cocktails, 4-course gourmet dinner, a selection of international wines, premium spirits & liqueurs, beer (Alcohol will not be served on Poya full moon days and other days prohibited by the Govt.), juice and soft drinks, tea & coffee, laundry, calls within Sri Lanka, the “Tea Experience” tea fields & factory tour with our planter/naturalist–in-residence & bungalow amenities including Wi-Fi.
- Kulu Safaris Fully Inclusive Package Include: Accommodation, All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), All beverages (tea, coffee, soft drinks, juices, wine and beer), Snacks and drinks during game drives, Jeep Safaris, An experienced naturalist that will accompany guests during Safari
What's not included
- Sri Lankan Visa
- Lunch and Dinner unless stated otherwise
- Beverages, unless stated otherwise
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls etc.
- Any hotel early check ins or late check outs unless stated otherwise.
- Any Insurance
- International and domestic airfare unless stated otherwise.
- Tips to guides, airport and hotel porters and restaurants. (Tipping is expected!)
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under included price.
- Hotel Check-In 1400 hours, Check-out time 1200 NOON
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- All rates are inclusive of taxes, any further changes in taxes / levies will be charged extra as applicable.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whichever is applicable) to you.
- In case of any currency fluctuations or amendments in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
- Approximate drive times given in the itinerary are direct drive times and do not take into account any traffic situations, road repairs or stops along the way which might increase the time it takes to arrive at the destination.
- Please note that in most properties, the normal check in time is 14:00 Hrs and normal check out time is 12:00 Hrs (noon). Please let us know if your flight is arriving prior to your normal hotel check in time or if your departure flight is schedule to depart later than the normal hotel check out time, so that an early or late check out facility can be arranged.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning, should there be any increases in Park Fees, Fuel, Sales Tax or VAT, third party services, or any other circumstances beyond our control in the regions featured in this quote/booking.
- It is recommended that all guests take out a comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, medical evacuation, cancellation and curtailment.
- In order to comply with international airline requirements, all airline tickets must clearly show the passenger’s title, surname, name and initial (as indicated in their passport). As this applies to both scheduled and charter flights, we would be grateful if you could provide us with this information at the time of confirmation, should your itinerary incorporate domestic travel by air. We would request a scanned copy of your passport for this purpose.
- In order to comply with International Insurance requirements &Beyond Lanka can only reserve seats, be it on a provisional or confirmed basis, on domestic scheduled or charter flights.
- &Beyond Lanka cannot be held responsible should airlines discontinue flights on certain routings or change scheduled timetables, resulting in missed connections etc. Should an amendment in a routing or itinerary be necessary, we will re-quote you accordingly.
- Please note that fares may increase between time of booking, time of payment and the ticket being issued. Any costs incurred due to amendments will not be borne by &Beyond Lanka.
- Where your domestic flights, train rides, balloon rides, White Water Rafting, Safaris, Whale or Dolphin Watching Charters, have been organized by us, and while we take the maximum care to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for you, &Beyond Lanka Private Ltd. is not responsible for the fitness of the operators or the safety standards of the operating company.
- Gratuities: Tipping is at your discretion. However, your Chauffeur Guide will be able to assist with guidelines.
- &Beyond reserves the right to modify program itineraries, including arranged sightseeing, and substitute accommodations, including vessels and trains, at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond &Beyond’s control. Every effort will be made to operate itineraries as planned, but alterations may occur after the final itinerary has been issued.
- &Beyond strongly recommends that the guests insure themselves against loss of deposit, cancellation charges, medical expenses and loss of personal possessions, and any other foreseeable loss or expense.
- Rates are subject to change
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-2: Horathapola Estate
- Head to Horathapola Estate, a plantation bungalow hidden amidst the beautiful lush landscapes.
- Explore this functioning 50-acre organic coconut plantation, which dates back to the early 1900’s.
- This is an ideal place to start your journey and unwind before you explore the rest of the Island.
- Hop on a bicycle and go for a leisurely ride, passing temples, plantations and farmlands
- Stroll on a nature walk into the community to engage and interact with the friendly locals.
- Traverse the lush expanse on a cart, and gain insight into how this organic plantation works.
- Visit the local ‘pola’, a bustling farmers-market selling delicious fresh produce.
- Explore an organic coconut oil manufacturing plant.
- For avid birdwatchers, there is a diverse array of kaleidoscopic birdlife painting the sky above.
Day 2-3: Cultural Triangle
- Climb the Sigiriya Rock Fortress, an exquisite ancient fortress and site of significant archaeological importance.
- Take in sensational views as well as exploring this fascinating ancient creation.
- Hop onto bicycles and cycle around the beautiful surroundings.
- Venture on the Loris Night Trail at night searching for the elusive grey Loris, a nocturnal primate.
- Discover the second most ancient kingdom of Sri Lanka, Polonnaruwa, a prehistoric site containing the archaeological remains of ancient structures that reflect the great works of the Kings of Sri Lanka.
- Visit Hurulu Forest Reserve or Minerriya or Kaudula National Parks.
- Look out for massive herds of over 250 elephants, as well as leopards, rusty spotted cats and sloth bears roaming in the scrubby forest. Other large animals found here include Jackal, Spotted Deer, Tufted Grey Langur and Toque Macaque.
Day 4-5: Kandy and Hill Country
- Visit the Temple of the Sacred Relic Temple, the most revered site in Sri Lanka. While the tooth stays hidden within a gold casket, visitors and devotees always visit the temple during puja, the prayer session, just to glimpse the well-protected inner shrine where it is housed.
- Embark on a Ceylon Tea Trails Tea Experience with the resident planter, and discover the age-old tea making process.
- End off your tour sipping on delicious varieties and grades of delicious brews.
- Relish tea-infused cuisine, treat yourself to tea-based spa treatments and trek on tea-laden trails.
- Indulge in the ultimate relaxation in English gardens abundant with old-world charm.
- Take a leisurely wander through the beautiful Ceylon tea gardens.
- Embark on an adventure trek u, a great way to delve into diverse terrain and colourful birdlife.
- Savour sweeping vistas of shimmering mountain lakes and enchanting misty forests.
- Make sure to utterly spoil yourself at the scrumptious afternoon high teas in the gardens.
- Take the time to rest and relax in one of the luxurious bungalows, perfectly enveloped in warmth from a crackling wood fire, watching as the captivating mists rolls across the landscape.
Day 6-8: Yala National Park
- Head to Yala National Park, home to a high concentration of leopards, an abundance of Asian elephant, wild buffalo, sloth bear, jackal, sambar deer, and magnificent bird species.
- Enjoy exhilarating morning and evening game drives traversing through the scrubby brush, vast grassland, dense woodland and sparkling lakes.
- A kaleidoscope of colour, Yala is home to over 215 bird species.
- If you have a special interest in archaeology, we can organise a more focused programme looking at the sites of stupas, including the impressive Akasha Chaithya, the Magul Maha Vihatiya, and some of the ruined tanks.
- Other activities include nature walks, kayaking in one of the lakes, and visiting archaeological ruins.
Day 9-10: Weligama and Galle
- Visit Bundala National Park and explore the textured terrain of salt pans, scrub jungle and vast lagoons.
- Head to Weligama, a gorgeous village-style environment gazing out to the pristine Indian Ocean.
- Stroll on the infinite sun-kissed stretches of sand and frolic in the sensational sparkling waters.
- Explore neighbouring coves by kayak, or learn to surf on Weligama’s legendary curls.
- View Weligama’s iconic sunsets from the infinity pool that appears to flow seamlessly into the shimmering sea.
- Go whale watching off Mirissa on a privately chartered vessel with a delectable packed breakfast.
- Be utterly captivated by magnificent Blue Whales rising from the depths of the aquamarine seas, dramatically diving back into the tranquil waters, and frolicking with their calves blowing enormous balloon bubbles.
- Explore the intricately beautiful historic Old Dutch fort in Galle.
- Wander through this vibrant, bustling area, complete with courts, schools, administrative buildings and churches.
- Explore the Dutch Hospital Shopping Complex, and soak in the ambience.
Day 11: Departure
Wave a fond farewell as you are driven to Bandaranaike International Airport for your international flight onward.
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming