Your journey at a glance
Explore Tanzania’s spectacular landscapes and wildlife treasures on this exceptional safari adventure which lends itself perfectly to Great Migration experiences.
Witness the legendary elephant herds, tree-climbing lions and prolific birdlife of the richly diverse Lake Manyara National Park, set against a backdrop of dramatic lake and Rift Valley splendor.
Experience a landscape like no other – from the high-lying rim of the Ngorongoro Crater, look down onto this vast, natural amphitheater, a year-round wildlife haven.
Lose your heart among the boundless plains of the Serengeti, one of Africa’s most iconic safari destinations, where horizons know no end and endless chapters of the Great Migration play out.
09 Days | From USD 8,080 per person
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Meet and Greet service at Kilimanjaro Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per individual properties
- Dinner at The Bistro or The Grill Room while staying at Arusha Coffee Lodge
- All scheduled road transfers:
- Kilimanjaro Airport / Arusha Coffee Lodge
- Arusha Coffee Lodge / Arusha Airport
- Manyara Airstrip / andBeyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge
- andBeyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge / Manyara Airstrip
- Manyara Airstrip / andBeyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge
- andBeyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge / Manyara Airstrip
- All scheduled air transfers:
- Arusha Airport / Manyara Airstrip
- Manyara Airstrip / Serengeti Airstrip
- Serengeti Airstrip / Kilimanjaro Airport
- Tanzania National park fees / crater / concession & conservancy fees
- Tanzania Tourism Development Levy
- Explore more of Lake Manayra: One complimentary Night Game Drive and a Scenic bicycle ride exploring Lake Manyara
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration Fee
What's not included
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- The operator may reroute the itinerary in case of non-availability
- Single supplement:
- 1 – 10 January 2020: High Season: A single supplement of 50% applies to all single rooms. Remainder of year: A single supplement of 25% applies to all single rooms at andBeyond Lodge’s. A single supplement will be charged when an adult is sharing with an infant.
- 11 January – 31 December 2020: High Season: A single supplement of 50% applies to all single rooms. Remainder of year: A single supplement of 25% applies to all single rooms. A single supplement will be charged when an adult is sharing with an infant.
- Child rates will be quoted on request
- Maximum of four andBeyond lodges per package
- Minimum of two guests in low season (1 - 31 Mar; 1 - 31 May & 1 Oct - 20 Dec)
- Flight rates are purely for morning schedules
- Above rate calculated on Fly Me offer plus additional night in Arusha
- Package is not applicable to andBeyond family rooms. Validity periods are as specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- andBeyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge and andBeyond Grumeti Tented Camp closed in April
- andBeyond Trading Terms apply
- Additional suggested activities not included in the rate
- Extend your stay with 3 nights at andBeyond Mnemba Island, and qualify for the Fly Me to the Beach Mnemba offer
- PPS* = Per person sharing
- Rates are subject to change
- Our high season typically covers travel between July and September as well as Christmas, New Years and Easter.
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Arusha
- Upon your arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport you will be met by a member of the &Beyond team who will transfer you by road to Arusha Coffee Lodge . This attractive little town is situated beneath the towering peaks of Mount Meru and Kilimanjaro.
- Visit the extraordinary social enterprise Shanga that employs disabled people from the community to create export quality recycled glass products
- Go on the exciting and informative ‘Coffee Tour’, weaving in and out of the evergreen coffee trees, the coffee guide explains how the bean is nurtured, harvested, dried and finally roasted to produce a myriad of different blends that sate the taste of the most ardent of coffee connoisseurs
Day 2-3: Lake Manyara National Park
- You will be transferred by car to Arusha Airport for your scheduled flight to the Manyara Airstrip. On arrival, you will be met by a representative from &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge who will take you on a game drive to the lodge
- Take the opportunity to relax after your long flight and enjoy the splendid lodge, the sparkling swimming pool and even treat yourself to a Healing Earth Wellness Treatment in your room or in the massage sala nestled in the towering shady trees.
- Take an evening drive, and after sundowners at the lake
- Go on an exciting game drive, the park is famous for its unusual tree-climbing lions and the elephant herds it protects.
- Spoil yourself by either waking up early for the sunrise or taking time to see the golden peach hue over a colourful sundowner cocktail at the lakeshore
- Take a cycle or walk in the local community and experience a bit of local life
Day 4-5: Ngorongoro Crater
- Take a scenic drive to the Manyara airstrip on the escarpment. On arrival, you will be met by a representative from &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge who will drive you to your next lodge
- The Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area, is home to more than 30 000 protected animals. It is an area of spectacular beauty and excellent game viewing, a truly unique safari destination in Africa. The Ngorongoro Crater, once a gigantic volcano, is the largest intact caldera in the world. Today, long since having collapsed and eroded, it is an extensive highland area with the famous 600 metre deep Ngorongoro Crater as its focal point
- Wake up early to the views of the Crater, and after breakfast head off for a full day game drive on the Crater floor, abundant with wildlife -view Black rhino that are protected within its rim, giant tusked elephants, big-maned lions stalking the grasslands, and bright pink flamingos crowding the soda lakes
- Take a stroll on the rim of the Crater with your guide and relish sundowners with a sensational view
- In the evening, appreciate sublime wine at the Winestore, where a special tasting can be arranged
Day 6-8: Serengeti National Park
- Take a game drive back to the Manyara Airstrip, for your scheduled flight to your chosen camp in the Serengeti – either &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas, &Beyond Klein’s Camp or &Beyond Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp. The Serengeti National Park, meaning “endless plains” in the Masai language, is undoubtedly one of the world’s most celebrated Wilderness areas and is an ongoing source of inspiration to writers, filmmakers and photographers.
- Your Camp Manager and Ranger will help you plan your few days in the Serengeti. Relish twice-daily game drives, with sunrise and sundowner stops. Or take a full day game drive and scrumptious picnic, so that you can spend the entire day out.
- At &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas experience nature in a real and authentic manner. Roam its sprawling plains on exhilarating game drives or hop into a hot-air balloon ride for an once-in-a-lifetime wilderness adventure.
- Enjoy your shower under the stars, waking up to the golden sunrise through your tent, sitting around a cosy camp fire revelling in the romance and sounds of being in the bush, and far, far away from reality.
- At &Beyond Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp take the time to enjoy the gushing river and playful hippos as well as the exceptional year round lion sightings. Alternatively take the opportunity to go to Lake Victoria and interact with the villages and local way of life.
- At &Beyond Klein’s Camp take the time to enjoy the private concession, with opportunities to go on tranquil nature walks and thrilling night drives, or visit a Maasai community and gain insight into the day to day lives of this pastoralist community.
Day 9: Departure
Your superb Tanzanian safari experience comes to an end
Enjoy an early morning game drive and a tantalising breakfast before being driven back to the airstrip, where we wave a fond farewell as you board your scheduled flight to Kilimanjaro International Airport for your flight onward.