The spirit of &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas
This is the ultimate in luxury camping, complete with a private butler service, chandeliers, silverware, crystal, ensuite flush w.c. and comfortable beds with fluffy duvets.
Experience a classic Tanzanian safari in spectacular solitude and soothing comfort – with only the canvas walls of your tent separating you from the wonder of the Serengeti. Carefully positioned for close proximity to the wildlife herds of the Great Migration, our two &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas camps provide the ultimate viewpoint for this amazing animal spectacle. With only nine tents nestled at each private campsite, enjoy the indulgence of complete comfort combined with the authenticity of nights spent in the African bush.
Why we love it
- Attempts to anticipate the movements of the Great Migration
- The rustic charm of camping combined with true comfort and luxury, including a private butler, hot bucket shower and flush toilet
- The ultimate remote getaway in the midst of the vast herds
- Seasonal sightings of the Grumeti and Mara River crossings
- Seasonal sightings of the wildebeest calving season at Ndutu
- Exceptional resident game
- Fantastic big cat sightings
- Unique wildlife includes topi, kongoni and Thompson’s gazelle
- Magnificent night skies
&Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas is a luxurious semi-permanent tented camp that moves around the Serengeti bringing guests within range of the massive herds of the Great Migration.
Using only private campsites, these mobile camps are entirely intimate and exclusive, featuring just nine spacious safari tents at each of its two campsites.
The guest areas include a dedicated sitting and dining tent, which provides deep sofas from which to contemplate the vastness and peace of the surrounding landscape. Custom made Indian rugs and polished brass samovars add a touch of elegance and romance.
Relax under the dark velvet night sky and sample hearty cuisine served on sparkling crystal and silver that reflects the twinkling light of millions of shining stars. Cluster around a roaring campfire to share stories of the day’s magic and listen to the African night come alive.