IDEAL FOR HONEYMOONERS
RECONNECT, RELAX AND RELISH QUALITY TIME TOGETHER
MANY CELEBRATORY AND ROMANTIC EXERIENCES TO ENJOY
EXPERIENCE THE BIG FIVE ON SAFARI IN AFRICA'S MOST FAMOUS WILDLIFE DESTINATION
Witness the world’s greatest wildlife spectacle, the Great Wildebeest Migration
Your journey at a glance
Explore Tanzania’s spectacular landscapes and wildlife treasures on this exceptional safari adventure which lends itself perfectly to Great Migration experiences.
An intimate itinerary for two to explore Tanzania’s spectacular landscapes and wildlife treasures on this exceptional 9-day safari adventure, lending itself perfectly to Great Migration experiences. With your loved one at your side, be captivated by legendary elephant herds, tree-climbing lions and prolific birdlife of the richly diverse Lake Manyara National Park, set against a backdrop of dramatic lake and Rift Valley splendour. Together you can discover breathtaking terrain like no other – from the high-lying rim of the Ngorongoro Crater, looking down onto this vast, natural amphitheatre, a year-round wildlife haven, to losing your heart again among the boundless plains of the Serengeti, one of the world’s most famed safari destinations, where horizons know no end and each golden sunrise weaves a new beginning.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Arusha
- Upon your arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will both be welcomed by a member of the &Beyond team who will drive you to Arusha Coffee Lodge. This attractive little town is situated beneath the towering peaks of Mount Meru and Kilimanjaro.
- Unwind in beautiful suites, boasting a romantic four-poster bed draped in Egyptian cotton linen, an open fireplace and a private veranda that looks out onto rows and rows of berry-laden coffee bushes.
- A wonderful start to your romantic journey, visit the extraordinary social enterprise Shanga that employs disabled people from the community to create export quality recycled glass products. Choose a wonderful item to take home as a beautiful reminder of your journey together.
- Enjoy an exciting and informative ‘Coffee Tour’, weaving in and out of the evergreen coffee trees, as the coffee guide explains how the bean is nurtured, harvested, dried and finally roasted to produce a myriad of different blends that sate the taste of the most ardent of coffee connoisseurs.
Day 2-3: Lake Manyara National Park
- You will both be driven to Arusha Airport for your scheduled flight to the Manyara Airstrip. On arrival, you will be met by a representative from &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge who will take you on a game drive to the lodge.
- Lake Manyara National Park offers a true wilderness experience in diverse habitats, from its Rift Valley soda lake to dense woodlands and steep mountainsides. Cradled in the boughs of an ancient mahogany forest, &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge blends into the natural beauty of its breathtaking surroundings.
- Take the opportunity to relax after your long flight and enjoy the splendid lodge, the sparkling swimming pool and even treat yourselves to a couples Healing Earth Wellness Treatment in your room or in the massage sala nestled in the towering shady trees.
- Go on twice-daily game drives and look out for its unusual tree-climbing lions and massive elephant herds. Enjoy thrilling night drive seeking out nocturnal wildlife and sip sundowners at the lake, the ideal romantic spot.
- Hop on a bicycle for a leisurely cycle or walk to the community, engaging with the friendly locals and gaining insight into their daily life.
- Simply spend time together in your luxurious treehouse suite, a haven of privacy and exclusivity.
Day 4-5: Ngorongoro Crater
- Take a scenic drive to the Manyara Airstrip on the escarpment and upon arrival, be welcomed by a representative from &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge who will drive you to your next lodge.
- &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge has been called the game lodge at the top of the world. Between the natural riches of the Crater spread out at its feet and the incredible architecture, it’s easy to believe that you have entered a realm of pure fantasy.
- The Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area is home to more than 30 000 protected animals. It is an area of spectacular beauty and excellent game viewing, an utterly unique safari destination in Africa for couples in love. The Ngorongoro Crater, once a gigantic volcano, is the largest intact caldera in the world.
- Wake early to the views of the Crater, and after breakfast head off for a full day game drive on the Crater floor, abundant with wildlife – view black rhino that are protected within its rim, giant tusked elephants, big-maned lions stalking the grasslands, and bright pink flamingos crowding the soda lakes, an extraordinary experience awaits you both here.
- Hold hands and take a gentle stroll on the rim of the Crater with your guide and savour Champagne and nibbles with a sensational view.
- Watch and listen to the chant of Maasai warriors, overlooking the game-rich Crater as the sun goes down.
- Personal butlers discretely cater to your every need, bringing tea in bed, stoking fireplaces and drawing romantic bubble baths.
- In the evening, the ultimate romantic experience awaits, appreciate sublime wine and delectable cuisine at the Wine Store in absolute privacy. Toast your love with a special wine tasting.
Day 6-8: Serengeti National Park
- Take a game drive back to the Manyara Airstrip, for your scheduled flight to your chosen romantic camp in the Serengeti – either &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas or &Beyond Klein’s Camp.
- The Serengeti National Park, meaning “endless plains” in the Masai language, is undoubtedly one of the world’s most celebrated wilderness areas and is an ongoing source of inspiration to writers, filmmakers and photographers.
- Plan your wonderful days experiencing the beauty of the wild with your camp manager and ranger. Enjoy twice-daily game drives, with beautiful sunrise and sundowner stops. Or take a full day game drive and relish a scrumptious picnic, just for two.
- At &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas experience nature in a real and authentic manner. Roam its sprawling plains on exhilarating game drives or hop into a hot-air balloon ride for a once-in-a-lifetime wilderness adventure – the two of you will never forget this.
- Experience a classic tented safari in soothing solitude and spectacular comfort, with only the canvas walls of your tent separating you from the wonders of the Serengeti. Relax under the dark velvet night sky and savour hearty cuisine served on sparkling crystal and silver that reflects the twinkling light of millions of shining stars.
- If &Beyond Klein’s Camp is your choice, take the time to enjoy the private concession, with opportunities to go on tranquil nature walks and thrilling night drives, or visit a Maasai community and gain insight into the day to day lives of this pastoralist community, a wonderful heart-warming experience.
- Perched on the edge of the Kuka Hills, the camp commands breathtaking views down the valley that borders the Serengeti and the Masai Mara National Reserve.
Day 9: Departure
- Your romantic Tanzanian safari experience comes to an end.
- Enjoy an early morning game drive and a tantalising breakfast before being driven back to the airstrip, where we wave a fond farewell to you both as you board your scheduled flight to Kilimanjaro International Airport for your flight onward.
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming