Food and wine
Your journey at a glance
Enjoy a wonderful, delectable journey through the beauty of Sri Lanka, delighting in enticing tastes and savouring the beautiful art of tea.
Explore the wonderful, colourful culture in Colombo meandering down bustling streets dotted with iconic architectural wonders, including the Red Mosque and Fort Station. Whizz down leafy tree-lined lanes in a Tuk Tuk, venturing off the beaten track, delving into a deeper, more authentic city. Stroll around the whirling Pettah Bazaar, a kaleidoscopic shopping mecca brimming with delicious fresh produce, swathes of colourful decorative fabrics, unique items and the wafting fragrance of spices pervading the air.
Tuck into delicious culinary fare on exciting cooking classes and discover the secrets of generations in traditional Sri Lankan cuisine. Learn the art of tea on a beautiful Ceylon Tea Trails Tea experience, and immerse yourself in enchanting tranquil surrounds with views of exquisite tea plantation vistas.
Be captivated by the magnificent Galle Fort, an ancient UNESCO World Heritage Site that is a labyrinth of beautiful cobblestone streets, whimsical charming shops, sublime restaurants and stunning architecture. Lose yourself in the enchanting ambience and atmospheric milieu of this living monument.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-3: Colombo
- Immerse yourself in the colourful, bustling sights and sounds of Colombo.
- Discover an eclectic mix of shiny hotels, office blocks, and neighbouring colonial-era buildings.
- Whizz around in a Tuk Tuk exploring street markets churches, mosques and temples.
- Plunge into Colombo’s enticing street food scene and eat like a local
- Immerse yourself in the sights, sounds and aromas of the whirling Pettah Bazaar.
- Explore the Gangaramaya Temple, one of the most prominent Buddhist temples in the city.
- Engage in a traditional cookery demonstration at a private home in Colombo
- Learn about Sri Lanka’s unique cuisines and culinary family styles and venture to the vibrant fruit and vegetable market and choose your fresh ingredients.
Day 3-5: Hill Country
- Venture into the serene beauty of the lush Hill Country
- Meandering around exquisite gardens, strolling along the tea trails or embarking on an exhilarating trek.
- Take in vistas of mountain lakes, manicured tea gardens, forests and doll’s house villages.
- Embark on a Ceylon Tea Trails Tea Experience with the resident planter, and discover the age-old tea making process.
- Incredible beauty sweeps across the valleys and hills and tea-pickers select leaves and buds with their nimble hands.
- Appreciate the handcrafted art of tea as you end off your tour sipping on delicious varieties and grades of this delicious brew.
- Relish tea-infused cuisine, treat yourself to tea-based spa treatments and trek on tea-laden trails.
Day 5-8: Galle
- Delve into the vibrant city of Galle, an exciting city embracing its ancient and colonial past.
- Savour a delectable cooking class and enjoy traditional Sri Lankan cuisine
- Revel in a scrumptious cooking class that involves shopping at bustling markets for fresh ingredients.
- Cooking up a Sri Lankan storm, and then dine on your very own cuisine.
- Be enchanted in the captivating Galle Fort and delve into streets steeped in history.
- Lose yourself in stunning, classic Dutch architecture juxtaposed with beautiful European buildings.
- Explore myriad top-notch restaurants, gorgeous arts, crafts and culture that line the labyrinth of cobbled streets.
- Visit the Dutch Hospital Shopping Complex, and soak in the ambience as you enjoy the ultimate retail experience.
Day 8: Departure
Your wonderful journey comes to an end, and this morning after breakfast you will be driven to Bandaranaike International Airport, to board your international flight onwards.
- Accommodation at the Hotels and as per the meal plans mentioned above.
- All transport services using 01 Air-conditioned Car based on options provided.
- All sightseeing and related entrance charges as mentioned in the itinerary.
- We will be providing an English speaking Chauffeur Guide throughout the tour.
- Bottle water during sightseeing tours and long drives.
- All presently applicable government taxes.
- Ceylon Tea Trails - Fully Inclusive Include: Breakfast, lunch, afternoon cream tea, dinner, beverages including spirits & wines, laundry, Wi-Fi, Tea Experience tour.
What's not included
- Sri Lankan Visa
- Lunch and Dinner unless stated otherwise
- Beverages, unless stated otherwise
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls etc.
- Any hotel early check ins or late check outs unless stated otherwise.
- Any Insurance
- International and domestic airfare unless stated otherwise.
- Tips to guides, airport and hotel porters and restaurants. (Tipping is expected!)
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under included price.
- Hotel Check-In 1400 hours, Check-out time 1200 NOON
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- All rates are inclusive of taxes, any further changes in taxes / levies will be charged extra as applicable.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whichever is applicable) to you.
- In case of any currency fluctuations or amendments in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
- Approximate drive times given in the itinerary are direct drive times and do not take into account any traffic situations, road repairs or stops along the way which might increase the time it takes to arrive at the destination.
- Please note that in most properties, the normal check in time is 14:00 Hrs and normal check out time is 12:00 Hrs (noon). Please let us know if your flight is arriving prior to your normal hotel check in time or if your departure flight is schedule to depart later than the normal hotel check out time, so that an early or late check out facility can be arranged.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning, should there be any increases in Park Fees, Fuel, Sales Tax or VAT, third party services, or any other circumstances beyond our control in the regions featured in this quote/booking.
- It is recommended that all guests take out a comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, medical evacuation, cancellation and curtailment.
- In order to comply with international airline requirements, all airline tickets must clearly show the passenger’s title, surname, name and initial (as indicated in their passport). As this applies to both scheduled and charter flights, we would be grateful if you could provide us with this information at the time of confirmation, should your itinerary incorporate domestic travel by air. We would request a scanned copy of your passport for this purpose.
- In order to comply with International Insurance requirements &Beyond Lanka can only reserve seats, be it on a provisional or confirmed basis, on domestic scheduled or charter flights.
- &Beyond Lanka cannot be held responsible should airlines discontinue flights on certain routings or change scheduled timetables, resulting in missed connections etc. Should an amendment in a routing or itinerary be necessary, we will re-quote you accordingly.
- Please note that fares may increase between time of booking, time of payment and the ticket being issued. Any costs incurred due to amendments will not be borne by &Beyond Lanka.
- Where your domestic flights, train rides, balloon rides, White Water Rafting, Safaris, Whale or Dolphin Watching Charters, have been organized by us, and while we take the maximum care to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for you, &Beyond Lanka Private Ltd. is not responsible for the fitness of the operators or the safety standards of the operating company.
- Dietary Requirements: All dietary requirements can be catered for. When making your reservation, please advise us of any specific dietary requirements that you may have and these will be communicated through to the respective establishment.
- Gratuities: Tipping is at your discretion. However, your Chauffeur Guide will be able to assist with guidelines.
- &Beyond reserves the right to modify program itineraries, including arranged sightseeing, and substitute accommodations, including vessels and trains, at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond &Beyond’s control. Every effort will be made to operate itineraries as planned, but alterations may occur after the final itinerary has been issued.
- &Beyond strongly recommends that the guests insure themselves against loss of deposit, cancellation charges, medical expenses and loss of personal possessions, and any other foreseeable loss or expense.
- Photography During Travel
- &Beyond reserves the right to take photographs or video during the operation of any program or part thereof and to use them for promotional purposes during the program and thereafter. By booking a program with &Beyond, guests agree to allow their images to be used in such photographs. Guests who prefer that their images not be used are asked to identify themselves to &Beyond representative at the beginning of their program.
- Guest Obligations:
- Medical Conditions – the guest must notify &Beyond of any pre-existing medical conditions that might reasonably be expected to affect the Travel Arrangements. The guest agrees and acknowledges that &Beyond will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by the guest as a result of any pre-existing medical condition or health issue of the Customer that may preclude, delay, affect or interfere with the Travel Arrangements.
- Health Issues – It is the guests sole responsibility to
- a) obtain any vaccinations or take any other health precautions applicable to the country of travel;
- b) take all steps reasonably necessary (including, without limitation, the consultation of appropriate medical professionals) to identify whether they have any pre-existing medical conditions or health issues (whether known or unknown) that may preclude, delay, affect or interfere with the Travel Arrangements; and
- c) notify &Beyond if the guest has any pre-existing medical conditions or health issues that may preclude, delay, affect or interfere with the Travel Arrangements.
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming