Taj Mahal tour and jungle safari
Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Pench National Park, Kanha National Park
Revel in an unforgettable India tour, highlighting some of the country’s most iconic heritage and wildlife
Your journey at a glance
Embark on an incredible India tour with this 14-day journey to five of the country’s most prized destinations.
Your journey begins in the vibrant city of Delhi where you will immerse yourself amongst the hustle and bustle of the historical market of Chandni Chowk and enjoy the wonderful sights of Rashtrapati Bhawan and the Qutub Minar. The next leg of your adventure will take you to the beautiful cities of Agra, Jaipur, and Jodhpur for exceptional, interpretive tours of the Agra Fort, the world-renowned Taj Mahal, the Jaipur City Palace and the Mehrangarh Fort. You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a fun-filled elephant ride at the Dera Amer retreat. After your spectacular cultural and heritage explorations, you will make your way to India’s tiger country for excellent jungle safaris in the wilderness destinations of the Pench and Kanha National Parks. Expect luxurious safari accommodation, mouth-watering menus and twice-daily game drives, led by expertly trained naturalists.
2 nights Delhi | 1 night Agra | 2 nights Jaipur | 2 nights Jodhpur | 3 nights Pench National Park | 3 nights in Kanha National Park
14 Days | From USD 8,743 per person
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
At Taj Safari Banjaar Tola Lodge - Price inclusive of:
- Accommodation at all hotels in one Double Room.
- All transfers, sightseeing and overland trips by 01 Air-conditioned Toyota Innova for the whole trip.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All internal regular flights in economy class subject to change at the time of issuing.
- Game safaris as mentioned in the itinerary is included.
- Services of naturist during game safaris is included.
- Entrances fees at all the monuments as mentioned in the itinerary is included.
- Services of local English speaking guide during sightseeing tours is included.
- Travel Journal
- Mineral water during sightseeing and overland trip
- All current taxes as on date.
- Accommodation in a Double room.
- Photographic fees (non-professional).
- Services of English Speaking Naturalist.
- Forest guide fees.
- Three meals daily (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- Laundry – 6 Pieces per Person per Day.
- Scheduled Safari activities morning and afternoon game safaris.
- Refreshments on game safaris.
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance.
- All applicable taxes
What's not included At Taj Safari Lodges - Price exclusive of:
- Telephone calls.
- Safari shop purchases
- Champagne, Cognacs, Premium Brand Spirits, Fine Wines and Cigars. Gratuities
- Any additional taxes and levies
- Any International Airfare / Airport taxes
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, phone calls etc
- Any video / still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes.
- Any Insurance.
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- The rate is not valid over the Christmas/ New Year Period - 22 Dec 2020 To 4th Jan 2021
- Winter rates are valid from 15th October to 21st December 2020 and 5th January to 15th April 2021
- Summer rates are valid from 16th April to 5th May 2021
- Check in time at the hotels is 14h00 and check out time is noon.
- The quote is valid for two people travelling together and sharing the same room.
- Air fare mentioned is based on present schedule fare in economy class.
- The Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays.
- Only morning game drives are possible in national parks on Wednesdays, as the parks will be closed in the afternoons as per a new rule by the park authority.
- Game drives at National Parks are in shared jeeps
- This offer only applies to the hotels specifically mentioned in the itinerary
- Rates are subject to change
- &Beyond trading terms apply
Plan your journey
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-3: Delhi
- Take a rickshaw ride through the Chandni Chowk, once the grandest of markets in India.
- Explore the Spice Market in Old Delhi which has been in operation since the 17th century.
- Visit the Jama Masjid, the principal mosque of the region, commisioned by Shah Jahan in 1644.
- Stop at Agrasen ki Baoli, an ancient ‘haunted’ stepwell which is a protected monument.
- Discover Rajpath, also known as the Kings Way, flanked on either side by ornamental ponds.
- Drive past Rashtrapati Bhawan (Presidential House) – the official residence of the President.
- Stop at the India Gate for photographs, the 42 metre stone arch.
- Visit Humayun’s Tomb, a complex of buildings that were built to house his body.
- End your day with a stop at the Qutub Minar, a 72.5-meter tower, the world’s tallest brick minaret.
Day 3-4 Agra
- Board a train for Agra and experience some of the truly wonderful things about Indian train travel.
- Marvel at the world’s greatest monument to love, the Taj Mahal, at both sunset and sunrise, the place where Emperor Shah Jahan engraved his immortal love for his Empress in marble.
- Discover handicraft products such as inlay work on marble, carpets, jewellery, zari and embroidery work.
- Visit Agra Fort, the ancient red sandstone palace once occupied by Shah Jahan and his family.
- The next day, take a tour of the 16th-century city of Fatehpur Sikri founded as the capital of the Mughal Empire in 1571 by Emperor Akbar which he later abandoned.
Day 4-6: Jaipur
- Explore the pink city – vibrant with colours and bustling bazaars where artisans fashion puppets, silver jewellery, bangles and other handicrafts in their workshops.
- Tour the City Palace, a wonderful combination of Mughal and Rajput forms of architecture, now partly a museum housing miniature paintings, manuscripts, Mughal carpets, musical instruments, royal costumes and weapons.
- Discover the Observatory Tower, built in 1728, housing precise instruments for measuring “the harmony of heavens”.
- Stop at Hawa Mahal, with its pink sandstone façade, built for the ladies of the harem by Sawai Pratap Singh.
- Walk in the footsteps of royalty at the magnificent Amer Fort, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Marvel at the ancient art of hand printing at the Anokhi Museum, dedicated to the history of hand printing.
- Enjoy an evening excursion to Dera Amer, for an unforgettable experience with rescued elephants from the city.
Day 6-8: Jodhpur
- Wander the historically rich walls of the Mehrangarh Fort, one of the largest forts in India, named after the sun deity of the Rathore dynasty. The majestic structure boasts seven imposing gates, some of them named after famous victories that took place along the Fort’s boundary.
- As the sun sets over the iridescent city of Jodhpur, head to the majestic Fort, now converted into a museum, softly illuminated by the last remnants of the glowing sun.
- Delight in a private tour, led by the Mehrangarh Fort museum curator, and wander along historically rich walls, reverently caressing the surface with one hand and holding a glass of champagne firmly in the other.
- Visit the Jaswant Thada, a beautiful marble crematorium constructed for the maharajahs in the 19th century.
- Inhale the heady fragrances and enjoying the vibrant colours of the Spice Market.
Day 8-11: Pench National Park
- Head to Pench National Park, a spectacular natural reserve set in a typical teak jungle, offering a quiet and secluded game viewing experience and supports a rich variety of wildlife. Here, you will have the opportunity to explore the jungle on morning and afternoon game drives, in an open 4×4 safari vehicle, accompanied by a trained naturalist.
- Spend three nights at Jamtara Wilderness Camp. Your stay is on a full board basis, including scheduled game drives in a shared vehicle.
Day 11-14: Kanha National Park
- Move on to Kanha National Park, one of the first areas to be protected under Project Tiger, aimed at preserving this magnificent animal.
- Kanha is a renowned and picturesque conservation area that boasts the ideal habitat for both tigers and their prey species.
- Explore the sal and bamboo forests of Kanha on twice-daily game drives accompanied by a trained naturalist, who will point out and explain details about the fascinating animals and plants of the jungle.
- Spend three nights at Banjaar Tola Tented Camp, in a luxury tent. Your stay is on a full board basis and includes scheduled shared game drives.
Day 14: Delhi
Enjoy a final morning drive in Kanha before being driven to Jabalpur and catching a flight back to Delhi, where your adventure with us will end.
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences