Food and wine
Your journey at a glance
Explore lively, irresistible Sri Lanka, boasting a rich and diverse cultural heritage that dates back over 2,000 years, with Buddhism playing an integral part in its legacy.
12 Days | From USD 5,895
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Accommodation at the Hotels and as per the meal plans mentioned above.
- All transport services using 01 Air-conditioned Car based on options provided.
- All sightseeing and related entrance charges as mentioned in the itinerary.
- We will be providing an English speaking Chauffeur Guide throughout the tour.
- Bottle water during sightseeing tours and long drives.
- All presently applicable government taxes.
- Ceylon Tea Trails All Inclusive package includes: Bed tea, full English or Sri Lankan breakfast, 3-course lunch or rice and curry (gourmet packed lunch if on excursion), traditional afternoon cream tea (scones, clotted cream; jams; cakes; sandwiches), pre-dinner cocktails, 4-course gourmet dinner, a selection of international wines, premium spirits & liqueurs, beer (Alcohol will not be served on Poya full moon days and other days prohibited by the Govt.), juice and soft drinks, tea & coffee, laundry, calls within Sri Lanka, the “Tea Experience” tea fields & factory tour with our planter/naturalist–in-residence & bungalow amenities including Wi-Fi.
What's not included
- Sri Lankan Visa
- Lunch and Dinner unless stated otherwise
- Beverages, unless stated otherwise
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls etc.
- Any hotel early check ins or late check outs unless stated otherwise.
- Any Insurance
- International and domestic airfare unless stated otherwise.
- Tips to guides, airport and hotel porters and restaurants. (Tipping is expected!)
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under included price.
- Hotel Check-In 1400 hours, Check-out time 1200 NOON
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- All rates are inclusive of taxes , Any further changes in taxes / levies will be charged extra as applicable.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whichever is applicable) to you.
- In case of any currency fluctuations or amendments in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
- Approximate drive times given in the itinerary are direct drive times and do not take into account any traffic situations, road repairs or stops along the way which might increase the time it takes to arrive at the destination.
- Please note that in most properties, the normal check in time is 14:00 Hrs and normal check out time is 12:00 Hrs (noon). Please let us know If your flight is arriving prior to your normal hotel check in time or if your departure flight is schedule to depart later than the normal hotel check out time, so that an early or late check out facility can be arranged.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning, should there be any increases in Park Fees, Fuel, Sales Tax or VAT, third party services, or any other circumstances beyond our control in the regions featured in this quote/booking.
- It is recommended that all guests take out a comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, medical evacuation, cancellation and curtailment.
- In order to comply with international airline requirements, all airline tickets must clearly show the passenger’s title, surname, name and initial (as indicated in their passport). As this applies to both scheduled and charter flights, we would be grateful if you could provide us with this information at the time of confirmation, should your itinerary incorporate domestic travel by air. We would request a scanned copy of your passport for this purpose.
- In order to comply with International Insurance requirements &Beyond Lanka can only reserve seats, be it on a provisional or confirmed basis, on domestic scheduled or charter flights.
- &Beyond Lanka cannot be held responsible should airlines discontinue flights on certain routings or change scheduled timetables, resulting in missed connections etc. Should an amendment in a routing or itinerary be necessary, we will re-quote you accordingly.
- Please note that fares may increase between time of booking, time of payment and the ticket being issued. Any costs incurred due to amendments will not be borne by &Beyond Lanka.
- Where your domestic flights, train rides, balloon rides, White Water Rafting, Safaris, Whale or Dolphin Watching Charters, have been organized by us, and while we take the maximum care to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for you, &Beyond Lanka Private Ltd. is not responsible for the fitness of the operators or the safety standards of the operating company.
- Dietary Requirements: All dietary requirements can be catered for. When making your reservation, please advise us of any specific dietary requirements that you may have and these will be communicated through to the respective establishment.
- Gratuities: Tipping is at your discretion. However, your Chauffeur Guide will be able to assist with guidelines.
- &Beyond reserves the right to modify program itineraries, including arranged sightseeing, and substitute accommodations, including vessels and trains, at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond &Beyond’s control. Every effort will be made to operate itineraries as planned, but alterations may occur after the final itinerary has been issued.
- &Beyond strongly recommends that the guests insure themselves against loss of deposit, cancellation charges, medical expenses and loss of personal possessions, and any other foreseeable loss or expense.
- Rates are subject to currency fluctuations.
- andBeyond trading terms apply.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-2: Horathapola Estate
- Head to Horathapola Estate, a plantation bungalow hidden amidst the beautiful lush landscapes of rural Sri Lanka.
- Explore this fully functioning 50-acre organic coconut plantation, which dates back to the early 1900’s.
- This is an ideal place to start your journey and relax and unwind before you set out to explore the rest of the Island.
- Hop on a bicycle and go for a leisurely ride, passing temples, plantations and farmlands
- Stroll on a nature walk into the community to engage and interact with the friendly locals.
- Sit atop a bullock cart and traverse the lush expanse, and gain insight into how this organic plantation works.
- Visit the local ‘pola’, a bustling farmers-market selling delicious fresh produce.
- Explore an organic coconut oil manufacturing plant.
- If you are an avid birdwatcher, there is a diverse array of kaleidoscopic birdlife painting the sky above.
Day 2-4: Cultural Triangle
- Explore the Cultural Triangle starting with a privately guided tour of the magnificent city of Anuradhapura.
- Meander through enormous bell-shaped stupas, temples, sculptures, palaces, and ancient water reservoirs.
- Buddhism is significant here, and on holy days the streets brim with religious devotees.
- Discover the second most ancient kingdom of Sri Lanka, Polonnaruwa, a prehistoric site containing the archaeological remains of ancient structures, temples and statues that reflect the great works of the Kings of Sri Lanka.
- Visit the Minneriya and Kaudulla National Parks and revel in the ‘The Gathering of Elephants’, a massive gathering of approximately 150 – 200 towering elephants that emerge from the lush forest to congregate at the water’s edge.
- Climb the Sigiriya Rock Fortress, an exquisite ancient palace and fortress complex and site of significant archaeological importance, and explore archaic paintings of the King’s maids in waiting at the fresco gallery and Mirror Wall
Day 4-5: Kandy and Dambulla
- Choose to take an excursion to the Dambulla Cave Temple, one of the most magnificently preserved monastic temple cave complexes in Sri Lanka.
- Read the walls with their rock paintings and marvel at 150 Buddha statues located in over 2000 square metres of colourfully painted walls and ceilings.
- Visit the Temple of the Sacred Relic Temple, the most revered site in Sri Lanka. While the tooth stays hidden within a gold casket, visitors and devotees always visit the temple during puja, the prayer session, just to glimpse the well-protected inner shrine where it is housed.
- Meander through the Peradeniya Royal Botanical Gardens, and discover a vibrantly colourful montage of over 4 000 different species of plants and flowers
Day 5-7: Hill Country
- Embark on a Ceylon Tea Trails Tea Experience with the resident planter, and discover the age-old tea making process.
- End off your tour sipping on delicious varieties and grades of delicious brews.
- Relish tea-infused cuisine, treat yourself to tea-based spa treatments and trek on tea-laden trails.
- Indulge in the ultimate relaxation in English gardens abundant with old-world charm.
- Take a leisurely wander through the beautiful Ceylon tea gardens.
- Embark on an adventure trek up verdant slopes, a great way to delve into diverse terrain and colourful birdlife
- Savour sweeping vistas of shimmering mountain lakes, charming doll’s house villages and enchanting misty forests.
- Make sure to utterly spoil yourself at the scrumptious afternoon high teas in flourishing, colourful gardens.
- Take the time to rest and relax in one of the luxurious bungalows, perfectly enveloped in warmth from a crackling wood fire, watching as the captivating mists rolls across the landscape.
Day 8-10: Weligama
- This morning you will take the scenic air transfer from Castlereagh reservoir to Koggala (approx. 1 ½ hours flight with one stop en-route).
- Delight in a variety of land and water-based activities. Offering first-rate PADI dive courses and exciting dives, other activities include private cruises, big game fishing, seasonal whale and dolphin watching trips and banana boating.
- Stroll on the infinite sun-kissed stretches of sand and frolic in the sensational sparkling waters.
- Explore neighbouring coves by kayak, or learn to surf on Weligama’s legendary curls.
- Savour mouth-watering fare, dramatically poised at the cliff edge, with nothing but azure expanse as far as the eye can see.
- Indulge in a ‘spa day’, with organic homegrown Sri Lankan spice scrubs and essential oil massages.
- Explore the intricately beautiful historic Old Dutch Fort in Galle. Wander through this vibrant, bustling area, complete with courts, schools, administrative buildings and churches. Stroll through the Dutch Hospital Shopping Complex and soak in the ambience.
Day 11: Kotugoda
- After breakfast, you will be driven to Kotugoda (approx. 3 hours’ drive).
- En-route visit and explore the city of Colombo, the commercial capital of Sri Lanka with your guide.
- Immerse yourself in the colourful, bustling sights and sounds and relish the enticing street food scene.
- Enjoy a stay in an old colonial manor house in Kotugoda that has been lovingly restored to a luxury private hideaway and boasts magnificent manicured gardens.
- Indulge in sumptuous cuisine, revitalising spa treatments, a leisurely swim and a tranquil night’s sleep.
Day 12: Departure
- Drive from your hotel to Bandaranaike International Airport for your departure flight (approx. ½ hour drive).
- Wave a fond farewell as your wonderful journey comes to end.