&Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp
Like the water lily from which it takes its inspiration, &Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp nestles deep in the heart of the watery wonderland that makes up the Okavango Delta.
Reachable only by boat during the high water season, this intimate camp with only nine tents offers an exclusive experience steeped in the wonder and magic of this extraordinary ecosystem.
Float gently along clear, intricate channels and explore the myriad islands of the Delta from the light and airy base of this ethereal camp.
Reminders of the local wildlife are all around - sprawl among the hippos and crocs sewn on your comfy bean bag or kiss a couple of frogs lounging on lily pad shaped cushions!
- Game drives, helicopter flips, bush walks and bird watching
- Mokoro and fishing trips along hippo trails amongst the Delta grasses and motorised boat excursions
- Exceptional water experience
- Serene setting of this remote and isolated camp
- Children’s programme includes a pop up tent on your veranda, treasure hunts and other activities
- Perfect for an end to a safari, nature lovers, birders, return travellers, couples, families, anyone looking for a change of pace
Why stay at Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp?
In the midst of crystal clear waters, surrounded by a mosaic of papyrus and reed beds, &Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp provides an exceptional water experience. With sweeping views opening up onto a permanent lagoon, this serene and isolated Camp combines the best of what the Okavango has to offer. Glide silently on a mokoro, exploring the mosaic of islands nestled among a labyrinth of channels.
Nine light and airy tented suites look out onto spectacular Delta scenery. Four-poster beds of blonde wood squat on bleached floors, offering up extensive views. An en suite bathroom promises the luxury of a deep, warm bath and a refreshing shower waits either indoors or al fresco. Lull your senses with the splash of nearby waters as you recline in your covered sala or enjoy the cool comfort of your fully sized private pool.
Layered guest areas look out onto classic Delta silhouettes. Connect with friends and family in the spacious games area or treasure quiet moments in one of our secluded reading spots. Puddles of shade invite you to indulge in dreamy moments on a carefully placed mokoro bench. Share stories over the flavours of delicious meals in the open sided dining room or give in to the romance of African nights spent around a roaring fire under starry skies in our open air boma.
The Okavango Delta and the areas surrounding &Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp are home to a large number of species, including a number of species adapted to the semi-aquatic lifestyle, such as the elegant red lechwe and shy sitatunga. Lion prides, cheetah, leopard and African wild dog are occasionally encountered, while families of hippo hide in the deeper channels and lagoons. The area supports the continent’s largest surviving concentration of elephant and buffalo, while roan and sable antelope are occasionally spotted in the open woodlands.
Although predominantly nocturnal and difficult to spot, leopards occur throughout the Okavango, particularly in dense riverine forest. Apart from the more commonly encountered predators, the Okavango is also a stronghold for the endangered African wild dog, although sightings of this rare animal are relatively uncommon. Exhibiting a fascinating social structure, wild dog live in packs led by dominant pairs, with a strict social hierarchy.
One of the most common antelope in the Okavango, the red lechwe is especially adapted for the swampy conditions. Its splayed, elongated hooves give it a sure footing in muddy conditions, allowing it to inhabit the outskirts of the permanent swamps.
With an incredible wealth of species, the Okavango is also a haven for birding enthusiasts. One of its most sought after species is the huge but elusive Pel’s fishing owl, which roosts in the densest evergreen thickets. A quintessential African sound, the haunting call of the fish eagle can often be heard echoing over the channels.
True African hospitality lies at the core of &Beyond's lodges and camps throughout the continent. The people of Africa, with their warm and welcoming nature and the ability to draw guests into their hearts, inspire, educate and enchant our guests every day.
A shared passion for creating extraordinary guest experiences unites all &Beyonders across Africa. For the staff members at &Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp, there is no better way to spend the day than in making our guests' safari dreams come true. Our chefs, butlers, housekeepers, security and workshop staff are trained with the same dedication as our field staff, but their pleasure in sharing your special moments is something that cannot be taught. They are the magic ingredient at &Beyond Xaranna and their commitment to creating moments that take our guests' breath away is genuine.
&Beyond is renowned for having some of the most highly trained, professional, passionate and knowledgeable guides and trackers on the continent. They have a passion for people and wildlife, ensuring unbeatable interpretive safari experiences.
Our guides at &Beyond Xaranna impart an incomparable wealth of knowledge, personally researched and experienced, about local habitats, ecology, birds, trees, plants, small animals and insects. Many of our guides and trackers belong to the surrounding communities and can share cultural information with our guests.
The Very Best training
&Beyond runs three full-time ranger training schools headed by professional ranger trainers in Africa. Each guide at &Beyond Xaranna undergoes a rigorous training course at one of these schools before joining the team. They then receive further on-site training and benefit immensely from their colleagues' ongoing mentorship. It is through their passion for what they do, and their desire to develop and learn that &Beyond's guides are among the finest in the world.
A Day At Xaranna
At &Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp, the days are designed to thrill you with intimate wildlife encounters and the nights to spoil you with the romance of Africa.
- Morning Game Drive - As dawn breaks over the African bush, a gentle tap on your door will wake you to the delights of a new day. Your guide will discuss what you hope to see that day over fragrant tea or coffee and morning biscuits or rusks. Explore the floodplains and grasslands of the Delta in search of the Big Five.
- Breakfast - Return to the camp for a delicious breakfast, with platters of fruit and cheese followed by a selection of hot breakfast dishes. Choose from eggs, oats, waffles or a number of other options.
- Lunch - If you wish, you can walk off your breakfast on a short walk near the camp, accompanied by your guide, who will share his insight into the smaller animals and vegetation in the area. Lunch is served in spacious guest areas with classic Delta views.
- Afternoon Tea - Cool off with a refreshing dip in the camp's pool or indulge in an afternoon siesta. Then enjoy a decadent tea before you embark on your afternoon adventure.
- Afternoon Boat Ride - Explore the crystal clear channels of the Delta on a mokoro or in a motorised boat. Dozens of bird species, frogs and other intimate details of the Delta lie waiting to be explored at eye level.
- Dinner - Return to the camp for a mouthwatering dinner under African skies.