Your journey at a glance
Soar over the magnificent expanse of Namibia on this captivating 10-day itinerary.
Explore startling Sossusvlei the world’s oldest living desert and enjoy thrilling desert activities, and the utter tranquility and extraordinary clarity of light that makes this area one of Africa’s most compelling landscapes. Fly to Swakopmund, a charming little seaside town that retains a strong German flavour – from the cobbled streets and picturesque buildings down to the typical German restaurants and pubs.
The next leg of your adventure takes you to Damaraland, one of the most scenic areas in Namibia, a huge, untamed, ruggedly beautiful region that offers the traveller courageous challenges. Visitors to Damaraland can view one of its more unusual habitats – the Petrified Forest, which dates back millions of years and offers a haunting landscape of gigantic fossilised trees. Your journey culminates in Onguma Game Reserve, located in the eastern region of Etosha National Park. Enjoy incredible wildlife viewing, with birders spoilt for choice with over 300 species.
Discover Ethosha National Park, consisting mostly of grassy plains fringing a huge salt pan hosting a vast array of animals and pink candyfloss coloured flamingo. This magical itinerary will leave you spellbound with the mesmerizing landscapes and intrepid activities and excursions
10 Days | From NAD 152,656
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Accommodation inclusions as per the itinerary
- All road transfers:
- Hosea Kutako International Airport to Windhoek Eros Airport
- Swakopmund Airport to Strand Hotel Swakopmund
- Strand Hotel Swakopmund to Swakopmund Airport
- All scheduled flights
- Windhoek Eros Airport to Sossusvlei Airport
- Sossusvlei Airport to Swakopmund Airport
- Swakopmund Airport to Damaraland Airport
- Damaraland Airport to Onguma Airstrip
- Onguma Airstrip to Hosea Kutako International Airport
- Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance
- Administration fee
What's not included
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Validity periods are as specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, ROE, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- There is an additional fee in rainy season for guests going to Onguma as they will be flying into Mokuti Airstrip, this applies between November and April
- The scheduled flights to/from Windhoek are based on Fairy Circle Taxi and Tiras Taxi which has the following conditions:
- Daily flight from Eros Airport in summer estimated departure is at 14h30, Check in at 14h00. Departure and Arrival times from Eros Airport are fixed, but Scenic Air may change the sequence of lodges around as per passenger bookings
- The Sossusvlei Taxi Departs in the morning, returning in the afternoon.
- The Etosha Taxi Departs in the morning, returning in the afternoon. It is not advisable that guests flying from Eros to Ongava/Onguma, arriving after 08h00 at Hosea Kutako and needing to be transferred to Eros, be booked on this service.
- It is advisable that guests flying from Ongava / Onguma to Windhoek International Airport do not connect onto International flights departing earlier than 17h15.
- andBeyond Trading Terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-3: Sossusvlei
- Upon arrival at Hosea Kutako International Airport you will be welcomed by an &Beyond representative and driven to Windhoek Eros Airport. (Approximately 45 minutes)
- You will be met at Windhoek Eros Airport for your scheduled Air charter flight to the Sossusvlei area. (Approximately 1 hour 15 minutes).
- Enjoy an exciting Balloon Safari at sunrise, in the world’s oldest desert. On landing, you come back to earth with an Out Of Africa style champagne breakfast set up in the middle of nowhere.
- Be enchanted by a star feast- each and every night – complete with resident astronomer, sophisticated on-site observatory, state-of-the-art telescope and a large stargazing skylight above your bed.
- Walk across ancient sands and climb the heights of ‘Long Dune’.
- Explore the lodge surrounds on foot and walk in the footsteps of desert-adapted wildlife. Take the time to sit in the stillness under a unique quiver tree and be enchanted by the views from atop the mountains.
- Take off on a scenic helicopter flight and from your birds-eye perspective, be captivated by rolling sand dunes, craggy mountain tops, solidified rock formations and enchanting fairy circles.
- Traverse the stark beauty on an e-bike. Easy to ride and super fun, these nifty bicycles are fitted with a battery-powered ‘assist’ that gives a boost via a throttle when pedalling.
- Be mesmerised on morning or late afternoon desert drives that continue after nightfall.
- Step back in time and bring to life the history of the area and its people. Strap on your walking shoes and roam back to the ancient San Bushmen era.
- Explore the unique landscape on this fascinating geological excursion, in a vehicle and on foot.
Day 4-5: Swakopmund
- You will be driven from Sossusvlei Airstrip in time for your scheduled charter flight to Swakopmund Airport.
- Upon arrival at Swakopmund Airport you will be welcomed by an &Beyond representative and driven with fellow guests to Strand Hotel Swakopmund. (Approximately 20 minutes).
- Swakopmund is a charming little seaside town on Namibia’s western coast retains a strong German flavour – from the cobbled streets and picturesque buildings down to the typical German restaurants and pubs.
- Enjoy a variety of recommended activities (additional cost) such as quad biking and historical and cultural tours.
Day 6-7: Twyfelfontein
- You will be collected from Strand Hotel Swakopmund and driven with fellow guests to Swakopmund Airport, in time to meet your departure arrangements. (Approximately 20 minutes).
- You will be met at Swakopmund Airport for your scheduled charter flight to (Damaraland Camp Airstrip) Twyfelfontein.
- The breathtaking mountain region of Damaraland is situated on the eastern side of the Skeleton Coast National Park and southwest of Etosha National Park. An assortment of desert-adapted wildlife such as elephant, rhino, zebra and lion live in this near-barren landscape
- A not-to-be-missed attraction is the picturesque Brandberg, Namibia’s highest mountain, which is home to thousands of ancient rock paintings, most notably The White Lady. Nearby the rocky outcrops of Twyfelfontein feature exceptional Bushmen engravings, which are considered to be some of the best-preserved etchings on the continent. Visitors to Damaraland can view one of its more unusual habitats – the Petrified Forest, which dates back millions of years and offers a haunting landscape of gigantic fossilised trees, some up to 30 metres (100ft) in length.
- Indulge in some stargazing in Namibia’s magnificent night skies while sitting out by the open campfire.
- Go in search of the exceptional desert adapted elephant on an early morning or afternoon game drive.
- Strap on your walking shoes for guided nature walks and discover the wonders of the environment and creatures great and small.
Day 8-9: Onguma Game Reserve
- You will be driven to Damaraland Camp Airstrip in time for your scheduled charter flight to Onguma.
- Set off on game drives that explore the Okaukuejo area of Etosha, keeping an eye out for lion, elephant, gemsbok, springbok, red hartebeest and both white and black rhino.
- Enjoy the freedom of night drives and bush walks in Onguma, where you can track wildlife on foot in the company of experienced guides.
- Or choose to spend the afternoon at a tranquil hide overlooking a waterhole and wait to see what wildlife sightings the day will bring.
Day 10: Departure
- Wave a fond farewell as you are driven from Onguma The Fort to Onguma Airstrip for your scheduled flight to Windhoek International in time for your onward arrangements.
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming