Ideal for honeymooners seeking a mix of adventure and romance
Enjoy the largest most luxurious honeymoon suites, with all the amenities
Track the famous leopards of the Sabi Sand, and other Big Five wildlife
EXPLORE THE BUSH AND IT'S FAUNA AND FLORA ON FOOT WITH AN EXPERIENCED GUIDE
A FULLY EQUIPPED PADI DIVE CENTRE OFFERS A FULL RANGE OF DIVING ADVENTURES
EXPLORE BENGUERRA ON A ROMANTIC DHOW CRUISE AT SUNSET
Your journey at a glance
Create new memories (and save) on this incredibly indulgent escape that boasts both romance and adventure, combining the Big Five and sandy lantern-lit beaches.
Explore one of South Africa’s most renowned game reserves and the sandy beaches of Mozambique’s Bazaruto Archipelago on this incredibly romantic honeymoon. Track the Big Five in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, a place of extraordinary adventure, where myriad possibilities create breath-taking thrills around every bend, while staying at the incredibly luxurious &Beyond Tengile River Lodge.
After your wildlife adventure, pamper yourself with some rest and relaxation in the tropical climate and sunshine of &Beyond Benguerra Island. Explore the warm waters and marvel at the marine life of the island’s coral reefs on scuba diving expeditions, enjoy the thrill of deep-sea fishing or simply explore the magical setting and soaring dunes of Benguerra.
This amazing itinerary includes a host of honeymoon surprises and special romantic touches that only &Beyond can bring. Additionally, this special honeymoon itinerary includes a saving of 50% on one partner’s accommodation. You just can’t beat that.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-3: Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- The Sabi Sand Game Reserve benefits from a great diversity of wildlife including, the Big Five as it neighbours and shares a 50 km (31mi) unfenced boundary with the Kruger National Park. World-renowned for its prolific leopard sightings, strict vehicle limits at sightings ensure the exclusivity of an up-close game viewing experience with game drives traversing an area of 10,500 hectares (26,000 acres).
- Spend the first three nights at the most luxurious lodge in the Sabi Sand, &Beyond Tengile River Lodge. This magnificent lodge features nine enormous, air-conditioned, secluded suites, each with panoramic river views. In addition to a master bedroom, bathroom and outdoor shower, there is a lounge, dining area, fully-stocked bar, coffee station and outdoor seating and dining area that guaranteed to take your breath away. A private lap pool on your spacious private deck comes complete with sunken outdoor lounge looking out onto the famed Sand River.
- With one of the richest game populations in the country, the chances of seeing the Big Five of lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and rhino are excellent. Set out in an open 4×4 safari vehicle in the company of a ranger and tracker team, and seek out wildlife roaming across the terrain.
- Choose from a variety of exciting activities such as twice-daily game drives and evening safaris, interpretive bush and nature walks, birdwatching, star gazing, private and photographic safaris.
Day 4-7: Benguerra Island
- Arrive in Vilanculos and board a helicopter to the secluded Benguerra Island.
- As the second largest island of the Bazaruto Archipelago, Benguerra offers exceptional opportunities to witness a slice of the very best of Mozambique’s exceptional marine life. (Approximately 10 minutes)
- Warm waters, pristine coral reefs teeming with marine life, idyllic beaches, inland freshwater lakes and towering sand dunes have shaped this adventure haven.
- The lodge lies sheltered within the canopy of an indigenous forest and swaying palm trees. The welcoming guest areas offer views of the lush tropical garden and the ocean beyond. Under the shade of straw covered wooden awnings, inviting comfortable loungers are set up around the lodge’s rim flow swimming pool. A colourfully decorated traditional wooden dhow has been converted into a picturesque beach bar, while the cool surrounds of the massage sala hold the promise of deep relaxation.
- Put your feet up at for your 4-night stay in a casinha with ensuite bathroom and outdoor shower.
- Choose to spend your day either scuba diving, snorkelling, on a castaway picnic, dhow cruise, island drive or a horse riding safari – all included during your stay.
- Activities offered at additional cost include fishing and helicopter sightseeing
*The below rate is calculated using the &Beyond Honeymoon offer
- Welcome and assistance at O.R Tambo International Airport and Vilanculos International Airport
- Road transfers:
- Skukuza Airport to &Beyond Tengile River Lodge and visa versa
- Scheduled flights:
- O.R Tambo International Airport to Skukuza Airport
- Skukuza Airport to Vilanculos International Airport via Nelspruit
- Vilanculos International Airport to O.R Tambo International Airport
- Helicopter flights:
- Vilanculos International Airport to &Beyond Benguerra Island and visa versa
- Accommodation as specified above
- Meals and beverages as specified above
- Park fees:
- Sabi Sand Conservation fee
- Sabi Sand Conservation Contribution fee
- Benguerra Island Conservation fee
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
What's not included
- Telephone calls
- Safari shop purchases
- items of a personal nature
- Champagne, cognac, fine wines, premium brand spirits and cigars
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- Above rate calculated on:
- Honeymoon offer
- This exclusive, year-round Safari Honeymoon Offer includes a 50% saving on one partner’s luxurious accommodation at a selection of &Beyond safari lodges for 6 months after the marriage date*
- *Due to the impact of COVID-19 travel restrictions, guests who were married between 01 Mar 2020 – 31 Dec 2021 now qualify for our honeymoon offer if they travel before 15 Dec 2022.
- May not be combined with other offers or long stay rates.
- Minimum 2 night stay
- Rates are quoted on a per person sharing basis.
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability.
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request.
- Flights between Nelspruit and Vilanculos only operate on a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Day 4 in the package cannot fall on a Tuesday or Saturday. Frequency is subject to change without prior notice.
- Flight rates are subject to change.
- Validity periods are as per the downloadable PDF; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services, the rand / dollar exchange rate or any other circumstances beyond our control in South Africa or Mozambique.
- Rates are subject to currency fluctuations.
- &Beyond trading terms apply.
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences to your itinerary
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming