A Sri Lanka and Maldives affair
Horathapola Estate, Kandy, Tea Country, Maldives
The perfectly idyllic, romantic and cultural getaway for couples
Your journey at a glance
Embark on a sensational journey to the teardrop-shaped island of Sri Lanka that lies in the Indian Ocean just off the southern tip of India. Explore this extraordinary country boasting a rich and diverse cultural heritage that dates back to over 2 000 years, with Buddhism playing an integral part in its legacy. Sublime destinations will capture your imagination with attractions such as the Temple of the Sacred Tooth, the Peradeniya Botanic Gardens, once reserved exclusively for Kandyan royalty, and Sri Lanka’s hill country, with its lush tea plantations, cascading waterfalls and mist-shrouded mountains. Your romantic getaway would not be complete without time spent on a pristine beach, where nature’s unparalleled beauty creates a mesmerising backdrop for your sublime relaxation. The Maldives is home to perhaps the best beaches in the world. You will find this whiter-than-white powder sand and luminous cyan-blue water almost nowhere else on earth. The intimate setting that the country provides for couples makes a Maldives honeymoon different from any other.
2 nights Horathapola Estate | 1 night Kandy | 3 nights Tea Country | 4 nights Maldives
Plan your journey
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
Day 1-2: Horathapola Estate
- Head to Horathapola Estate, a plantation bungalow hidden amidst the beautiful lush landscapes of rural Sri Lanka.
- Explore this fully functioning 50-acre organic coconut plantation, which dates back to the early 1900’s.
- This is an ideal place to start your journey and relax and unwind before you set out to explore the rest of the Island.
- Hop on a bicycle and go for a leisurely ride, passing temples, plantations and farmlands
- Stroll on a nature walk into the community to engage and interact with the friendly locals.
- Sit atop a bullock cart and traverse the lush expanse, and gain insight into how this organic plantation works.
- Visit the local ‘pola’, a bustling farmers-market selling delicious fresh produce.
- Explore an organic coconut oil manufacturing plant.
- If you are an avid birdwatcher, there is a diverse array of kaleidoscopic birdlife painting the sky above.
Day 2-3: Kandy
- Explore Kandy, the last capital of the ancient kings as well as the cultural hub of Sri Lanka
- Soak in the sights and exciting atmosphere of Kandy, hidden away at the very heart of the island.
- The city offers you a glimpse into its colonial past with its graceful architecture, whilst also being home to the unique and traditional Kandyan dance and music.
- Visit the Temple of the Sacred Relic Temple, the most revered site in Sri Lanka. While the tooth stays hidden within a gold casket, visitors and devotees always visit the temple during puja, the prayer session, just to glimpse the well-protected inner shrine where it is housed.
- Meander through the Peradeniya Royal Botanical Gardens, and discover a vibrantly colourful montage of over 4 000 different species of plants and flowers
Day 3-6: Hill Country
- Embark on a Ceylon Tea Trails Tea Experience with the resident planter, and discover the age-old tea making process.
- End off your tour sipping on delicious varieties and grades of delicious brews.
- Relish tea-infused cuisine, treat yourself to tea-based spa treatments and trek on tea-laden trails.
- Indulge in the ultimate relaxation in English gardens abundant with old-world charm.
- Take a leisurely wander through the beautiful Ceylon tea gardens.
- Embark on an adventure trek, a great way to delve into diverse terrain and colourful birdlife.
- Savour sweeping vistas of mountain lakes, doll’s house villages and enchanting misty forests.
- Make sure to spoil yourself with an afternoon high tea in flourishing, colourful gardens.
- Take the time to rest and relax in one of the luxurious bungalows, perfectly enveloped in warmth from a crackling wood fire, watching as the captivating mists rolls across the landscape.
Day 6-10: Maldives
- Experience an island paradise in a charming tropical setting with soft white sand and azure waters
- The ultimate destination to unwind with a delicious cocktail whilst lounging in a hammock
- Explore the vivid coral reefs on excellent snorkelling and scuba diving excursions.
- The surrounding waters boast 10 to 12 different species of whales and dolphins, offering excellent viewing opportunities.
- Revel in your romantic idyllic beach adventure, surrounded by turquoise waters
- Relax with your loved one or friends and dive into an array of water sports from diving to snorkelling to sunset cruise to surfing in the tranquil surrounds of the crystal clear lagoon.
- Unwind and discover a path of wellness at the spa with a range of treatments to soothe body and mind.
- Heighten your cultural knowledge and interact with them, stroll along the island streets with your guide, and delight in traditional snacks at a local café.
Day 11: Departure
Today, we wave a fond farewell as you enjoy your boat trip back to Malé Airport for your international flight onwards.
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences