Food and Wine
Your journey at a glance
Embark on a sensational journey to the teardrop-shaped island of Sri Lanka that lies in the Indian Ocean just off the southern tip of India.
Explore this extraordinary country boasting a rich and diverse cultural heritage that dates back to over 2 000 years, with Buddhism playing an integral part in its legacy. Sublime destinations will capture your imagination with attractions such as the Temple of the Sacred Tooth, the Peradeniya Botanic Gardens, once reserved exclusively for Kandyan royalty, and Sri Lanka’s hill country, with its lush tea plantations, cascading waterfalls and mist-shrouded mountains. Your romantic getaway would not be complete without time spent on a pristine beach, where nature’s unparalleled beauty creates a mesmerising backdrop for your sublime relaxation. The Maldives is home to perhaps the best beaches in the world. You will find this whiter-than-white powder sand and luminous cyan-blue water almost nowhere else on earth. The intimate setting that the country provides for couples makes a Maldives honeymoon different from any other.
11 Days | From USD 6,635
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
What's includedSRI LANKA
- Accommodation at the Hotels and as per the meal plans mentioned above.
- All transport services using 01 Air-conditioned Vehicle based on options provided.
- All sightseeing and related entrance charges as mentioned in the itinerary.
- We will be providing an English speaking Chauffeur Guide throughout the tour.
- Bottle water during sightseeing tours and long drives.
- All presently applicable government taxes.
- Ceylon Tea Trails All Inclusive Package Includes: Bed tea, full English or Sri Lankan breakfast, 3-course lunch or rice and curry (gourmet packed lunch if on excursion), traditional afternoon cream tea (scones, clotted cream; jams; cakes; sandwiches), pre-dinner cocktails, 4-course gourmet dinner, a selection of international wines, premium spirits & liqueurs, beer (Alcohol will not be served on Poya full moon days and other days prohibited by the Govt.), juice and soft drinks, tea & coffee, laundry, calls within Sri Lanka, the “Tea Experience” tea fields & factory tour with our planter/naturalist–in-residence & bungalow amenities including Wi-Fi.
- Accommodation in one Double room
- Includes Breakfast & Complimentary Upgrade from Half board
- Return airport transfers by a Shared Speed Boat.
- Bottle of Champagne
- Four pieces of Selected Chocolate
- Bed Decoration
- Honeymoon stay dates must fall within 12 months of the wedding
What's not includedSRI LANKA
- Sri Lankan Visa
- Lunch and Dinner unless stated otherwise
- Beverages, unless stated otherwise
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls etc.
- Any hotel early check ins or late check outs unless stated otherwise.
- Any Insurance
- International and domestic airfare unless stated otherwise.
- Tips to guides, airport and hotel porters and restaurants. (Tipping is expected!)
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under included price.
- Maldives Visa.
- Any International Airfare to Sri Lanka & from Maldives onwards.
- Alcoholic Drinks & Soft drinks & Beverages at all times even during meals.
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, phone calls etc.
- Cost of any activities in Maldives.
- Any meals other than those specified as above.
- Any Beverages (to be charged directly based on actual consumption).
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes.
- Any Insurance
- Validity periods are as specified in the downloadable PDF; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning, should there be any increases in Park Fees, Fuel, Sales Tax or VAT, third party services, or any other circumstances beyond our control in the regions featured in this quote/booking.
- All guests must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment.
- In order to comply with international insurance requirements all airline tickets must clearly show the passenger’s title, surname, name and initial (as indicated in their passport). As this applies to both scheduled and charter flights we would be grateful if you could provide us with this information at the time of confirmation.
- Your internal flights have been organized by us. While we take the maximum care to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for you &Beyond India Private Ltd. is not responsible for the fitness of the carriers or the safety standards of the carrier company.
- In order to comply with International Insurance requirements &Beyond India can only reserve seats, be it on a provisional or confirmed basis, on both domestic/scheduled or charter flights.
- Rates are subject to change
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
Day 1-2: Horathapola Estate
- Head to Horathapola Estate, a plantation bungalow hidden amidst the beautiful lush landscapes of rural Sri Lanka.
- Explore this fully functioning 50-acre organic coconut plantation, which dates back to the early 1900’s.
- This is an ideal place to start your journey and relax and unwind before you set out to explore the rest of the Island.
- Hop on a bicycle and go for a leisurely ride, passing temples, plantations and farmlands
- Stroll on a nature walk into the community to engage and interact with the friendly locals.
- Sit atop a bullock cart and traverse the lush expanse, and gain insight into how this organic plantation works.
- Visit the local ‘pola’, a bustling farmers-market selling delicious fresh produce.
- Explore an organic coconut oil manufacturing plant.
- If you are an avid birdwatcher, there is a diverse array of kaleidoscopic birdlife painting the sky above.
Day 2-3: Kandy
- Explore Kandy, the last capital of the ancient kings as well as the cultural hub of Sri Lanka
- Soak in the sights and exciting atmosphere of Kandy, hidden away at the very heart of the island.
- The city offers you a glimpse into its colonial past with its graceful architecture, whilst also being home to the unique and traditional Kandyan dance and music.
- Visit the Temple of the Sacred Relic Temple, the most revered site in Sri Lanka. While the tooth stays hidden within a gold casket, visitors and devotees always visit the temple during puja, the prayer session, just to glimpse the well-protected inner shrine where it is housed.
- Meander through the Peradeniya Royal Botanical Gardens, and discover a vibrantly colourful montage of over 4 000 different species of plants and flowers
Day 3-6: Hill Country
- Embark on a Ceylon Tea Trails Tea Experience with the resident planter, and discover the age-old tea making process.
- End off your tour sipping on delicious varieties and grades of delicious brews.
- Relish tea-infused cuisine, treat yourself to tea-based spa treatments and trek on tea-laden trails.
- Indulge in the ultimate relaxation in English gardens abundant with old-world charm.
- Take a leisurely wander through the beautiful Ceylon tea gardens.
- Embark on an adventure trek, a great way to delve into diverse terrain and colourful birdlife.
- Savour sweeping vistas of mountain lakes, doll’s house villages and enchanting misty forests.
- Make sure to spoil yourself with an afternoon high tea in flourishing, colourful gardens.
- Take the time to rest and relax in one of the luxurious bungalows, perfectly enveloped in warmth from a crackling wood fire, watching as the captivating mists rolls across the landscape.
Day 6-10: Maldives
- Experience an island paradise in a charming tropical setting with soft white sand and azure waters
- The ultimate destination to unwind with a delicious cocktail whilst lounging in a hammock
- Explore the vivid coral reefs on excellent snorkelling and scuba diving excursions.
- The surrounding waters boast 10 to 12 different species of whales and dolphins, offering excellent viewing opportunities.
- Revel in your romantic idyllic beach adventure, surrounded by turquoise waters
- Relax with your loved one or friends and dive into an array of water sports from diving to snorkelling to sunset cruise to surfing in the tranquil surrounds of the crystal clear lagoon.
- Unwind and discover a path of wellness at the spa with a range of treatments to soothe body and mind.
- Heighten your cultural knowledge and interact with them, stroll along the island streets with your guide, and delight in traditional snacks at a local café.
Day 11: Departure
Today, we wave a fond farewell as you enjoy your boat trip back to Malé Airport for your international flight onwards.