Your journey at a glance
Embark on a family adventure. A real-life ‘Lion King’ journey, filled with the captivating characters and expansive landscapes celebrated in Disney’s classic.
Your journey plays out against the boundless plains and rugged outcrops of East Africa’s legendary Masai Mara, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro Crater: a photographer’s dream of picture-perfect light, coloured by the unrivalled hues of African sunrises and sunsets. Children will love this engaging and interpretive journey, as they learn about the ‘Circle of Life’ as it plays out in the bush in this cycle that’s as old as our planet.
This is the animated world in all its cinematic glory, complete with warthogs, clans of hyena, wildebeest migration herds, warthogs, baboons, zebra, giraffe, elephant, red-billed hornbills (named Zazu of course) and, holding centre stage, Africa’s ever-magnificent wild lions.
What we love about this journey:
- It’s a double celebration. We’re paying tribute to Disney’s new Lion King, and to Disney’s #ProtectThePride campaign in support of the Lion Recovery Fund, a global organisation dedicated to the future of Africa’s wild lions. Since the release of the original Lion King, the African wild lion population has halved!
- It has heart. The Lion Recovery Fund will receive a donation for every ‘Kings of the Jungle’ traveller.
- It has purpose. Participative lion conservation experiences with KopeLion, a beneficiary of the Lion Recovery Fund, and ensure that the living ‘Lion King’ story is continued for our children’s children.
- It’s a stunner. A heady mix of remarkable locations, unforgettable sightings, world-class guiding and legendary hospitality
- Make the most of your adventure, book your own dedicated vehicle and private guide, speak to your &Beyond travel specialist for the related cost of this alternative
1 night Nairobi | 2 nights Masai Mara | 4 nights Serengeti | 2 nights Ngorongoro Crater