Food and wine
Your journey at a glance
Embark on a grand tour of South Africa, from the nation’s capital to its most famous game reserves and the magnificent city of Cape Town.
Set out in search of the Big Five in the greater Kruger National Park and benefit from the famous reserve’s wealth of wildlife. Track rarer wildlife like the elegant cheetah and endangered black rhino at &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve, set within easy reach of the Indian Ocean coastline and the famous Greater St Lucia Wetland Park, the reserve is known for its abundant wildlife, diversity of habitats and wide range of safari activities. Your holiday in South Africa ends at the southern tip of the continent, in picturesque Cape Town, where two oceans meet. Discover the views from magnificent Table Mountain, uncover the city’s colourful history and taste some of the world’s finest vintages in the scenic Winelands.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Johannesburg
- Upon arrival at OR Tambo International Airport, you will make your own way to the arrivals hall where you will be welcomed by a member from our &Beyond team.
- Stay at a Johannesburg Hotel, a comfortable hotel located within the vicinity of the bustling airport.
- Dinner can be enjoyed at an array of restaurants dotted around the hotel, whilst a cheery bar provides a relaxing setting for you to unwind with a few drinks.
Day 2-3: Greater Kruger National Park
- After a delicious breakfast you will be transfered from your hotel to OR Tambo International Airport for your flight to either Timbavati Private Nature Reserve or Ngala Private Game Reserve set inside the Kruger National Park.
- Embark on captivating game drives and bush walks, exploring the natural environment and seeking out the Big Five.
- Hone your skills on a photographic safari with a specialised guide, discover the art of tracking and sample wild fruit.
- At an additional cost, choose to experience the romance of Africa under a blanket of stars in the luxurious Ngala Treehouse
Day 4-5: Phinda Private Game Reserve
- You will be transferred to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (3 Hours).
- Connect with your domestic flight from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve.
- Immerse yourself in thrilling game drives and bush walks with expert rangers who will guide you through &Beyond Phinda’s seven unique habitats.
- Choose to go on private Specialist Safaris such as a birding, photographic, or walking safaris (available at an additional cost)
- Also at an additional cost, choose from a variety of experiences including a Zulu village tour, a Maputaland beach adventure, night turtle drives (seasonal), scuba safari, an ocean safari, or a pangolin conservation experience.
Day 6-7: Cape Town
- Connect with your domestic flight from &Beyond Private Game Reserve to Cape Town International Airport.
- Upon arrival at you will be warmly welcomed by a member from our &Beyond team who will drive you to your hotel.
- As you drive toward the city, your view from afar will be Table Mountain, one of the most spiritual places on earth, with its heart, two oceans and the beautiful city of Cape Town at its feet.
- Explore famous landmarks including Table Mountain, Robben Island and Cape Point.
- Discover the lush flora and fauna of Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens.
- Shop at the world renowned V&A Waterfront, the ideal spot for retail therapy, and relax on the glorious beaches along Cape Town’s sun-kissed coastline.
Day 8: Departure
- Wave a fond farewell as your getaway comes to an end.
- You will be collected and driven to Cape Town International Airport for your flight onward.
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming