Food and wine
Your journey at a glance
Epicureans, cultural and nature enthusiasts will fall in love with this 11-day India tour that travels through some of the country’s most vibrant destinations, in search of its mouth-watering menus and historical attractions.
This adventure includes explorations of Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and the Glenburn Tea Estate, just outside of picturesque Darjeeling.
Explore the bustling Chandni Chowk market to immerse yourself in its vibrant street food culture. Visit the Qutub Minar and Humayun’s Tomb, spend an evening at an award-winning eatery hosted by a culinary expert, take a private cooking class and master an authentic Hyderabadi dish, venture to awe-inspiring palaces, stop off at museums, hike through flourishing forests and learn about India’s fascinating tea heritage – the adventures are seemingly endless.
11 Days | From USD 8,688
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Accommodation on Twin Sharing Basis.
- Meals: 1 Lunch in Delhi; 1 Dinner at Bukhara; 1 Dinner at Gol Bungalow, Falak Numa Palace; 1 Tea at Mrs Vanita Pittie’s; 1 Dinner with a Cooking Demonstration at Mrs Mumtaz Khan’s House; 1 Dinner at Bomti’s; 1 Lunch at Oh! Calcutta; 1 Dinner at the Penthouse in Calcutta and all meals at Glenburn Estate.
- All transfers, sightseeing and overland trips by an air-conditioned Toyota Innova and a Scorpio Car at Glenburn.
- Entrance fee and services of a local English-speaking guide.
- All current taxes as on date.
- All Internal Regular flights in economy class subject to change at the time of issuing.
What's not included
- Any international airfare / airport taxes
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff
- Items of personal nature like tips , laundry, phone calls etc
- Any video / still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes
- Any insurance
- The rate is not valid from 21 December 2021 – 05 January 2022
- Hotel check-in 14h00 hours, check-out time 12h00 noon
- Rates subject to a minimum of 2 guests travelling
- Prices are subject to change as per change in government / hotel / airline policy without prior notice.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- In case of any currency fluctuations or amendment in local government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
- Until such time as confirmation of services is received from &Beyond India this is a quotation only and is subject to availability as no reservations have been made.
- Rates are subject to change
- &Beyond trading terms apply.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-2: Delhi
- Take a rickshaw ride through the Chandni Chowk, once the grandest of markets in India.
- Explore the Spice Market in Old Delhi which has been in operation since the 17th century.
- Visit the Jama Masjid, the principal mosque of the region, commisioned by Shah Jahan in 1644.
- Stop at Agrasen ki Baoli, an ancient ‘haunted’ stepwell which is a protected monument.
- Discover Rajpath, also known as the Kings Way, flanked on either side by ornamental ponds.
- Drive past Rashtrapati Bhawan (Presidential House) – the official residence of the President.
- Stop at the India Gate for photographs, the 42 metre stone arch.
- Visit Humayun’s Tomb, a complex of buildings that were built to house his body.
- End your day with a stop at the Qutub Minar, a 72.5-meter tower, the world’s tallest brick minaret.
Day 3-5: Hyderabad
- Embark on guided tours of the Falak Numa Palace as well as the Grand Chowmahalla Palace, rich in history.
- Walk through the beautiful Laad Bazaar, famous for its sparkling bangles of semi-precious stones, pearls, and jewellery.
- Stop at the spectacular Charminar Monument and visit the Salarjung Museum, the third largest museum in India. Here, you will have the opportunity to view the largest private collection of antiques in the world.
- Stop at the home of Mrs Vinita Pittie, an eccentric fashion designer, for a cup of tea and insightful conversation.
- Enjoy privately guided tours of the Golconda Fort, Qutb Shahi Tombs, Charminar and Mecca Masjid.
- Visit the home of Mrs Mumtaz Khan and immerse yourself in the authentic preparation of Hyderabadi Cuisine. Her home was once visited by young girls on the verge of matrimony, seeking her help in creating mouth-watering menus.
Day 6-7: Kolkata
- Set off on a magical sunset boat cruise on the River Hooghly, offering views of the happenings on the river’s ‘Ghats’.
- Enjoy a wonderful Bengali dinner at Bomti’s with a presentation on the Story of Tea and history of India.
- Embark on a tour of the city’s vibrant flower market, and synagogues, followed by a meal of delicious Kathi rolls.
- Enjoy a heritage walk through the Dalhousie Square, a World Heritage Site, enjoying the architecture and history of the city’s many unique and spectacular buildings.
- Take in the magnificent Victoria Memorial, followed by a stop at the Jaggu Bazaar and the Balaram Mallick sweet shop.
- Tuck into a delectable lunch at Oh! Calcutta, famous for its sensational fish curries, before embarking on an afternoon tour of north Kolkata. Your adventure includes visits to the Kumartuli, the Marble Palace and the Jain Temples.
Day 8-10: Darjeeling
- Take a scenic 4×4 nature drive and walk through the Simbong Forest to the River Rung Dung
- Brave the Manjitar Suspension Footbridge, about 200 feet across, and at least 100 feet above the river.
- Explore the local villages, stopping at the popular tea shops, visiting the local temples and shopping for crafts and antiques.
- Explore tea factories and learn about the process of tea production coupled with a few tea tasting sessions.
- Interact with the Glenburn tea pickers and learn how to pluck the “two leaves and a bud” used to produce the perfect cup.
- Enjoy the variety of birdlife, butterflies and flora that add to the diverse landscape that makes up a tea estate.
- Take a ride on the famous Darjeeling Hill Railway (now a World Heritage Site) through the local towns.
- Enjoy a delightful cooking class at the Glenburn Estate.
Day 11: Departure
Today, we wave a fond farewell as you are collected for your flight to Bagdogra Airport, where you will catch a flight to Delhi, for your onward flight home.
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming