Truly a once in a lifetime photographic and wildlife experience, &Beyond’s Snow Leopard Journeys offers an unmissable opportunity to meet Asia’s “mountain ghost” whilst travelling to a selection of India’s most iconic destinations. The Trans-Himalayan region of Ladakh, known as ‘Little Tibet’, has been hailed as one of the last frontiers for wildlife tourism. This incredible 13-day winter expedition meets the elements head-on, in an awe-inspiring landscape, in search of the elusive snow leopard.
Why &Beyond Snow Leopard Journeys?
- Guests can enjoy a unique 13 day / 12 night itinerary across Leh and Ulley in the Himalayan region of Ladakh
- Caters for a maximum of just 8 guests, which guarantees flexibility and exclusivity
- Led by one of the region’s most expert snow leopard guides who will also offer incredible insight on the region’s
fascinating cultural heritage
- Spend seven nights living with a Ladakhi family, understanding their unique culture and lifestyle
- In addition to searching for the majestic snow leopard, guests also have the opportunity to view other exceptional wildlife such as ibex, Tibetan antelope, blue sheep, shapo, marmot and Tibetan hare
- Exclusive set departures in 2017, 2018 and 2019:
- 2 – 14 December 2017
- 10 – 22 January 2018
- 06 – 18 March 2018
- 26 March – 7 April 2018
- 07 – 19 December 2018
- 11 – 23 January 2019
- 17 February – 1 March 2019
- 15 – 27 March 2019
- 05 – 17 April 2019
The region of Ladakh stretches along the northern border of India, covering the snow-capped peaks of the Himalaya Mountains. Boasting magnificent mountain panoramas as well as clear cobalt lakes, it is an area of stark natural beauty. Known as Little Tibet or the Roof of the World, Ladakh has its own fascinating culture and identity.
Special Access to Signature Experiences
This extraordinary set departure tour caters for intimate groups, and offers special access to a series of unique experiences that are exclusive to &Beyond Asia guests. In addition to tracking the elusive ghost of the mountain, a series of other unique experiences await you.
Private Guides – In Our Hands from Beginning to End
From the moment guests touch down in India, to the moment they leave, &Beyond will be at their side throughout their adventure. Our wealth of expertise found in our private and specialist guides, ground logistics teams and over 2000 &Beyonders means that guests will experience a journey unlike any other!