Your journey at a glance
Truly a once-in-a-lifetime photographic and wildlife experience, &Beyond’s Snow Leopard Journey offers an unmissable opportunity to meet Asia’s “mountain ghost” whilst travelling to a selection of India’s most iconic destinations. The Trans-Himalayan region of Ladakh, known as ‘Little Tibet’, has been hailed as one of the last frontiers for wildlife tourism. This incredible 12-day winter expedition meets the elements head-on, in an awe-inspiring landscape in the Himalayan region of Ladakh, in search of the elusive snow leopard and other incredible Himalayan wildlife.
1 night Delhi | 2 nights Leh | 7 nights Ulley | 1 night Leh
What we love about this journey:
- Caters for a maximum of just 8 guests, which guarantees flexibility and exclusivity.
- Led by an expert snow leopard guide who offers incredible insight into the region’s cultural heritage and wildlife.
- Set out in search of the elusive snow leopard, and explore three valleys, which are also home to other unique wildlife including ibex, Tibetan antelope, blue sheep, shapo, marmot, pika and the Tibetan hare.
- Visit the Snow Leopard Conservancy and learn about the efforts made by the local authorities, and community, to conserve this endangered species.
- Spend seven nights living with a Ladakhi family, understanding their unique lifestyle.
- Explore the Thiksey monastery, the most beautifully situated monastery in Ladakh, perched high on a hill above the Indus River.
- Venture out on foot, and by 4×4 vehicle, and gain insight into the region’s fascinating folklore, customs and traditions.
- Travel to the ancient Alchi Gompa monastery, located on the south bank of the Indus River.
- Includes a USD 200 donation per guest to the Snow Leopard Conservancy in Leh.