Your journey at a glance
Savour a kaleidoscopic sensory immersion in awe-inspiring India, a destination that will stir the very base of your soul. On this 9 day / 8 night journey, you’ll be fully absorbed in India’s intoxicating colours, bustling bazaars, vibrant cultures and delightful cacophony of sounds. Explore monuments, museums and marketplaces, from the unforgettable Taj Mahal, the world’s most famous tribute to love, an opulent Golden Temple, countless holy shrines, and vast rural lush farmland, with vibrantly sari, draped women, exquisitely embellished threading through the vivid terrain, a sensory overload, India will carve a deep, lasting impression.
3 nights Delhi | 3 nights Amritsar | 2 nights Agra
What we love about this journey:
- Get whisked away on a delicious journey of flavours through India
- Relish a Michelin star chef’s tasting menu at Omya Restaurant at the Oberoi New Delhi
- Indulge in a magnificently sumptuous high-tea at an ornate Haveli in the old Delhi market
- Create a gastronomic feast in a local’s home with fragrant spices and colourful vegetables
- Explore Old Delhi, steeped in heritage and fascinating history
- Visit the holiest shrine of the Sikh community, the ‘Golden Temple’ in Amritsar
- Explore a Punjabiyat farm, and learn about local crops from friendly farmers
- Tuck into delicious street food as you meander through the streets of Amritsar
- Marvel at the Taj Mahal in Agra, one of the most beautiful buildings in the world
- Delight in a romantic candle-lit dinner with the Taj Mahal as your backdrop
- Discover the fascinating history of the Mughals as you explore the impressive Agra Fort
- Pamper yourself with a tranquil couple’s massage, using Balinese massage techniques
- The option to extend your journey to Ranthambore National Park or Jaipur
7 – 19 March 2020 | 9 Days
USD 5,620 per person
- Accommodation on Bed & Breakfast basis with bottled water and soft drinks at the Hotels mentioned above.
- For 02 Guests: – All transport services using a chauffeur-driven Air-conditioned Toyota Innova (Latest Model)
- For 04 – 06 Guests: – All transport services using a chauffeur-driven Air-conditioned Tempo Traveler (Latest Model / Mini Van)
- For 08 – 12 Guests : -All transport services using a chauffeur-driven Air-conditioned Mini Coach (Latest Model).
- For 12- 15 Guests: All transport services using a chauffeur-driven Air-conditioned Mini Coach (Latest Model)
- For 02 – 04 Guests, we will be providing excellent English speaking local guide for sightseeing as per the itinerary in each City.
- For 05 guests onwards till 15, we will be providing an excellent accompanying English speaking guide / Tour Leader for sightseeing as per the itinerary in each City.
- Soft drinks & domestic bottled water during sightseeing tour and long drives
- Entrance, still & video camera fee at all monuments as applicable
- Airfare in Economy class for sector Delhi – Amritsar – Delhi Baggage Allowance 15 Kgs per passenger. Above 15 kilograms, We can pre-purchase excess baggage
- Porterage at all the hotels / airport
- All presently applicable government taxes
- Chef Tasting Lunch at The Oberoi New Delhi with domestic bottled water and soft drinks,
- Exclusive Balcony Dinner at Oberoi Amarvilas – Agra
- Dinner at an Indian house in Delhi
- Farm Lunch at Punjabiyat in Amritsar Table d’hôte with domestic bottled water and soft drinks, on November 20’2018.
- VIP meet and assistance upon arrival at Delhi Airport
- Meeting a Michelin chef at Hotel The Oberoi (subject to availability)
- Street food tour in Delhi
- High – Tea at Dharampura Haveli in Delhi
- Cooking Demo followed by Dinner with an Indian family
- Visit of Golden Temple to see the community kitchen, which serves food to one hundred thousand people a day
- Visit a farm in Amritsar followed by tractor rides or a visit to a local School
- A traditional Punjabi dress.
- Exclusive private dinner at the Oberoi Amarvilas with the Taj Mahal as a backdrop.
- 60 minutes Balinese Massage Treatment
What's not included
- Any International Airfare / Airport taxes
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Items of personal nature like tips , laundry, phone calls etc
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes.
- Any Insurance
- Single Room Supplement – USD 2233 per single room
- Hotel Check-In 14:00 hours, Check-out time 12:00 Noon
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above-mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- In case of any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
What to expect…
Day 1-4: Delhi
- Listen to a mouth-watering talk on traditional Indian cuisine
- A fascinating history awaits you here, exploring New Delhi, a modern vibrant metropolitan city with crumbling, ancient buildings juxtaposed with gleaming stylish architectural wonders.
- Take a rickshaw ride through the Chandni Chowk, once the grandest of markets in India.
- Explore the Spice Market in Old Delhi with a food expert
- Visit the Jama Masjid, the principal mosque of the region, commisioned by Shah Jahan in 1644 and then delight in high-tea at the historic Haveli Dharampura.
- Tour Imperial Delhi starting with a discovery of the Rashtrapati Bhawan, and marvel at the impressive residence of the President of India, continue to India’s gate and Rajpath, the King’s Way.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch prepared by the hand of a Michelin starred chef.
- Explore the Agrasen ki Baoli, a protected monument with great depths and incredible serenity.
- Stop off at the Qutub Minar, a 72.5-meter tower, the world’s tallest brick minaret.
- Stop at the India Gate for photographs, the 42 metre stone arch.
- Visit Humayun’s Tomb, a complex of buildings that were built to house his body.
- Visit a local market for aromatic spices and colourful vegetables, followed by a hands-on cooking class, and a delicious meal enjoyed in a local’s home.
Day 4-7: Amritsar
- Have the opportunity to observe the “Changing of Guard” ceremony at the Wagah Border.
- Enjoy an authentic Punjabi thali dinner at the hotel that comprises of a number of components including the famous ‘kulcha’ – a light and fluffy Indian bread that is well known to this region.
- Visit the Golden Temple to observe the Palki Sahib ceremony, an incredibly spiritual event.
- Enjoy a full day excursion to a Punjabiyat farm for a rural Punjab experience and a traditional Bhangra dance troupe
- Relax and explore the farm area, visit the nearby village dairy, the local village school, enjoy a bullock cart or tractor ride, cycle around the rural landscape, and experience Punjab at its purest.
- Engage with the locals and participate in farm activities where you can help the farmers in their fields, discover local crops and how they are cultivated, and visit a local mandi.
- Savour incredibly tasty traditional cuisine, all under the shade of an enormous leafy tree.
- Visit a community kitchen at the Golden Temple, where it is considered a privilege to assist in cooking the food and serving a simple meal to pilgrims and visitors.
- Embark on a heritage walk in the city and a visit to the Partition Museum.
- Visit an array of streets deliciously known for their enticing food that spans many generations.
- Visit traditional food stalls that developed in the folds of the culture of Amritsar.
- Sample traditional India fare – paratha’s, samosas, kachori, kulfi, lassi and jalebi.
Day 7-9: Agra
- Spend the day indulging at the rejuvenating spa, dipping into the cobalt blue swimming pool, and relaxing in the colourful terraced garden at the Oberoi Amarvilas.
- Unwind and explore your beautiful retreat, before freshening up for a romantic sunset exploration of the iconic Taj Mahal.
- Said to be one of the most elegant and a harmonious building in the world, the Taj Mahal is the manifestation of the wealth and luxury of Mughal art as seen in its architecture, garden design, painting, and calligraphy.
- This evening enjoy a romantic candle-lit balcony dinner with the spectacular Taj Mahal as your idyllic backdrop.
- Pay homage to love at the captivating Taj Mahal, a gift of love from Emperor Shah Jahan to his cherished wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
- Explore the interesting Mughal architecture of Agra Fort, the stronghold of the Mughal Empire.
- Enjoy a spa treatment and sink into the ultimate relaxation with a Balinese deep pressure massage.
- Appreciate the end of your day with a visit to the Taj Mahal at sunset, and capture the breath-taking beauty as the golden sunset illuminates the intricate white marble.
Day 9: Departure
Today, after a leisurely breakfast at the hotel, you will be collected for your flight to Delhi. On arrival in Delhi you will be assisted to check-in for your international flight onwards.