The spirit of Chamba Camp
Be part of the region’s unique rituals; enjoy the ancient sport of Polo, brought to Ladakh in the 17th century by the Royals. Try your hand at archery set amidst the most dramatic and breathtaking landscape. Raft on the gentle Indus River, stopping for a delicious picnic lunch at a most picturesque spot along the banks. Experience Ladakh in all its splendour at the Chamba Camp, Thiksey brought to you by ‘The Ultimate Travelling Camp’.
A land of varying landscapes, from white deserts to blue lakes, ice-capped mountains to lush valleys, Ladakh, like a dream captured in a snow globe, is a wildly beautiful milieu set between the Kunlun Mountains and the Himalayas. Located in a valley just north of the Indus River is Leh, the capital of Ladakh, a region often referred to as ‘Little Tibet’. The century’s old culture of this picturesque capital city finds expression in its monuments, monasteries, oral literature, art forms, fairs and festivals.
What we love about Chamba Camp
- Witness the traditional fanfare of a Ladakhi Polo match.
- Join the monks for a magical early morning prayer ceremony at Thiksey Monastery
- Indulge in a picnic lunch in a picturesque setting
- Drive through the other-worldly landscape to the fabled Alchi Monastery
- Watch a colourful sunset from Shanti Stupa overlooking the Old City of Leh