You’re on a safari night drive. The sun has set and the darkness around you is alive with night calls. There’s an impala call. Something is on the hunt…
Your Night Eye Experience
How amazing would it be if you could see in the dark and watch everything play out, completely naturally, right in front of you, without intruding in any way? Well, now you can.
This experience includes a dedicated vehicle, guide, tracker and specialist cameraman. The vehicle will be set up with three screen monitors so that everyone has a clear view of the action: one will be mounted on the dashboard for those in the first row of seats, with the others for guests in the second and third rows. High definition infrared cameras are used, providing not only excellent visuals on your drive, but also high-quality video footage of your night-eye experience for you to take home, as a memento of your safari.
Read about Claire Trickett’s recent Night Eye Experience
- This experience is currently only available at &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve
- Due to high demand, pre-booking is recommended
- A group of up to 8 guests per vehicle can be accommodated
- May be purchased in-lodge (subject to availability) for a collection of guests who are not travelling together, but who have agreed to split the cost
- Also available for those guests who have pre-booked a private vehicle for all their game drives (subject to availability of Night Eye cameraman)
- &Beyond Night Eye video footage (2-3 minutes) of your experience (with no narration) is available digitally for each guest to take home
Additional options from the Night Eye crew:
- A personal and professional video (no narration) of your morning drive
- A personal and professional video of your pre-booked Phinda Conservation Experience, with narration by the videographer, and interpretive comments by our conservation team