Phinda Private Game Reserve
Set within easy reach of the Indian Ocean coastline and the famous iSimangaliso / Greater St Lucia Wetland Park in northern KwaZulu-Natal, &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve is known for its abundant wildlife, diversity of habitats and wide range of safari activities.
Thanks to its coastal rainfall pattern, &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve enjoys a lush green environment that contains seven distinct ecosystems. &Beyond Phinda is often referred to as ‘Seven Worlds of Wonder.’ This fascinating variety of landscape and vegetation shelters an abundance of wildlife, including not only the Big Five but many rarer and less easily spotted species, such as the elusive cheetah or the scarce black rhino.
With only a handful of lodges sharing an area of 23 000 hectares, and expert rangers and trackers in search of prime wildlife sightings, guests are assured an exclusive game viewing experience. Adding to Phinda’s wildlife charms, the marine diversity of nearby Sodwana Bay on the coast is easily accessible, with scuba diving, fishing and even turtle watching only some of the adventures available from &Beyond Phinda.
- Abundant wildlife, including Africa's famous Big Five
- Provides a sanctuary for threatened wildlife, such as cheetah and black rhino
- A birder's paradise, with 415 bird species
- Near to the popular breeding grounds of the highly endangered sea turtles
- Spectacular coral reef diving in the Indian Ocean easily accessible nearby
- Seven distinct habitats allow for much greater diversity in species and landscapes
Min 24°C/75°F Max 32°C/90°F
Min 8°C/46°F Max 23°C/73°F
- Best time to travelYear round. Lush and hot in summer, with an abundance of young animals. The vegetation becomes thinner in the dry winter months and the cooler temperatures allow for the best all-round game viewing.
- Traveling with Children&Beyond's WILDchild programme brings the wonder of Africa alive for children as young as six. Supervised by expertly trained rangers, each day is packed full of exciting activities that highlight the wonders of each safari destination.
- WildlifeExcellent Big Five game viewing, with spectacular sightings of the elusive cheetah and the rare black rhino.
- LanguagesEnglish is widely spoken throughout the country even though South Africa has eleven official languages - Afrikaans, English, Zulu, Xhosa, Swati, Sotho, Tsonga, Tswana, Venda, Northern Sotho and Southern Ndebele
- Flying to Phinda Private Game ReserveScheduled flights are available directly from Johannesburg to Phinda on some days of the week. Scheduled domestic flights are available from Johannesburg to Durban International Airport or Richards Bay Airport. Self-drive is possible from Johannesburg or Durban.
- CurrencySouth African Rand. Credit cards are also widely accepted.
Enhance Your Experience With
- A Night Under the Skies
- Turtle Nesting Adventure
- Black Rhino Tracking on Foot
- Ocean Safari
- Maputaland Beach Adventure
- Indian Ocean Scuba Safari
- Zulu Village Tour
The world-famous Kruger National Park is South Africa’s largest game reserve and one of the finest wildlife sanctuaries on the planet.
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is situated in the southwestern corner of the world-famous Kruger National Park and is world renowned.
Ready to start planning your adventure?