Kruger National Park
The world-famous Kruger National Park is South Africa’s largest game reserve and one of the finest wildlife sanctuaries on the planet.
The Kruger National Park has nearly two million hectares of unfenced African wilderness, in which more mammal species roam free than in any other game reserve. A leader in environmental management, the Kruger National Park offers visitors fantastic Big Five sightings, as well as viewing of endangered game such as the African wild dog and birdwatching of over 507 bird species.
Within the Kruger National Park lies &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve, the first private game reserve to be incorporated into this famous park and bordering the Kruger are other renowned private reserves such as the Sabi Sands and the Timbavati Game Reserve. The Kruger National Park is easily accessible via Johannesburg (only a four-hour drive away) and is near to scenic towns such as Graskop, White River and Pilgrims rest.
Why Visit Kruger National Park
- The Kruger National Park supports large prides of lions and also leopard, cheetah and wild dog.
- Follow nocturnal wildlife on exhilarating spot lit night drives.
- Big Five game reserve known for huge breeding herds of elephants, large concentrations of lion, wild dog, leopard and large buffalo herds.
- Walking safaris and bush walks provide a close-up view of the African bush.
- A superb birding destination with regular sightings of several species including the striking lilac-breasted roller and the majestic fish eagle.
Min 24°C/75°F Max 32°C/90°F
Min 8°C/46°F Max 23°C/73°F
Rainfall varies by region
- Best time to travelYear round. The hot, lush summer is perfect for baby animals and birds, while in winter the cooler days and cold nights thin the bush for all-round game viewing.
- Traveling with ChildrenKruger National Park is an ideal destination to visit as a family.
- Flying to Kruger National ParkScheduled flights link Johannesburg and Cape Town to the Kruger National Park. Scheduled charterd flights are available daily. Selfdrive is easy from Johannesburg to the Kruger National Park.
- LanguagesEnglish is widely spoken throughout the country even though South Africa has eleven official languages - Afrikaans, English, Zulu, Xhosa, Swati, Sotho, Tsonga, Tswana, Venda, Northern Sotho and Southern Ndebele
- CurrencySouth African Rand. Credit cards are also widely accepted.
- WildlifeAbundant species diversity includes elephant, spotted hyena, leopard, large buffalo herds, rhino, hippo and the rare pangolin.
This luxury beach and adventure holiday will take you to South Africa's beautiful Cape Town, the Winelands and the Cape Whale Coast.
Combine a beach holiday with a luxury African safari to two Big Five game reserves before ending in vibrant Cape Town - perfect as a family holiday.
This African safari travels in search of the elusive big cats from the renowned Kruger National Park to the andBeyond Phinda Private Game Reserve.
This spectacular African safari offers complimentary internal flights if you stay for 3 nights at andBeyond Phinda Mountain or Forest Lodge.
Enhance your experience with
- Walking safaris
- Photographic safaris
- Specialist safaris
Ready to start planning your adventure?
&Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve is situated in subtropical northern KwaZulu-Natal, with close proximity to the warm Indian Ocean.
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is situated in the southwestern corner of the world-famous Kruger National Park and is world renowned.