Africa and Beyond by Private Jet
The wonders of Africa await you on this 19-day Private Jet Expedition. Travel in absolute exclusivity to six of the continent’s most prized destinations.
- Strap on your hiking boots for a once-in-a-lifetime private gorilla trekking experience and enjoy an afternoon gorilla photographic tutorial.
- A full-day safari in Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park will be hosted by Jonathan Scott, the award-winning presenter of the popular BBC documentary Big Cat Diaries.
- Set off at first light for an unforgettable private hot air balloon adventure over the Serengeti followed by a delicious champagne breakfast.
- Toast another magical day in Africa with refreshing sundowners, in the company of enchanting Maasai warriors on the Ngorongoro Crater rim in Tanzania.
- Enjoy a full-day game drive and private banquet lunch on the Crater floor.
- Embark on a community visit in the company of Joss Kent. This tour will highlight the integral partnership between &Beyond and its community development partner, Africa Foundation.
- At &Beyond Matetsi River Lodge, near Victoria Falls, master storyteller Chris Worden will entertain you on a private tour of the Falls and on a stargazing expedition.
- In Botswana, gain first-hand knowledge of &Beyond’s ground-breaking Rhinos Without Borders initiative by tracking rhino via helicopter. This incredible experience showcases the results of the rhino translocation and is hosted by Les Carlisle, &Beyond’s Group Conservation Manager and Joss Kent, &Beyond’s CEO.
- In South Africa, learn more about the rhino capture phase of the Rhinos Without Borders initiative and participate in an exclusive rhino notching experience, hosted by &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve’s Conservation Manager, Simon Naylor, and Joss Kent, &Beyond’s CEO.
- Moving on to beautiful Cape Town, discover the historical significance of Robben Island on a tour hosted by Ahmed Kathrada, a South African politician, former political prisoner and anti-apartheid activist.
- Embark on an adrenaline-pumping shark cage diving experience with renowned marine conservationist and great white shark expert, Chris Fallows, who first documented the breaching behaviour made famous in the Air Jaws documentaries.
Expect the Extraordinary
- Travel SeasonSeptember and October 2017
- Travelling with ChildrenSmall groups or families with children aged 16 and older
- Duration18 nights / 19 days
- AircraftEmbraer 145 (or similar)
- Private GuidesDaryl Dell & Grant Telfer
- CapacityMaximum 12 guests
Where to Stay
The elegant Giraffe Manor is famous for its resident herd of giraffe that casually wander around the spectacular grounds.
Set on a stunning hillside, the magnificent Virunga Safari Lodge boasts panoramic vistas of the Virunga Volcanoes and the beautiful lakes of Ruhondo.
Serengeti National Park
Experience a classic Tanzanian safari in spectacular solitude and soothing comfort - with only the canvas walls of your tent separating you from the wonder of the Serengeti.
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Perched on the edge of the Crater itself, this award-winning lodge is steeped in romance. Each stilted, handcrafted banana thatch suite is adorned with graceful antiques and unforgettable opulence.
Just 40 kilometres above the Victoria Falls, Matetsi Private Game Reserve offers 27 kilometres (17 miles) of private Zambezi River frontage and showcases over 50 000 hectares (123 500 acres) of pristine wilderness. The reserve is home to the exclusive &Beyond Matetsi River Lodge and &Beyond Matetsi River House, a private sole-use villa.
Indulge in the quintessential Delta experience &Beyond Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge, a romantic and ethereal camp and enjoy the luxury of spectacular Okavango views, private plunge pools and cosy fireplaces.
&Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve
At &Beyond Phinda Vlei Lodge simply spending time in your spacious suite is like being on safari. With each suite carefully positioned for a prime view of the animals coming out to drink and panoramic vistas from even your shower or bathtub, the game viewing never stops!
A spectacular hotel at the heart of the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.