Your journey at a glance
Immerse yourself in this captivating 13-day exclusive private journey that has been designed to showcase the best of three singular destinations.
This itinerary is tailor-made with exclusivity in mind and features private charters, unique experiences, and private, sole-use accommodation. Explore the landscapes and Big-Five magic of &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve; discover the rare and extraordinary wildlife offerings of the green Kalahari, and revel in vibrant, cosmopolitan, breathtakingly gorgeous Cape Town.
Exclusively curated for private groups of up to eight friends or family members, stay in bespoke accommodation, complete with dedicated in-house and guiding staff, as you explore spectacular landscapes, witness unforgettable wildlife experiences, and absorb the splendour of Cape Town, one of the world’s most beautiful cities. Your journey begins at &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve, renowned for some of the continent’s finest game viewing experiences, 436 bird species, and for its profound wide-ranging conservation initiatives.
The next leg of your adventure takes you to Tswalu Kalahari, South Africa’s largest private game reserve. With a vision to ‘restore the Kalahari to itself,’ protection and conservation of this magnificent arid savannah and its endemic wildlife is paramount. This is a place of unique safari experiences set against broad expanses of pristine grasslands, dunes, and mountains.
From these surrounds, you’ll travel to the ‘Mother City’ of Cape Town: a city of picture-book natural beauty from the heights of Table Mountain, to the shores of the Indian and Atlantic Ocean coastlines, and nearby mountain and vineyard vistas. It is also home to Ellerman House, Cape Town’s most exclusive address with unrivalled ocean views and an art collection like no other.
13 Days | From ZAR 261,330
Please keep in mind that his tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Accommodation as specified in the downloadable PDF
- Meals, drinks and laundry as specified
- Scheduled flights/Private charters as specified in the downloadable PDF
- Private transfers as specified in the downloadable PDF
- Private sightseeing and excursions as specified in the downloadable PDF
- Private game viewing activities as specified in the downloadable PDF - two private vehicles whilst at andBeyond Phinda Homestead as well as at Tswalu Tarkuni
- National parks, concession and landing fees where applicable
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Domestic/international departure tax, fuel and safety levies from airports and airstrips unless otherwise stipulated
- Administration Fee
What's not included
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- Services subject to availability at the time of booking request
- The cost of the itinerary is based on 8 adults travelling together. We reserve the right to re-quote should these details differ
- Validity periods are as specified as per the downloadable PDF - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- Optional activities are not included in the price
- Luggage limit: 15 kg per person in soft-sided bags, plus one hand luggage piece under 5 kg (due to the private charter flights)
- Rates are subject to change.
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: &Beyond Private Game Reserve, KwaZulu-Natal
- Arrive in Johannesburg and hop on your private charter flight to Phinda Private Game Reserve
- &Beyond Phinda Homestead awaits – your ultra-spacious sole-use villa, with a dedicated staff complement of butler, chef, ranger, tracker team and private game vehicle.
- Accommodation includes four large and luxurious suites and ensuite bathrooms with a separate WC, twin hand basins, bath, indoor and al fresco showers.
- Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits, beers, teas, coffee, refreshments on game drives, laundry, safari activities, private vehicle, a one-hour nature walk, emergency medical evacuation insurance, and transfers to and from the airstrip.
Day 2-4: &Beyond Private Game Reserve, KwaZulu-Natal
- Staying at &Beyond Phinda Homestead means you can completely tailormake your days’ activities best suited to your group. Make yourself completely at home, enjoying the different spaces the lodge has to offer.
- Enjoy exciting day and night game drives and interpretative walking safaris or have a run in your personal gym or lounge at your private villa pool.
- Be captivated with incredible days filled with exciting activities, some of which are at an additional cost. A range of &Beyond Phinda Adventures options includes black rhino tracking on foot, a Zulu Village Tour, spending a night under the stars or turtle nesting trips (in season).
- Or choose to strap on your walking shoes for a Specialist Walking Safari or if booked ahead, experience a life-changing elephant or rhino conservation activity.
Day 5: Tswalu Kalahari Game Reserve, Northern Cape
- After your morning game drive and breakfast, transfer to Phinda Airstrip for your Fireblade Aviation private charter flight to Tswalu Airstrip.
- Once the Oppenheimer family home, the private homestead of Tswalu Tarkuni is for your exclusive use.
- Your stay includes all meals, a private guide, vehicle and tracker, walking safaris led by experienced field guides and trackers, horseback rides, all beverages, a wide choice of award-winning wines, in-suite tea and coffee facilities, in-suite private bar and gourmet pantry, laundry and valet services, WI-FI, children’s junior ranger programme, babysitting and national telephone calls.
Day 6-8: Tswalu Kalahari Game Reserve, Northern Cape
- Spend the next few days exploring the magnificent Kalahari with a variety of activities on option
- Game drives at Tswalu will be completely tailored with no set routes or times
- Discover many rare and endangered species, including black-maned lions, African wild dogs, aardvark and pangolin.
- Tswalu is also home to over 77 species of mammals, 240 species of birds, 42 species of reptiles and 4 species of amphibians
- Optional activities include horseback riding, walking safaris and even the chance to sleep out under the stars
Day 9: Cape Town
- After your last morning at the lodge, head to Cape Town on your scheduled charter flight.
- Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport, you will be welcomed by a member from our andBeyond team who will drive you to Ellerman House, with breathtaking Atlantic Ocean outlooks.
- As you drive toward the city, your view from afar will be of Table Mountain, with the beautiful city of Cape Town, and two great oceans at its feet.
- Relax during your four-night stay at Ellerman House in the ocean-facing expanse of Ellerman House Villa One, complete with five luxurious ensuite bedrooms, and exclusive use of the spa.
- Your stay includes airport and other transfers to and from Cape Town locations, breakfast, laundry, beverages inclusive of spirits and beer (but excluding wines and champagne), a fully stocked in-room bar with luxury brands, a 24-hour guest pantry providing a wide selection of snacks and in-between meal options, daily sunset cocktails and canapés, uncapped WI-FI, access to the fitness centre, all spa treatments (excluding products) as well as exclusive use of the main spa area, steam room, sauna and double treatment room.
Day 10-12: Cape Town
- Enjoy a full-day tour taking in the scenic highlights of the Cape Peninsula, beginning with the four secluded beaches of Clifton, as well as the sidewalk cafés and bars of trendy Camps Bay.
- The next stop is the spectacular coastal suburb of Hout Bay, a former fishing village, featuring a long, sandy beach facing a bay framed by the mountains. Explore the restaurants, shops and markets of Mariners Wharf, a harbour-front emporium with a maritime ambience.
- The tour will continue along the breath-taking Chapmans Peak Drive (providing this route is open) before heading to the Cape of Good Hope headland to explore the highlights of this nature reserve, see the Diaz Cross navigational aids, and perhaps enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
- From here you will travel to Simons Town, famous for its naval military base, and then visit the charming penguin colony at Boulders Beach.
- The tour ends with a walk through the beautiful Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, set against the eastern slopes of the ever-present Table Mountain.
Day 11: Cape Town
- Indulge in a full-day exploration of the Cape’s spectacular Winelands.
- The estates visited will vary according to your wine preferences, but will include the region’s major wine producing areas, and visits to some picturesque wine estates for tastings of high-quality vintages.
- Nestled in a valley where the French Huguenots settled in 1688, Franschhoek is a delight for antique lovers and gastronomes (the town boasts some world-famous eateries).
- South Africa’s second-oldest town, Stellenbosch showcases the signature white-gabled 17th and 18th century Cape Dutch architectural style. You’ll have the chance to browse quaint Dorp Street, visit the museum, or perhaps explore the many galleries and shops of this university town.
- Wine tastings are tailored to the estates opening hours and the guests’ wine preferences.
- The lunch stop will be either in Franschhoek or Stellenbosch.
- The Ellerman House Wine Gallery offers guests an experiential journey into the history and provenance of South African wine through an interactive multi-media wine library, individual maturation cellars for white and red wines, and a brandy tasting lounge
Day 12: Cape Town
- Enjoy your free day. A multitude of activities and excursions are available to you at an additional cost.
- If you enjoy adventure, encounter giants of the deep and be thrilled with a shark cave diving experience in Gaansbaai, or choose to soar through the mountain on a Cape Canopy tour; or perhaps some cultural or historical excursion alternatives.
Day 13: Cape Town
- Bid these shores goodbye as your private journey comes to an end.
- You will be collected and driven to the airport for your international flight onward.
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming