Your journey at a glance
Your journey begins in the second largest wetlands of the world. The Iberá Wetlands are a very important freshwater reservoir of lagoons, stagnant lakes and swamps with a fascinating gaucho and Guaraní culture that permeates the land.
This captivating region boasts a staggering 4 000 plant and animal species, which can be discovered on a range of exceptional guided tours. You will also be able to experience first-hand some of the region’s all-important conservation initiatives.
Next, head to the awe-inspiring spectacle of the Iguazu Falls and stand spellbound by the 275 separate cascades that make up this powerful phenomenon.
View the Falls on a guided walking excursion. Encounter the region’s spectacular jungle flora and flora on a 4×4 adventure.
Get your pulse racing on a thrilling boat cruise that will take you right up to the various cascades, and view the falls from a different perspective on the Brazilian side.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-2: Buenos Aires
- The capital city of Argentia, Buenos Aires offers a pulsating and eclectic atmosphere of sophistication.
- It is here that local customs are infused by the proud traditions of football and the sultry tango.
- Buenos Aires is dotted with many fine eateries, a thriving arts and culture scene, packed nightclubs and world-class accommodation.
Day 2-5: Iberá Wetlands
- The second largest wetlands in the world, the Iberá Wetlands are a very important freshwater reservoir of lagoons, stagnant lakes and swamps with fascinating gaucho and Guaraní culture
- This captivating region boasts a staggering 4 000 plant and animal species, which make up 30% of Argentina’s biodiversity
- Whether kayaking among families of capybaras, fishing for dorado from a boat or galloping on horseback through the shallows among flocks of exotic bird species, the Iberá Wetlands offer endless wonder
- Wildlife includes giant otters, howler monkeys, marsh deer, wolves, alligators, capybaras and around 350 species of birds, to name but a few
Jaguar Reintroduction Project
Jaguar reclaim their place in Argentina’s Iberá Wetlands after an absence of over 70 years
Day 5-8: Iguazu Falls
- The Iguazu (also called Iguassu) Falls are composed of 275 separate cascades, which make it the largest broken waterfall in the world
- Set amongst lush forests, which are home to small mammals and hundreds of different species of birds, this is a truly breath-taking spectacle as thousands of litres of water tumble down the steps of the Parana Plateau
- A highlight of any visit to the Iguazu Falls is a stop at Devil’s Throat, a narrow u-shaped chasm that offers excellent photographic opportunities
Day 8: Departure
- Today, after another wholesome breakfast, you will be collected for your tour of the Brazilian side of the Iguazu Falls. The vast majority of the falls lie on the Argentinian side, with the Brazilian side being more of a jungle experience. To truly take in the majesty of the Falls, a trip to both sides is highly recommended; with an up-close-and-personal (and soaked) interaction from the Argentinian side combined with the opportunity to stand back and admire the Iguazu Falls from the Brazilian side
- Following your tour, wave goodbye to Argentina, as you are collected for your homeward flight
- Welcome and assistance service at all airports
- Accommodation inclusions as per the itinerary
- All transport and tours s per the itinerary
- Buenos Aires – Posadas / Iguazu – Buenos Aires domestic airfare, economy (with taxes incl)
- Airport taxes on internal air tickets
- Administration fees – where applicable
- Entrance fee to National Parks
What's not included
- International airfare/airport taxes
- Early check-in or late check-out charges
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Any video/still camera fee during the trip
- Excess baggage
- Visas (visit our partner, Sherpa, for reliable and convenient access to all visa-related requirements, supporting information, and costs)
- Travel insurance (visit our partner, Global Rescue, for more information).
- Itinerary based on a minimum of 2 guests
- Rates valid for 15 January 2021 to 15 December 2022 -should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote. Accommodation subject to availability
- Rates are not valid over the festive season from 20 December 2022 – 15 January 2023.
- Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season rate.
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned in our proposal only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning, should there be any increases in Park Fees, Fuel, Sales Tax or VAT, third party services, or any other circumstances beyond our control in the regions featured in this quote/booking
- All guests must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment
- &Beyond reserves the right to modify program itineraries, including arranged sightseeing, and substitute accommodations, including vessels and trains, at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond &Beyond's control. Every effort will be made to operate itineraries as planned, but alterations may occur after the final itinerary has been issued.
- Rates are subject to change
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming