Your journey at a glance
Your journey begins in the second largest wetlands of the world. The Iberá Wetlands are a very important freshwater reservoir of lagoons, stagnant lakes and swamps with a fascinating gaucho and Guaraní culture that permeates the land.
This captivating region boasts a staggering 4 000 plant and animal species, which can be discovered on a range of exceptional guided tours. You will also be able to experience first-hand some of the region’s all-important conservation initiatives.
Next, head to the awe-inspiring spectacle of the Iguazu Falls and stand spellbound by the 275 separate cascades that make up this powerful phenomenon.
View the Falls on a guided walking excursion. Encounter the region’s spectacular jungle flora and flora on a 4×4 adventure.
Get your pulse racing on a thrilling boat cruise that will take you right up to the various cascades, and view the falls from a different perspective on the Brazilian side.
1 night Buenos Aires | 3 nights Iberá Wetlands | 3 nights Iguazu Falls
8 Days | From USD 6,550 per person
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists.
- Welcome and assistance service at all airports
- Accommodation inclusions as per the itinerary
- All transport and tours s per the itinerary
- Buenos Aires – Posadas / Iguazu – Buenos Aires domestic airfare, economy (with taxes incl)
- Airport taxes on internal air tickets
- Administration fees – where applicable
- Entrance fee to National Parks
What's not included
- International airfare/airport taxes
- Early check-in or late check-out charges
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Any video/still camera fee during the trip
- Excess baggage
- Visa or reciprocity fee expenses. Please check your nearest embassy
- Itinerary based on a minimum of 2 guests
- Validity periods are as specified above; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote. Accommodation subject to availability
- Rates are not valid over the festive season from 20 December 2018 – 15 January 2019 & 20 December 2019 – 15 January 2020.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in Chile or Argentina
- &Beyond trading terms apply
Plan your journey
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-2: Buenos Aires
- The capital city of Argentia, Buenos Aires offers a pulsating and eclectic atmosphere of sophistication.
- It is here that local customs are infused by the proud traditions of football and the sultry tango.
- Buenos Aires is dotted with many fine eateries, a thriving arts and culture scene, packed nightclubs and world-class accommodation.
Day 2-5: Iberá Wetlands
- The second largest wetlands in the world, the Iberá Wetlands are a very important freshwater reservoir of lagoons, stagnant lakes and swamps with fascinating gaucho and Guaraní culture
- This captivating region boasts a staggering 4 000 plant and animal species, which make up 30% of Argentina’s biodiversity
- Whether kayaking among families of capybaras, fishing for dorado from a boat or galloping on horseback through the shallows among flocks of exotic bird species, the Iberá Wetlands offer endless wonder
- Wildlife includes giant otters, howler monkeys, marsh deer, wolves, alligators, capybaras and around 350 species of birds, to name but a few
Day 5-8: Iguazu Falls
- The Iguazu (also called Iguassu) Falls are composed of 275 separate cascades, which make it the largest broken waterfall in the world
- Set amongst lush forests, which are home to small mammals and hundreds of different species of birds, this is a truly breath-taking spectacle as thousands of litres of water tumble down the steps of the Parana Plateau
- A highlight of any visit to the Iguazu Falls is a stop at Devil’s Throat, a narrow u-shaped chasm that offers excellent photographic opportunities
Day 8: Departure
- Today, after another wholesome breakfast, you will be collected for your tour of the Brazilian side of the Iguazu Falls. The vast majority of the falls lie on the Argentinian side, with the Brazilian side being more of a jungle experience. To truly take in the majesty of the Falls, a trip to both sides is highly recommended; with an up-close-and-personal (and soaked) interaction from the Argentinian side combined with the opportunity to stand back and admire the Iguazu Falls from the Brazilian side
- Following your tour, wave goodbye to Argentina, as you are collected for your homeward flight