IDEAL FOR MULTI-GENERATIONAL FAMILIES & YOUNG CHILDREN
EXPLORE WILDLIFE-RICH AREAS AS A FAMILY
VISIT AN AUTHENTIC MAASAI VILLIAGE
EXCITING OCEAN ACTIVITES FOR THE YOUNG AND OLD
Your journey at a glance
Delight in an idyllic safari and beach holiday filled with adventure, wildlife and culture – designed specifically to include lodges that embrace families with activities and fun for parents children and teenagers.
Your jam-packed itinerary traverses a marvellous range of incredibly exciting experiences that will stay with you long after your holiday has come to an end.
Your family can contribute to the conservation of elephants through adopting an elephant, and while in Nairobi you can visit your elephant and see how the orphanage operates. Elevate the children to a whole new level and go on a camel safari under the stars. Experience the wilderness up close and personal on horseback, and take to the skies to ogle the magnificently vast Kenyan landscapes from the open cockpit of a biplane.
Capture the animals dotted on the open plains of the world-famous Masai Mara Reserve looking for the Big Five, the small five and magnificent bird life. A wonderful family experience is to engage with people from a different culture, and visit a traditional Masai boma meeting the people from the Maasai community.
End off your idyllic family holiday learning new sports and delving into new adventures in absolute luxury on the Kenyan coast. This is a sublime family journey, with moments and memories captured, that will never be forgotten.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect
Day 1: Nairobi
- On your arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport you will be warmly met by an &Beyond representative who will transfer you into the vibrant Nairobi. Spend the night at Giraffe Manor where you and your family will get the opportunity to interact with Rothschild Giraffes.
- Cherish a visit to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and adopt an elephant…and meet your gentle giant
- Take a tour of the Giraffe Centre, gain insight into the conservation efforts for the Rothschild giraffe, and even get to feed a giraffe
Day 2: Laikipia
- After a delicious lunch you will be transferred to Wilson airport for your scheduled light aircraft flight to Lewa airstrip.
- You will be met and transferred to Lewa Wilderness Camp. Lewa Wildlife Conservancy sweeps over the Laikipia plains and this extraordinary, prolific wildlife conservancy takes a pioneering approach to conservation. A popular haven for photographers, celebrities and documentary, here you will find some of the most sensational wildlife viewing on the continent
Day 3-5: Laikipia
- Appreciate staying at each destination for 3 nights, allowing your family time to settle down, get to know the teams and immerses yourselves in your stunning surroundings
- If you are feeling intrepid take to the skies in the cockpit of a Biplane and gaze at the magnificence of the mountainous slopes.
- Learn the local lingo and converse with the locals in Swahili, a very entertaining, heart- warming experience
- Climb on the back of a camel and gaze into the horizon from an elevated point as you amble through lush terrain
- Watch the stunning setting sun transform from golden peach hues to pomegranate pinks and sip colourful cocktails with the sounds of the wild your personal soundtrack in the bush
- Wake up early with the sun for a game drive to connect with the hands-on conservation ethos of the conservancies, while searching for the big five learn about rehabilitation programs, tracking and collaring initiatives from your guide.
- Choose to go on a horseback safari or for the smaller kids, take a ride around the lodge or spend the afternoon baking something delicious in the kitchen. Enjoy your dinner as a family, under the vast Laikipia sky
Day 5-7: Masai Mara National Reserve
- Take a scheduled light aircraft flight to the Masai Mara. Enjoy a game drive from the airstrip enroute to your lodge.
- Enjoy an afternoon game drive, followed by dinner under the stars at the lodge
- At breakfast each day, plan your day with your Camp Manager.
- For families with small children – our camp naturalists have a wonderful WildChild itinerary planned for you, including learning the ways of the Maasai – how to make a fire, how to shoot a bow and arrow and even how to bead a bracelet. Take a nature walk around the camp learning to identify butterflies, animal tracks, trees and leaves. Or spend time with our chefs baking cupcakes for afternoon tea.
- For families with teenagers and older childer – Cherish an extraordinary opportunity to explore a Maasai village with an expert walking guide. Shake hands with a proud Maasai Moran, and greet him with a ‘Jambo’ as he invites you into his village and his way of life. Appreciate the beautiful intricate handcrafted jewellery and perhaps take some of these unique items home for souvenirs and gifts
- Just before the golden rays strike the earth descend into the heavens on a spectacular hot-air balloon
- Enjoy an exhilarating night drive with stunning wildlife perfectly illuminated in the deep black of the night
- Or go on a nature walk through the Masai Mara with your guide
Day 8-10: Kenyan Coast
- Board your scheduled light aircraft flight to the Kenyan coast, Diani, where you will be picked up by met by a representative from Alfajiri Villas. Arrive on the warm and welcoming Swahili coast of Kenya, where the friendly coastal people will take good care of you, while you choose to relax or have an active beach holiday. Alfajiri Villas staff are ready to welcome families, and have plenty of activities available for all ages
- In the evening, meet with your villa manager to discuss plans and possible activities for your family over the next few days. For families with small children, we have staff ready to take care of them, to enjoy the private pool at your villas or go to the beach nearby
- For adventurous families, there are wonderful activities to keep busy with over the next few days. Try your hand at Kite surfing, diving or snorkelling. Or for avid fishermen deep-sea fishing excursions can be arranged, to try for the elusive marlin
- And for those who would like to relax, enjoy the pool, sumptuous meals and a massage
Day 11: Departure
- Enjoy your last early morning swim in the sea and breakfast before we wave a fond farewell as you make your way back to the airstrip. From here, you will board your scheduled light aircraft flight to Wilson Airport, where you will be picked up by a member of the &Beyond team who will transfer you to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your onward flight.
- Meet and Greet service at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per the itinerary
- All scheduled road transfers:
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport/ Giraffe Manor
- Giraffe Manor/Wilson Airport
- Lewa Downs Airstrip/Lewa Wilderness
- Lewa Wilderness/Lewa Downs Airstrip
- Masai Mara Airstrip/andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Masai Mara Tented Camp
- andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Masai Mara Tented Camp/ Masai Mara Airstrip
- Ukunda Airstrip/Alfajiri Villas
- Alfajiri Villas/Ukunda Airstrip
- Wilson Airstrip/Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- All scheduled flights:
- Wilson Airport/Lewa Downs Airstrip
- Lewa Downs Airstrip/Masai Mara Airstrip
- Masai Mara Airstrip/Ukunda Airstrip
- Ukunda Airstrip/Wilson Airport
- Conservation and park fee
- Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance
- Administration Fee
What's not included
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- Rates are subject to a minimum of 2 guests for family travel
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or use accommodation in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Lewa Wilderness is closed in April, May and November 2022
- Giraffe Manor is closed between the 11th April - 20th May 2022
- Single traveller rates will be quoted on request basis
- Validity periods are as specified above; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- andBeyond trading terms apply
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming