Travel with purpose in Kenya
Nairobi, Chyulu Hills, Lewa Downs, Masai Mara National Park
Connect with people and conservation projects on luxury journeys that give back to wildlife and communities
Your journey at a glance
Embark on an unforgettable 12-day philanthropic journey through the heart of Africa. Explore Nairobi, offering an abundance of exciting, diverse conservation experiences including adopting an elephant from the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and observing or hand-feeding the elegant Rothschild giraffes at the Giraffe Centre.
Meet individuals from the Community Leaders Education Fund bursary programme, who are developing natural leadership potential and improving their career opportunities by studying at a local college or university. Tread across vast plains at Chyulu Hills National Park accompanied by a Maasai warrior, with tribal knowledge that spans over centuries.
Learn the traditional Maasai way of life and discover how they live in harmony alongside Africa’s majestic wildlife. Cherish the sanctuary at Ol Pejeta and Lewa Downs conservancy, a safe haven for chimps and rhino, and delve into initiatives by the Africa Foundation and &Beyond, grounded in community participation and driven by local leadership.
2 night Nairobi | 3 nights Kuku Group Ranch (near Chyulu Hills)) | 3 nights Lewa Downs Conservancy | 3 nights Masai Mara
12 Days | From USD 12,595 per person
Please keep in mind that his tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Meet and Greet service at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Arrival assistance at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per individual properties
- Scheduled activity inclusions as per individual properties
- Giraffe Centre and David Sheldrick activity
- All scheduled road transfers:
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport / Giraffe Manor
- Giraffe Manor / Wilson Airport
- Wilson Airport / Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- All scheduled air transfers:
- Wilson Airport / Kanzi Airstrip
- Kanzi Airstrip / Wilson Airport
- Wilson Airport / Lewa Downs Airstrip
- Lewa Downs Airstrip / Masai Mara Airstrip
- Masai Mara Airstrip / Wilson Airport
- Kenya National park fees / conservancy fees
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration Fee
What's not included
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- The operator may reroute the itinerary in case of non-availability
- Cost is not included for the trip to Ol Pejeta this is optional
- The excursions to Daphne Sheldrick, Karen Blixen & Giraffe Centre is half a day affair.
- If the CLEF students are vacation time, we would set up a meeting at a different day in your itinerary, when you close to one of the communities where they live.
- High Season: A single supplement of 50% applies to all single rooms. Remainder of year: A single supplement of 25% applies to all single rooms at &Beyond Lodge. A single supplement will be charged when an adult is sharing with an infant.
- Giraffe Manor closure: 14 April - 10 May 2020 inclusive.
- Child rates will be quoted on request
- Minimum of 2 guests for flights to Camp ya Kanzi
- Flight rates are purely for morning schedules
- Validity periods are as specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
- Rates are subject to change.
- Our high season typically covers travel between July and September as well as Christmas, New Years and Easter.
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
Plan your journey
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-2: Nairobi
- Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will make your own way to the arrivals hall, where you will be met by your representative and driven to your accommodation, Giraffe Manor.
- Once you have arrived at your hotel, take the rest of the day to freshen up and unwind before the next day’s adventure
- Visit the Giraffe Centre where you will gain insight into the conservation efforts for the Rothschild giraffe, and even get to feed a giraffe.
- Recommended activities (at additional cost): Adopt an elephant and enjoy a private viewing David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
- Relish the opportunity to sample local fair at a nyama choma (grilled meat) restaurant.
- Meet one of the individuals who have been identified as future leaders within their communities and offered Africa Foundation bursaries to further their tertiary education, as part of the CLEF (Community Leaders Education Fund) program
Day 3-5: Chyulu Hills National Park
- Transfer to Wilson Airport where you will fly to Campi ya Kanzi in Kuku Group Ranch, for a 3-night stay. Campi ya Kanzi has a unique commitment to community development and environmental sustainability
- Enjoy game drives boasting some of the best views of Kilimanjaro. Chyulu is home to a wonderful selection of game, including buffalo, antelope, elephant, leopard, wildebeest and zebra
- Go birding on Lake Jipe in the south-west corner of the reserve
- Experience a day with the Maasai from the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust. Conserving culture and wildlife initiated in the greater Amboseli ecosystem, they work together with Maasai communities to protect biodiversity through conservation efforts
- Take a fascinating nature walk with a Maasai tracker
- Today, you will have the opportunity to choose your day’s adventure
- Embark on a horseback safari on the group ranch (at additional cost)
Day 6-8: Laikipia
- Fly to Lewa Downs Conservancy, via Nairobi, for your stay at Lewa Safari Camp.
- Enjoy a game drives on the conservancy, showcasing the region’s impressive variety and density of wildlife, and keen birdwatchers can look forward to the sight and sound of close to 350 colourful bird species.
- Spend the morning with the conservation team, learning how the conservancy model has worked to protect wildlife and empower communities in Kenya.
- Choose to head to the Ol Pejeta Sanctuary for the day. Set on the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, this refuge works to protect its distinct habitats, including a wildlife corridor along the northern boundary of the conservancy. The Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary was established with an agreement between the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, the Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) and the Jane Goodall Institute. The conservancy is also home to the largest black rhino sanctuary in East Africa (at additional cost)
- Explore the Lewa Conservancy on horseback, on a game drive or a nature walk or simply unwind
Day 9-11: Masai Mara National Park
- Fly to the Masai Mara, where you will land on the Kichwa Tembo Airstrip. From here, you will be collected by an &Beyond guide who will take you on a short game drive to &Beyond Bateleur Camp.
- Take the opportunity to meet the Programme Manager from Africa Foundation, &Beyond’s community development partner, who will be your host for today’s cultural and community excursions.
- Visit a traditional Maasai community gaining insight in to the Maasai culture. At the Maasai village, called a manyatta, you will have the opportunity to meet with a Maasai family, and visit a traditional boma. It is an extraordinary reality how the Maasai still live side by side with wildlife on the peripheries of unfenced wildlife areas (at additional cost).
- Visit schools and water projects where the Africa Foundation has worked closely with the community to improve education and access to water. Meet teachers and community members, and gain a deeper understanding of the focus areas and needs that have been identified by the community.
- Enjoy game drives in this extraordinary park with year round big five game viewing
- Choose to go on a guided nature walk in the morning or afternoon or a night drive after dark
Day 12: Nairobi
- Wave a fond farewell as your family getaway comes to an end
- You will be collected and driven to the airport for your international flight onward.
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences