Witness exquisite temples and palaces
Witness wildlife such as the blackbuck and the elusive Bengal tiger
Experience the ancient art, culture and history of the different cities
Experienced local guides and naturalists accompany guests
Witness many migratory and resident birds in Chambal
Your journey at a glance
An adventure brimming with culture, history, wildlife and natural beauty
Immerse yourself in this extraordinary 13-day itinerary that takes you to the historical, cultural and natural hubs of India. Your adventure begins in New Delhi, a fusion of bustling international metropolis, medieval chaos and regal splendour. The city is crammed to bursting with tombs, temples, monuments and ruins, all of which exist side by side with modern suburbs and glass and chrome skyscrapers. Continue to Agra, home to some of the finest masterpieces of the Mughal Empire and the ultimate testament to love, the inimitable Taj Mahal. Discover the rich heritage of the Chambal Valley and explore the ancient land on scenic river cruises and thrilling jeep safaris. Be enchanted in the ‘City of Nawabs’, Lucknow, brimming with architectural wonders, cuisine, fabrics and cultural practices. If the beauty of India’s flora and fauna speaks to your soul, then the next stop at Dudhwa National Park is a highlight. Pick and choose from a variety of exciting experiences in magnificent terrain including twice daily game drives, big-cat safaris, rhino spotting, bird watching and walking stunning nature trails. A spectacular adventure awaits you on this journey.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect
Day 1-2: Arrival and exploration of New Delhi
- Upon arrival at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport, you will be welcomed by your India host and chauffeured to The Oberoi – New Delhi.
- The Oberoi New Delhi reflects the city’s spirit in a harmonious blend of tradition and contemporary sophistication. Situated close to the city centre near business, commercial and shopping districts, the luxury hotel overlooks Delhi’s prestigious Golf Club on one side and the heritage site of Humayun’s Tomb on the other.
- New Delhi, the capital of India is a modern buzzing metropolitan city with remnants of the past strewn amongst the modern buildings.
- Enjoy wonderful sightseeing and explore Humayun’s Tomb, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993 and the Sunder Nursery, an extension to the gardens of the Humayun’s Tomb containing 15 heritage monuments.
- Visit India Gate, a high stone arch of triumph bearing the names of 85,000 Indian Army soldiers who died in the campaigns of WW1, the ceremonial boulevard of Rajpath and Rashtrapati Bhawan, the official residence of the President of India.
Day 3: City of Agra
- After breakfast, you will be driven to Agra. (The drive is approximately three hours).
- You will be welcomed at Amarvilas inspired by Moorish and Mughal architecture, where all the rooms, suites, lobby, bar and lounge offer breathtaking views of the Taj Mahal.
- Agra is where Emperor Shah Jahan celebrated his immortal love for his Empress in marble, the Taj Mahal. Agra is famous for handicrafts products such as inlay work in marble, carpets, jewellery and embroidery work.
- Visit Agra Fort once the capital of the Mughal Empire and explore notable buildings in the fort including the Diwan-e-Am and Diwan-e-Khas (halls of public and private audience), Jehangir’s Palace, Khaas Mahal, Sheesh Mahal (mirrored palace), and Musamman Burj.
- Be captivated by the beauty of the Taj Mahal, said to be one of the most elegant and harmonious buildings in the world. Taj Mahal is the manifestation of power and wealth of the Mughal Empire as seen in its architecture, garden design and calligraphy.
Day 4-5: Wildlife and natural beauty at Chambal
- The morning re-visit the Taj Mahal at sunrise and then return to your hotel for breakfast.
- Embark on a leisurely drive to the Chambal Safari Lodge. (The drive is approximately one and a half hours).
- Chambal Safari Lodge is an oasis of peace, tranquillity and gracious hospitality. The accommodation combines the warmth of local homes with the comfort of modern amenities.
- Perhaps the least known of the many tributaries of the Ganges, the Chambal River courses with history and extraordinary wildlife and forms part of the National Chambal Sanctuary.
- Visit the Bateshwar temples, an ancient settlement of more than 40 temples dedicated to the glory of Shiva glistening pearly white along the Ghats of the river. A multitude of architectural styles, time periods and historical events are reflected in these simple shrines.
- With a rich heritage stretching back many millennia the Chambal Valley has much to offer and accompanied by experienced local guides and naturalists, explore at your own pace by boat, jeep, camels or on foot.
- Enjoy a River Safari, set against a stunning backdrop, framed by the ravines and sandbanks, the gentle pace of the River safari is designed to provide spectacular sightings of the gharials, muggers and turtles basking in the sun; the many migratory and resident birds and occasional glimpses of the Gangetic river dolphins breaking the surface.
- Get excited for a Jeep Safari at the Sarus Crane Conservation Reserve, a widespread wetland area, interspersed by cultivated fields, where large numbers of the sarus cranes breed. Several species of wetland birds and raptors can also be seen.
Day 6-7: Cultural and historical riches of Lucknow
- This morning hop in a vehicle on a Blackbuck Jeep Safari for excellent sightings of blackbuck, Indian antelope and numerous dry land birds including the Indian courser. It is also a fascinating journey through remote hamlets; a world that seems disconnected from modern India.
- Return to the hotel for breakfast and later drive to Lucknow. (The drive is approximately four hours).
- Lebua Lucknow is an embodiment of the essence of the City of Illusions. Awadh Rooms are a chic interpretation of historical facets paying subtle homage to the city’s heritage. Carefully restored vintage furniture, handcrafted artwork and provincial embroidery create an ambience of comfortable luxury.
- Lucknow offers a variety of architectural wonders, cuisines and cultural practices. From taking a stroll on the roads of Victorian style “Hazratganj” to the labyrinth at the Bada Imambara, the city never fails to amaze you with its cultural and historical richness.
- Visit Bada Imambara shrine complex, one of the largest buildings in Lucknow, Chota Imambara housing the tomb of Nawab Muhammad Shah Ali, Rumi Darwaza also known as the Turkish Gate and the British Residency, the headquarters of the British administration during the siege of Lucknow in 1857.
Day 8-11: Dudhwa National Park and Tiger Reserve
- After breakfast, drive to Dudhwa National Park. (The drive is approximately five hours).
- Check-in at Jaagir Lodge, set in a well wooded compound surrounded by farmland on the edge of the Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, the perfect base from which to discover the richness of the terai jungles.
- Dudhwa is part of an extensive arc of protected areas in the lowlands along the Indo-Nepal border. Three large interconnected forested areas form the Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, and this rich lush landscape is home to tiger, leopard, sloth bear, elephant, one-horned rhinoceros, five species of deer, fishing cats and over 350 species of birds.
- Enjoy morning and afternoon park drives and unforgettable experiences in and around the lodge such as: big-cat safaris, rhino spotting, bird watching and walking stunning nature trails. For those looking for more cultural insights, visit the villages of the famous Tharu tribe, and discover their ancient traditions, customs and artistic skills.
Day 12: Final night in New Delhi
- This morning you will be driven to Lucknow Airport for your connecting flight to Delhi.
- Upon arrival you will be assisted to JW Marriott, Aerocity, located adjacent to Indira Gandhi International Airport. The hotel features exceptionally large accommodation with ultra-comfortable bedding and marble bathrooms, as well as 24-hour room service and modern technology.
Day 13: Departure
- Today, you will have the morning to enjoy at your leisure before being collected for your flight to Delhi and onward flight later this evening.
- Accommodation all hotels as per the meal plan mentioned above
- All transfers, sightseeing and overland trips by an Air-conditioned Innova Crysta
- Internal flight in economy class for all the above mentioned domestic sectors. Baggage Allowance 15 Kgs per passenger
- Services of local English speaking guide in Delhi, Agra and Lucknow
- Entrance fees of the monuments in Delhi, Agra and Lucknow
- Park Drives at Chambal Sanctuary and Dudhwa National Park
- Mineral water during sightseeing and overland trip
- Digital Travel Journal.
- All current taxes as on date
What's not included
- Any International Airfare / Airport taxes
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Items of personal nature like tips , laundry, phone calls etc
- Any video / still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes.
- Any Insurance
- Should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Rates are subject to change
- &Beyond trading terms apply
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming