Your journey at a glance
Indulge in a tranquil seaside adventure on the shores of tropical &Beyond Benguerra Island.
Relax on golden beach sands washed by balmy Indian Ocean waters or explore the vibrant and beautiful coral reefs that hide beneath the waves.
Battle the mighty denizens of the deep with some of the world’s most exciting catch-and-release deep sea fishing.
Gallop along the beach on horseback at sunset or toast the setting sun from a traditional sailing dhow.
Explore the clear lakes in the island’s interior, get a glimpse into local life at the village or treat yourself to a private picnic among the towering sand dunes.
4 nights Benguerra Island
5 Days | From USD 5,770 per person
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Return flight from O.R Tambo International Airport or Vilanculos International Airport
- Helicopter flights between Vilanculos International Airport and andBeyond Benguerra Island
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals on a full board basis
- Soft drinks, house wine, local brand spirits, local beer, teas and coffees (premium brands to own account)
- Park fees
- Activities included: Scuba diving - max 2 dives per day (tide-dependent) - full PADI certification required, horseback riding (85 kg weight restriction), sea kayaking, sunset dhow cruise, scheduled snorkelling trip, castaway picnic, island expedition & local village tour (subject to availability and weather conditions)
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
What's not included
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- Rates are quoted on a per person sharing basis.
- This package only applies to full-paying adults.
- Single traveller supplement rates will be quoted on request.
- Excludes Cabanas and Casa Familia.
- Validity periods are as specified above; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in Mozambique.
- Rates are subject to change.
- Our high season typically covers travel between July and September as well as Christmas, New Years and Easter.
- &Beyond trading terms apply.
Plan your journey
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Benguerra Island
- On arrival at O.R Tambo International Airport, you will check-in for your flight to Vilanculos International Airport
Check-in for your flight to Vilanculos International Airport from Kruger Mpumalanga Airport
- On arrival at Vilanculos International Airport, you will be assisted onto a helicopter flight to &Beyond Benguerra Island
- As the second largest island of the Bazaruto Archipelago, Benguerra offers exceptional opportunities to witness a slice of the very best of Mozambique’s exceptional marine life and experience an abundance of island adventures. Characterised by its towering sand dunes, inland lakes and idyllic beaches, Benguerra was declared a National Park in 1971. It is home to over 140 bird species and the pristine waters surrounding the island, as well as the exceptional archipelago, are host to the rare dugong and one of the most pristine coral reefs in the world
Day 2: Benguerra Island
- Wade into azure waters on an unforgettable horseback adventure
- Equine enthusiasts of all ages, and riding levels, will have the memorable opportunity to enjoy a fun-filled Swimming with Horses adventure, on &Beyond Benguerra Island. Dress down for the occasion, in just your swimwear, and ride bareback into azure waters, gently striding into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean on top of your mount.
- Expect splashing, and the occasional grunt of pleasure from your horse as it wades into the calm waters surrounding the lodge. Afterwards, hop off your steed and allow them to enjoy a well-deserved roll on the beach.
- This 30 to 45 minute adventure allows for a maximum of 4 guests per swim and is perfect as a standalone activity or can be added after a more extensive horseback exploration of the island. The Swimming with Horses activity is seasonal as well as weather and tide dependent.
Day 3: Benguerra Island
- Discover the picture-perfect landscapes of the unspoilt island
- Island expeditions are fully tailored and customised to accommodate your personal interests and preferences. Explore the azure lakes and creamy sand dunes on the northern side of the island, stroll among the pews of the resident church, and interact with the native Mozambican people in their vibrant thatch and straw village.
- A fascinating excursion to the community centre, Centro Cumunitario Kanhe Kwedo reveals a wonderful community initiative where women delve into their entrepreneurial creative spirt and create beautiful beaded items, and men practice conservation initiatives.
- Climb atop golden sand dunes, and quaff cocktails as the sun is pulled to the other side of the world and the skies transform from bright peach to inky black. Cast your eye to the leafy branches and spot an Osprey, this specialist fish eater is a common sight.
Day 4: Benguerra Island
- Snorkel along exposed coral reefs teeming with rainbow coloured fish
- Venture out into the vast blue ocean on a boat, and explore exposed coastal reefs just off Benguerra Island at low tide with the aid of snorkelling gear. Witness the technicoloured marine life of the Indian Ocean, flitting through the translucent waters under the searching rays of the African sun. Snorkelling at Two-Mile Reef will suit every guest, regardless of age and expertise.
Day 5: Departure
- After a mouth-watering breakfast, we wave a fond farewell as you board a helicopter for your flight back to Vilanculos International Airport. Here you will check in for your flight to O.R Tambo International Airport.