Your journey at a glance
Indulge in the drama of East Africa’s most beautiful landscapes, from the romance of classical safari to the wonder of breath-taking landscapes and the barefoot luxury of a private island.
At Lake Manyara you will share a cosy tree house in the heart of a scenic landscape, where lions lounge in the forks of trees and pink flamingo wade near the lakeshore.
Enjoy a taste of adventure combined with the ultimate luxury on the open plains of the Serengeti, where Persian carpets and fully sized beds are separated from the African night by only a thin sheet of canvas and the light of lanterns sparkles on silver and crystal as your private feast is served in the open air.
2 nights Lake Manyara National Park | 2 nights Ngorongoro Crater | 3 nights Serengeti National Park | 3 nights Zanzibar
11 Days | From USD 10,710 per person
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Our Treat –
- Fly Me around East Africa – Free inter-camp flights
- Fly Me to Mnemba – Free flights (Arusha/Manyara to Zanzibar) and boat and road transfers from Zanzibar Airport to/from &Beyond Mnemba Island
- Explore more of Lake Manyara - includes one night game drive and a scenic bicycle ride exploring Lake Manyara
- Meet and Greet service at Kilimanjaro Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per individual properties
- All scheduled road transfers as per the itinerary
- All scheduled air transfers:
- Kilimanjaro Airport / Manyara Airstrip
- Manyara Airstrip / Serengeti Airstrip
- Serengeti Airstrip / Zanzibar Airport
- Zanzibar Airport / Dar Es Salaam
- Tanzania National park fees / Conservancy fees
- Tanzania Tourism Development Levy
- Infrastructure tax for &Beyond Mnemba Island
- Crater fees for one visit to Ngorongoro Crater
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
What's not included
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- The operator may reroute the itinerary in case of non-availability.
- High Season: A single supplement of 50% applies to all single rooms. Remainder of year: A single supplement of 25% applies to all single rooms.
- Child rates will be quoted on request. Children aged 5 years and younger do not qualify for the offer and will be quoted on normal rates.
- Maximum of four &Beyond lodges per package.
- Minimum of two guests in low season.
- Offer does not apply to any afternoon flights with Coastal Aviation.
- Validity periods are as specified above – should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote.
- &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge closed in April 2019
- &Beyond Mnemba Island is closed 8 April – 20 May 2019
- Additional suggested activities not included in the rate.
- Rates are subject to change.
- Our high season typically covers travel between July and September as well as Christmas, New Years and Easter.
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply.
Plan your journey
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-3: Lake Manyara
- Take a scheduled light aircraft flight to Manyara Airstrip. On arrival at the airstrip, you will be met by a representative from &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge for your first game drive to the lodge. Lake Manyara National Park offers a wilderness experience in diverse habitats, from its Rift Valley soda lake to dense woodlands and steep mountainsides. Apart from a spectacular setting, the park is famous for its unusual tree-climbing lions and the vast elephant herds it was established to protect. The shores of the lake, encrusted with pink flamingo, attract more than 400 species of birds, many of them waterfowl or migrants.
- Go on morning and afternoon game drives through this diverse habitat to look for tree climbing lions from &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge. Explore areas of the park that cannot be reached by day visitors and are undisturbed by others. You will traverse a mosaic of acacia woodlands, grassy floodplains and tall forest in search of wildlife, including Manyara’s famous tree-climbing lions and family herds of elephant.
- Enjoy a scenic guided bike ride through the Mayoka community. Cycle through this bustling village A picturesque bike ride brings you to the lakeshore, where you can admire bright pink flocks of flamingos.
Day 3-5: Ngorongoro Crater
- Enjoy an early morning breakfast before a safari vehicle drive back to the Manyara airstrip, where you will be met by a representative from &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge who will drive you to the lodge. The Ngorongoro Crater, once a gigantic volcano, is the largest intact caldera in the world. Some maintain that before it erupted, it would have been higher than Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa.
- Savour a Crater Floor Banquet with your butler to attend to your every wish as you indulge in a mouth-watering meal served against the backdrop of groups of zebra strolling along the Crater floor.
- Go on a game drive in this ancient caldera with the opportunity to see the Big 5
- For the more active take the opportunity to do a walk on the Crater Rim, or a full day hike into Empakai Crater
Day 5-8: Serengeti
- Drive back to the Manyara airstrip for your scheduled flight to &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas. The Serengeti National Park, meaning “endless plains” in the Masai language, is undoubtedly one of the world’s most celebrated Wilderness areas and is an on-going source of inspiration to writers, filmmakers and photographers.
- Float above the Serengeti on a once-in-a-lifetime hot air balloon flight. At dawn, rise as the sun greets the day and float in whichever direction the winds of the morning take you.
- Get front row seats to the Great Migration on an andBeyond game drive tailored to suit your preference, with a choice between shorter, twice-daily drives or one full-day game drive, with a stop for a picnic lunch. The game drives are carefully planned to anticipate the progress of the Great Migration, so you should not have to travel too far to see the vast herds. However, if the Migration has moved off, or the dramatic river crossings are in progress, you may choose to spend more time on the vehicle in order to maximise your chances of seeing this incredible phenomenon.
Day 8-11: Zanzibar
- Depart by road to the Airstrip, where you will board your scheduled flight to Zanzibar Airport.
- On arrival in Zanzibar you will be met by an &Beyond representative who will assist with your road transfer to the crossing point for Mnemba Island. Here you will be met by a boat for your transfer to Mnemba Island Lodge where you will spend three nights.
- Immerse yourself in a world beneath on a scuba dive to experience Zanzibars pristine coral reefs
- Do a scuba diving course or go snorkelling in this safe water environment, and explore the under water marine life around the island
- Explore the warm Indian Ocean waves in utter tranquility in a kayak or try your hand at a Stand Up Paddle board
- Reawaken your soul and relax your body with a wide ranging wellness treatments in the privacy of your room
- Wake up with the sun for a private yoga session from the deck of your beach banda
Day 11: Departure
Depart by boat to the crossing point, where a member of the &Beyond team will meet and transfer you to Zanzibar International Airport for your flight to Dar es Salaam Domestic Airport. On arrival at the Domestic Terminal of Dar es Salaam International Airport you will be met by an &Beyond representative and transferred to the International Terminal for your outbound flight.