IDEAL FOR MULTIGENERATIONAL FAMILIES
EXPERIENCE THE BIG FIVE ON SAFARI IN AFRICA'S MOST FAMOUS WILDLIFE DESTINATION
EXCITING ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES FOR YOUNG AND OLD
spend time with the Samburu and Maasai people
Witness the world’s greatest wildlife spectacle, the Great Wildebeest Migration
Your journey at a glance
Delve deeper into the African bush on the wide open plains of the Laikipia Plateau with an adventure that breaks away from the traditional, such as a camel or horseback safari.
Give your family the gift of an extraordinary, wildlife and culture-filled, 7-day adventure on this multi-generational itinerary that delves deep into the heart of Kenya’s spectacular wilderness.
Your journey begins in the only city in the world with a national park on its doorstep, the bustling metropolis of Nairobi. Here, you have some time to explore this vibrant city, stopping to handfeed giraffes and discover historical attractions before your actual family safari even begins!
This journey promises fun, excitement, and opportunities to learn and grow for the whole family. It is here that the young and young at heart will be captivated by Kenya’s most scenic and wildlife-rich national parks.
Start your safari in Laikipia, the perfect playground for those looking to feel the ground beneath their feet. Here, your family can walk in the wild and spend time with the Samburu and Maasai people who call this place their home. The destination is also famous for its camel and horseback safaris.
Absolutely irresistible is Kenya’s most famous safari destination, the Masai Mara, the iconic finale to your family adventure. Be awestruck at picturesque landscapes, filled with rolling hills, where crimson and purple-clad Maasai warriors tend to their herds among vast numbers of resident wildlife. It is here that your family can bear witness to one of the world’s greatest wildlife spectacles, the Great Wildebeest Migration.
An extraordinary adventure awaits the whole family here, a wonderful opportunity to reconnect and create lifelong memories.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite multi-generational family experiences in Kenya. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Nairobi
- Upon your arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport your family will be welcomed by a member of the &Beyond team who will drive you into vibrant Nairobi.
- The only city in the world with a national park on its doorstep, Nairobi is the hub of East Africa and is packed with unique attractions, from bustling markets to fascinating historical sites such as the Karen Blixen Museum (known for chronicling her life in her most famous book, Out of Africa).
- Cherish a visit to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and adopt an elephant…and meet your gentle giant
- Take a tour of the Giraffe Centre, gain insight into the conservation efforts for the Rothschild giraffe, and even get to feed a giraffe
Day 2: Laikipia
- After breakfast, your family will be driven to Wilson Airport for your scheduled light aircraft flight to Lewa Airstrip.
- Upon arrival at the airstrip, you will all be driven to the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy. This extraordinary wildlife conservancy takes a pioneering approach to conservation and is a popular haven for photographers, celebrities and documentary-makers. Here your family will find some of the most sensational wildlife viewing on the continent.
- Laikipia is the perfect playground for those looking to feel the ground beneath their feet, to walk in the wild and spend time with the Samburu and Maasai people who call it their home.
- If you are feeling intrepid, take to the skies in a helicopter and gaze at the magnificence of the mountainous slopes, picturesque landscapes and wildlife dotting the plains.
- Choose to go on a horseback safari or for the smaller kids, take a ride around the lodge or spend the afternoon baking something delicious in the kitchen – scrumptious.
Day 3: Laikipia
- Wake the kids early with the sunrise for an exciting game drive to connect with the hands-on conservation ethos of the conservancies, search for the Big Five and learn about rehabilitation programs from your guide.
- Great for the kids is to learn the local lingo and converse with the locals in Swahili, a very entertaining, heart- warming experience.
- A great experience for the family is to climb on the back of a camel on a camel safari and amble off together into the horizon together!
- Watch the setting sun transform from golden peach hues to pomegranate pinks and sip colourful cocktails and ice-cold drinks with the sounds of the wild your personal soundtrack in the bush.
- Enjoy your dinner as a family, under the vast Laikipia sky.
Day 4-6: Masai Mara National Reserve
- Following your adventures in Laikipia, your family will take a scheduled light aircraft flight to the Masai Mara. On the way to the lodge, the kids can already start ticking off wildlife on their first Masai Mara Game Drive.
- For families with small children – our &Beyond naturalists have a wonderful WILDchild programme planned for you, including learning the ways of the Maasai – how to make a fire, how to shoot a bow and arrow, and even how to bead a bracelet. They can also enjoy a nature walk around the camp learning to identify butterflies, animal tracks, trees and leaves, or spend time with our chefs baking cupcakes for afternoon tea – how delicious!
- For families with tweens and teenagers – they can look forward to the extraordinary opportunity to explore a Maasai village with an expert walking guide. They can shake hands with a proud Maasai chief and greet him with a ‘Jambo’ (hello in Swahili) as he invites them into his village and his way of life.
- During your stay, your entire family will have the memorable opportunity to soar across the magnificence of the Masai Mara in a hot-air balloon.
- And, throughout your stay, you will enjoy twice-daily games drives tracking wildlife, including exhilarating night drives, and a fun, informative nature walk through the Masai Mara with your guide – there are many wonderful moments to be experienced as a family together here.
Day 7: Departure
- After breakfast you will be driven to the airstrip for your scheduled flight to Wilson Airport.
- On arrival at Wilson Airport, you will be collected and driven to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your flight onward. Here, we will wave a fond farewell to you and your family as your once-in-a-lifetime Kenyan safari comes to an end.
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming