Food and Wine
Your journey at a glance
Prepare to be enchanted by the astounding beauty and dazzling magnificence of Cape Town, and the wild, raw allure of the Kruger National Park on this superb South Africa tour.
Revel in the picturesque melting pot of people, nature, and infrastructure with the world-renowned, majestic Table Mountain standing like a fortress overlooking the dynamic city. Indulge in scenic drives, sensational sunsets, lofty mountains, splendid cuisine, the finest wines and vibrant colourful neighbourhoods. Exchange trendy urban landscapes for simply superlative charming towns, villages and exquisite estates of the Cape Winelands destinations such as Franschhoek. Arguably the most beautiful wine valley in the world, it is the food and wine capital of the country. For a change of pace and scenery, set off to the country’s flagship national park, the Kruger National Park, which is the ultimate South African safari destination, home to the Big Five, over 500 bird species, 100 reptiles, nearly 150 mammals, multiple archaeological sites, and a stunning diversity of trees and flowers. Scan the textured open plains and the bushy scrub where the Big Five reside, and spend your time admiring the wildlife and the natural beauty of the South African bush, that is truly irresistible. Combining the best of South Africa’s top two destinations for your South Africa vacation – Cape Town and the Kruger National Park – your glorious journey will entice you to come back for more.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Cape Town
- Enjoy a scenic tour of Cape Town at iconic Table Mountain or at the flat-topped mound known as Signal Hill.
- Browse through Greenmarket Square, one of the city’s oldest markets.
- Meander through Company Gardens, established by Dutch settlers in 1652.
- Drive past the Houses of Parliament, Castle of Good Hope and the Slave Lodge, which used to house thousands of slaves belonging to the Dutch East India Company.
- Visit the traditional Malay Quarter with its brightly coloured houses dating back as far as the 17th century.
- Pause to listen to the firing of the noonday gun from Signal Hill.
Day 2-3: Cape Town
- Explore the Cape Peninsula, the four secluded beaches of Clifton, and the trendy sidewalk cafés of Camp’s Bay.
- Stop at spectacular Hout Bay, a former fishing village with a long, sandy beach facing a bay framed by the mountains.
- Drive through breath-taking Chapman’s Peak then head to Cape Point, with its exceptional flora and fauna.
- Enjoy the antics of the local penguin colony near to Simon’s Town, famous for its naval military base.
- At an additional cost, take a ferry ride to Robben Island for the Robben Island Tour, best known as the site of a jailhouse for political prisoners, including former South African president and Nobel Peace Prize winner Nelson Mandela. Your tour of the island is guided by a former political inmate, which means you will hear first-hand tales of its story of hope and hardship.
- Also at an additional cost, you can go shark cage diving – ideal for thrill-seekers and nature enthusiasts alike. Swimming with sharks in South Africa is an electrifying experience and guests can feel the full force of their adrenalin at the prospect of coming face-to-face with a shark, inside the protection of a submerged cage.
Day 4: Cape Winelands
- Meander through exquisite Franschhoek, tucked away in a valley tightly hemmed in by mountains.
- Discover how a small band of French Huguenots settled here in 1688 and developed the viniculture that exists today.
- visit the impressive Huguenot Memorial and the neighbouring museum, and wander through the town’s beautiful gardens.
- Meander through some of the finest wine estates and dine at some of the classiest restaurants in the world.
Day 5: Cape Winelands
- Kick off the day at the Spice Route Winery, where you can indulge your taste buds with wine, beer, chocolate
- Stop at a glass-blowing shop that provides fascinating artistic displays.
- Explore Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm, where you will be taken on a tour of the crocodile ponds.
- End the day at Spier Wine Estate, where wine tasting is combined with a visit to the Eagle Encounter birds of prey rehabilitation centre. Here you can visit the bird enclosure or interact with some of Africa’s largest raptors and owls.
- At an additional cost, choose to combine wine tasting with horse riding on a horseback adventure through some of the area’s scenic wine estates. Alternatively, explore the winding trails surrounding the town on a mountain bike, stopping frequently to drink in the beautiful views.
Day 6: Kruger National Park
- The world-renowned Kruger National Park is the largest game reserve in South Africa and comprises almost two million hectares (five million acres) of wildlife-rich land that stretches for 350 kilometres (220 miles) from north to south.
- Home to an impressive number of species: 507 birds, 147 mammals, 114 reptiles, 34 amphibians, 49 fish and 336 tree types.
- Discover bushman rock paintings and majestic archaeological sites
- A number of private wildlife reserves, including &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve, share unfenced borders with this massive natural area, allowing wildlife to roam unfettered.
Day 7-9: Kruger National Park
- Explore the bush on twice-daily game drives that ventures out into the bush in search of the Big Five, as well as a host of other fascinating creatures.
- Your experienced ranger and tracker team will discuss what you hope to see prior to the drive and will do their best to find all your favourite animals for you.
- Choose to set off on a quick bush walk and explore the finer details of your surroundings, from animal tracks to plants, insects and birds, or if booked in advance, a Specialist Walking Safari which is tailored to your needs.
Day 10: Depart the fascinating bush as you make your way onward
After breakfast you will be transferred by road back to the Ngala Airstrip, where you will board a scheduled domestic flight to O.R Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, where your adventure with us will end.
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming