JOIN A GROUP OF 4 - 8 GUESTS ON THIS LIMITED EDITION SET-DEPARTURE
HOSTED BY OUR SKILLED DIVE MASTER
TAKE A SCUBA DIVING LESSON
LEARN ABOUT THE FRAGILE MARINE ECOSYSTEM
DISCONNECT TO RECONNECT WHILE MAKING AN IMPACT
Your journey at a glance
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a teenager* and their parent to make a difference in Mozambique’s Bazaruto Archipelago.
This journey is for the water-babies, the ocean lovers, marine wildlife enthusiasts and sun-seekers. If you and your parent fit the bill and would like to reconnect in paradise, whilst caring for your chosen destination’s ocean, people and wildlife; then we urge you to join other like-minded teens and their parents on this 5-day WILDchild Eco-guide Challenge in Mozambique.
Travel to the spectacular paradise of &Beyond Benguerra Island for a fun-filled expedition hosted by the island’s dive master. If you’ve ever wanted to learn to scuba dive, this is your chance. The lodge’s on-sight PADI diving school will have you certified in no-time to enjoy your first open water dives. You will also get to learn about marine conservation, visit the island’s local community and embark on a series of memorable island adventures.
What makes this a WILDchild Eco-Guide Challenge? You and the rest of teens on this adventure will be challenged, just as our island guides and dive masters are, on what you have learnt whilst out on your excursions, earning certificates and prizes that will be handed out at a fun-filled ceremony dinner at the end of the journey.
4 nights Benguerra Island
*This itinerary has been specially curated for a teenager (14-18) and their parent. In the spirit of giving back, your teenager will only be costed at 50% of the adult rate.
Are you ready?
BEGIN YOUR ADVENTURE
This unforgettable WILDchild journey is hosted by a Dive Master and departs on a set date. Should you wish to travel over different dates with your own party of children (even if of different ages), please contact one of our dedicated Travel Specialists to plan your adventure.
A taste of what to expect…
10 October 2022
- Welcome to paradise! After landing at Mozambique’s Vilanculos International Airport, hop onto a helicopter for a short, scenic flight to &Beyond Benguerra Island.
- After a quick orientation of your accommodation, you will have the opportunity to freshen up, enjoy a scrumptious lunch and then relax for the rest afternoon.
- Tonight, you will get to meet your hosts and the rest of your group at dinner.
11 October 2022
- Today you will learn how to scuba dive. In the morning, you will head to the PADI centre to do the theory portion of your introductory diving course, followed by a delicious lunch.
- In the afternoon, you will make your way to the lodge pool for your first basic scuba diving session.
- At sunset, the beautiful Dhow Bar awaits. Here, you will learn to make cocktails (virgin versions for the teens and alcoholic for the parents); followed by a delectable dinner around the beach firepit.
12 October 2022
- Assuming you passed your diving theory course from the previous day, you will get to hop aboard the lodge boat for your first open water diving trip at the famous 2-Mile Reef. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the fragile marine ecosystem, viewing the plentiful marine life and beautiful coral reef.
- After a fun-filled morning of diving, you will be whisked away for an island picnic lunch.
- In the afternoon, venture out to sea once more, this time on a traditional sailing dhow for a sunset cruise.
- Tonight, you will have dinner with the conservation team from Oceans Without Borders, our marine conservation initiative founded in collaboration with Africa Foundation. They will chat about their daily efforts in protecting the waters surrounding the island and further afield.
13 October 2022
- Today, you will get to choose between a half-day, catch-and-release fishing experience or honing your diving skills on another scuba adventure.
- In the afternoon, discover the island on a community drive before venturing to the “wild side” of the island to climb sand dunes and sandboard. Toast the sun as it sets on your last day with delicious sundowners on the beach.
- Tonight, will be your prizegiving and certification dinner.
14 October 2022 – Departure
- Squeeze in one last adventure in the morning – horseback riding on the beach – before we wave a fond farewell as you board the helicopter for your journey back to the airport and your onward flight.
- Meet and greet at Vilanculos Airport
- All scheduled flights:
- OR Tambo International Airport / Vilanculos Airport to OR Tambo Airport
- Twin accommodation
- Meals as specified
- Soft drinks, house wine, local brand spirits, local beer, teas and coffees (premium brands to own account)
- Park fees
- Activities included: Scuba diving course, horse riding, sea kayaking, sunset dhow cruise, scheduled snorkelling trip, fishing, picnic trip, island expedition & local village tour (subject to availability and weather conditions)
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
What's not included
- Gratuities and all items of a personal nature
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, cigars and cigarettes
- Visas (visit our partner, Sherpa, for reliable and convenient access to all visa-related requirements, supporting information, and costs)
- Travel insurance (visit our partner, Global Rescue, for more information)
- International airfare / airport taxes
- *Rates are quoted based on 1 adult and 1 teenager (14-18) sharing a twin room. In the spirit of giving back, your teenager will only be costed at 50% of the adult rate. The itinerary per person rate is calculated taking this saving into account
- This unique journey requires a minimum number of guests to travel. However, if we aren’t able to reach the minimum number; &Beyond reserves the right to cancel BUT you will be reimbursed the full amount for the journey. We will confirm the journey numbers at least 5 months prior to departure.
- Set departure dates: 10 - 14 October 2022
- Minimum 4 guests / Maximum 8 guests per departure
- The schedule of the program may variety slightly based on the number of guests per departure
- Due to the nature of activities on this itinerary, children under 14 years old not permitted
- This offer may not be combined with other offers. However, additional nights may be added by using the applicable long stay rate. Should you wish to travel on different dates with your own party, please contact one of our dedicated Travel Specialists to plan your adventure
- Flight cost is subject to availability and rates are subject to change
- &Beyond may need to pass on cancellation/amendment costs once bookings including the flight offer have been confirmed
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control
- &Beyond trading terms apply.
Limited edition experiences
Celebrate our 30 year anniversary with us
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming