Experience the ancient art, culture, and history of Nepal
Witness exquisite forts, temples and palaces
Once-in-a-lifetime views of the himalayas
Witness the endangered one-horned rhino and elusive Bengal tiger
WITNESS FAMED HUNTERS EXTRACT HONEY FROM STEEP CLIFFS
Your journey at a glance
This adventurous 10-day itinerary is ideal for travelers who want to experience Nepal's awe-inspiring snow-capped mountains, it's charming people and it's magnificent wildlife.
With more than enough time to combine the highlights of Kathmandu, Pokhara, and Chitwan National Park, this trip combines culture and history with some of the country’s most magnificent mountain views, including Mount Everest, the Annapurna mountain range, and the majestic Fishtail Mountain. In addition to witnessing the incredible honey hunters of Nepal gathering their prize from the steep mountain cliffs, you may also have the opportunity to see the endangered Asiatic one horned rhino, or the elusive Bengal tiger.
Your journey begins in Kathmandu, Nepal’s capital city, dating back over 2,000 years. Explore Bhaktapur, known as the ‘Living Heritage’, a royal city dotted with palaces, temples, colourful pagodas and religious shrines. Boasting a rich, cultural heritage local potters with their drying pots and open kilns adorn squares, artisans weave cloth and carve timber in roadside homes and locals gather in communal courtyards.
Continue to Pokhara and enjoy scenic hikes and witness the extraordinary honey hunters who gather honey from wild bee colonies. Incredibly brave tribesmen risk their lives harvesting the sweet honeycomb from steep cliffs in this ancient tradition.
Venture to the wildlife sanctuary of Chitwan National Park and arm yourself with a camera and binoculars on an exhilarating experience – spotting, tracking and viewing on a jeep or walking safari. Luck may be on your side in finding the rare Bengal tiger and the iconic Asiatic rhino.
End off your itinerary in Patan City, known as Lalitpur and the ‘The Beautiful City’, once home to kings who resided in luxurious palaces in Durbar Square, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Peruse the excellent collection of Buddhist and Hindu art in the Patan Museum and stroll through bustling bazaars colourful with Nepali culture. An incredible adventure awaits you here.
3 nights Kathmandu | 3 nights Pokhara | 3 nights Chitwan National Park
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experiences in Nepal. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own tailormade adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect
Day 1-2: Kathmandu
- Steeped in history, Nepal’s capital city, Kathmandu, dates back over 2,000 years. The Kathmandu Valley boasts the three ancient cities of Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur, which were once independent states ruled by the Malla kings from the 12th to the 18th centuries.
- Upon arrival at the Kathmandu Tribhuwan International Airport, you will be welcomed by your &Beyond host who will assist with your luggage and drive you to Dwarika’s Hotel.
- The magnificence of Dwarika’s is its buildings with a combination of intricately carved wood and terracotta work. A luxurious stay awaits you here with generous hospitality of the Nepali people.
- Join your guide on a flight to Mt. Everest, the world’s highest peak at 8848.86m (29,031ft). No awe-stricken silence can come close to matching the experience of a mountain flight to encounter the tallest mountains on our planet.
- Enjoy a wonderful tour of Bhaktapur, known as the ‘City of Devotees’. Brimming with monuments, palaces and temples, Bhaktapur is surrounded by mountains and provides spectacular views of the Himalayas.
Day 3-5: Pokhara
- Today you will be driven to the domestic airport for a flight to Pokhara. After a 25 min flight, enjoy a scenic four hour drive through picturesque countryside and plenty of opportunities to get gorgeous views of the Fishtail Mountain and the Annapurna Range.
- On the way, explore the beautiful village of Lumle, known to have the heaviest rainfall in Nepal, providing a fresh cooling breeze during the summer.
- La Bee Lodge is situated in a typical village of the Gurung community where many of its inhabitants have, and still are serving in the British Gorkha Regiment. From here, you will have continuous 360 degree views of the Annapurna range. Enjoy exploring or hiking around this quaint mountain village.
- Today, you will meet the honey hunters. Experience a harvest ritual, which varies slightly from community to community. It begins with a prayer and offering of flowers, fruits, and rice. Then a fire is lit at the base of the cliff to smoke the bees from their honeycombs. From above, a honey hunter descends the cliff harnessed to a ladder by ropes. The honey hunter repels territorial bees as he cuts out chunks of honey from the comb. Finally, the lead honey hunter collects honey in a bucket and passes it down.
- Watching the honey hunters at work is fascinating and a privilege to witness…
Day 6-8: Chitwan National Park
- Today after breakfast you are driven by road for two and a half hours to Pokhara Airport for your flight to Bharatpur. On arrival you will be met and driven to Meghauli Serai, Chitwan for an hour through the countryside and farming land.
- Chitwan National Park is home to many endangered animals and is a paradise for birdwatchers.
- On your daily drives, you have the opportunity to spot the greater one horned rhinoceros, perhaps a royal Bengal tiger or two, some gharial crocodile, fresh water gangetic dolphin and more. In addition, four types of deer, two types of monkeys, wild boar, sloth bear, elephant and leopard can also be found here.
- Meghauli Serai is set on the banks of the Rapti River, offering excellent sightings of rhino, gharial (fish eating crocodile), birds from the property. Viewing decks overlooking the river and park are the perfect spot to relax and enjoy the beauty of the park.
- Enjoy an array of wildlife activities on safari with your naturalist guide such as game drives, jungle walks and visits to a nearby village.
Day 9: Kathmandu
- This morning after breakfast you will be driven to Bharatpur Airport for the flight back to Kathmandu.
- Enjoy a tour of Patan Durbar Square and Patan Museum. Patan Durbar Square once included the palace of the kings of Patan. The square consists of artistic courtyards and graceful pagoda temples, and brims with ancient palaces, temples and shrines known for their exquisite carvings.
- Patan Museum occupies an old palace and has an exquisitely designed display of Hindu, Newari, and Buddhist art in the context of the history of the valley.
- After a good nights’ sleep, you will be driven to the international airport for your homebound flight.
- Wave a fond farewell as your journey with us comes to an end.
- Accommodation as mentioned.
- Meal Plan as mentioned.
- All transfers as mentioned in a private vehicle.
- Sightseeing tour will be provided as per the itinerary with an English-speaking Local Guide and in a private Vehicle.
- All entrance and monuments fees.
- All internal flights in Economy.
- All current taxes as on date – subject to change as per hotel/airline/Government policy.
- Accompanying andBeyond Tour Leader.
- Trek with Local trek guide and porters.
- Trek transfers including Trek Permit and TIMS
What's not included
- Nepal Visa
- Air fare as mentioned in the quote above.
- Any Insurance and rescue of any form.
- Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides/riots and events beyond our control.
- Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost like tips, laundry, phone calls etc.
- Any international air fare/airport taxes not mentioned above
- Hotel surcharges during festival period
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Any video/still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes.
- Any airfare for domestic flights other than the quoted details.
- Any cost of the meals other than the one indicated in room meal plan.
- Sightseeing and excursions other than those specified.
- Costs are based on 8-10 guests travelling together
- Single room supplement - USD 1,780
- Airfares and flight schedules are subject to change
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming