COVID-19 Terms & Conditions
Since the release of the original revised terms and conditions on COVID-19, &Beyond is committed to monitoring and amending our approach to travel, providing guests both flexibility and security.
These set of terms replace the previous release on COVID-19 and are applicable from 31st of March 2020. They remain in place until such time as the World Health Organisation declares the pandemic over, or restrictions impacting outbound travel (in particular countries or advisories in place in &Beyond’s countries of operation) are lifted.
Once these conditions are removed, any booking still to travel or made under the auspices of these terms and conditions would be replaced by &Beyond‘s standard terms and conditions – Click here.
Our revised terms and conditions below apply to the camps and lodges in the &Beyond portfolio, in Africa and South America as well as &Beyond owned or managed services in Asia, Africa and South America. The terms and conditions of our partner properties and how they are applied remain at the partner’s sole discretion
CONFIRMED BOOKINGS TRAVELLING FROM 31 MARCH TO 31 JULY 2020
In order to accommodate this recognised Global Force Majeure event, and the resulting varying worldwide travel restrictions, we have amended our standard terms to allow guests to postpone travel up to a year after the original travel date and carry forward 100% of the booking’s value* to the future booking. Should a guest elect to cancel the booking, then our standard cancellation policy applies.
We are communicating with all affected guests and trade partners to advise them on government restrictions on travel.
CONFIRMED BOOKINGS THAT ARE DUE TO TRAVEL AFTER 01 AUGUST 2020
Given the fluidity of global events, we recommend guests wait until 15 JUNE 2020 to make a decision to postpone or continue travel after 01 AUGUST 2020. Should guests elect to cancel or postpone their booking prior to 15 JUNE 2020, then &Beyond’s standard terms and conditions apply.
Should the same global conditions (varying worldwide travel restrictions) exist at 15 JUNE 2020, then guests may consider postponing their bookings, travelling between 01 AUGUST 2020 to 01 OCTOBER 2020, up to a year after the original travel date and carry forward 100% of the booking’s value* to the future booking.
- The booking value carried forward will be calculated as the full funds received on the booking, less any government mandated, regulatory imposed, or non-&Beyond owned or operated services, which have not matched our terms.
- At the time of deferment, we will clearly communicate what costs are not recoverable and deducted from the credit that can be used on the future booking.
- We continue to engage with our partners to align with the Covid-19 &Beyond Revised Terms and Conditions.
- 2020 rates will be honoured for new travel dates in 2021
- Should the future booking be for travel in a different season, or availability of services means that the costs of the logistics, activities, or accommodation has increased, the traveller will be liable for the difference in costs associated with the new trip.
- Applied Special Offers may not be applicable on the new reservation.
THINKING ABOUT A NEW BOOKING WITH US?
In order to give our guests and partners increased comfort, we have relaxed our provisional hold and deposit terms for any bookings received during this period: any booking made 61+ days prior to arrival may now be held for 30 days, with the option to extend.
However, if we receive a confirmed request for the dates/rooms being held we will require you to either confirm your booking with a deposit, within 5 working days, or to release those rooms to the waitlisted booking. We reserve the right to revert to our standard provisional hold policy at our discretion.
All other standard terms and conditions apply. Please continue talking to us as the one thing we can all do during this time is focus on where to go once this is all over.
Our 2021 rate freeze offer has been extended to all bookings confirmed before 30 June 2020 and has been extended to include all 29 &Beyond Lodges and Camps.
THINKING ABOUT CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING?
Electing to cancel a booking based on the current level of uncertainty is understandable but our advice to guests is not to do so. Most travel operators across Africa are electing to impose their normal terms and conditions in this event which may result in any deposits or monies paid being unrecoverable. At this time, deferral remains the best outcome to ensure monies paid* are retained for future use.
Should a booking defer now, and then elect to cancel later, &Beyond will assess the cancellation restrictions against the original dates and revised dates of all services owned or operated by &Beyond. The stricter of the two will apply.
The cancelation terms and conditions of our partner properties, and how they are applied, remain at that partner’s sole discretion.
Should you be unsure how this applies to your booking please speak with your travel specialist.
As flexible as &Beyond is being in relation to future travel, we highly recommend that guests take out comprehensive travel insurance; including “cancel for any reason” (where still available) to ensure any funds lost can be recovered.
- Excluded, unless otherwise specified, are 3rd party partner properties and their services.
- Terms are valid for FIT travel and exclude all pre-negotiated Group or Series travel.
- Any variations from the above terms and conditions are at &Beyond’s discretion and &Beyond reserves the right to amend or withdraw the terms and conditions without prior notice.
For any enquiries please contact the Travel Specialist who made your booking or mail &Beyond at enquiries@andBeyond.com