&Beyond is committed to providing guests with both flexibility and security for as long as COVID-19 remains classified as a pandemic. This annexure will lapse once the COVID 19 status is amended to endemic.
This Annexure replaces any previous releases and is applicable from 01 June 2022.
Once this Annexure lapses, any booking yet to travel or made under the auspices of this Annexure are subject to &Beyond‘s standard terms and conditions.
The revised Annexure only applies to camps and lodges in the &Beyond portfolio in Africa and South America as well as &Beyond owned or managed services in Asia, Africa and South America. The Terms and conditions of partner properties and service providers not owned or managed by &Beyond where more stringent than &Beyond, apply where applicable.
NEW BOOKINGS – MAXIMISING FLEXIBILITY
To provide our guests and partners increased flexibility and comfort, &Beyond is offering the following for new bookings at all &Beyond Lodges & Camps:
- Cancellation of a confirmed independent traveller/s reservation for the named COVID-19 reasons listed below, is subject to the following:
|Between Confirmation and 7 days prior to arrival||Credit to the value of monies paid for future travel into any property within the &Beyond portfolio or 100% Refund of monies paid for &Beyond lodges and camps less any applicable fees|
|Less than 7 days from arrival up to the day prior to arrival:||Credit to the value of monies paid for &Beyond lodges and camps for future travel into any property within the &Beyond portfolio|
|From day of arrival and/or cancellation during travel||50% credit for any unused nights at &Beyond lodges or camps for future travel into any property within the &Beyond portfolio|
The Fine Print:
- These terms exclude all groups (15 or more guests) and series bookings unless otherwise negotiated and agreed. Unless otherwise agreed &Beyond’s standard terms and conditions will apply for groups or series bookings.
- These terms specifically relate to &Beyond owned and operated services only. &Beyond endeavours to work with our partner properties and service providers to secure the most flexible terms possible. However, all amendments, reductions, refunds and cancellation policies of partner properties and service providers will be determined at the sole and unfettered discretion of the partner properties and service providers utilized in any itinerary.
- Due to the fluidity of the global situation, &Beyond requests that bookings made under these terms and conditions delay making any decisions until 7 days prior to travel concerning postponement, cancelation or refunds. Requests for consideration outside of 7 days are at &Beyond’s discretion.
- Where a refund is requested, these payments will be made less any applicable bank charges.
- Notifications to defer or cancel should be sent to &Beyond in writing. This notification must be received no later than 7 days from travel.
- &Beyond reserves the right to recover any costs it incurred in preparation for the guests arrival should notification be received between 14 days and date of arrival where:
- There has been no change to either the outbound or inbound travel restrictions;
- The traveller has not tested positive for COVID-19 and is within 14 days of travel;
- Re-routing of flights is possible;
Cancellation of a booking with no penalty only applies where one or more of the following named COVID-19 reasons for cancellation impacts travel:
- The government of the guest’s country of residence restricts all but essential travel or enforces a mandatory quarantine stay at a government specified site at the guest’s cost on return from the destinations the guests are travelling to.
- The destination/s the guests are travelling to are under official government imposed lock-down which prohibits guests from traveling;
- If the government of the destination/s in which the &Beyond lodges or camps are located has declared that no visas will be issued to travellers from the guest’s country of residence;
- The destination/s have no formal lock-down but have closed their border either to international travellers or to travellers from the guest’s country of residence;
- No alternative routing available to reach the destination/s in the itinerary;
- The guest has contracted COVID-19 and is under treatment or is in quarantine for COVID-19 within 72 hours of travel.
- Any reason for cancellation not listed above may be construed as disinclination to travel and &Beyond’s standard cancellation terms and conditions will apply.
- If some but not all of the destinations are impacted by any of the listed reasons the guest will be offered the option to re-route their itinerary to another &Beyond destination or camp. Any increase in costs as a result of the changes made, guests will be required to settle in full. If there is a decrease in costs as a result of the changes the guest will be refunded or that amount can be held as a credit for future travel.
- &Beyond reserves the right to ask for any reasonable evidence, written statements and/or supporting documents.
EXISTING BOOKINGS THAT WOULD LIKE TO POSTPONE TRAVEL TO A FUTURE DATE
In order to accommodate this recognised Force Majeure event and the resulting varying worldwide travel restrictions, guests may elect to postpone their travel for up to a year after the travel date, 60 days prior to travel, and carry forward up to 100% of the booking’s value* to the future booking. If the Force Majeure event is still impacting on travel at the time of the postponed booking’s new travel dates, guests will be able to postpone their travels for a further year.
Bookings seeking to defer from 2022 into 2023 will be re-costed at the appropriate 2023 published rates using the relevant published offers where applicable
Should a guest elect to cancel a confirmed booking then &Beyond will charge in line with &Beyond’s standard terms & conditions.
Due to the fluidity of the global situation, &Beyond requests that guests who have booked under these terms and conditions delay making any decisions until 7 days prior to travel concerning postponement, cancelation or refunds. Requests for consideration outside of 7 days are at &Beyond’s discretion.
Notifications to defer or cancel should be sent to &Beyond in writing. This notification must be received no later than 7 days from travel.
&Beyond reserves the right to recover any costs it incurred in preparation for the guests arrival should notification be received between 14 days and date of arrival where:
- There has been no change to either the outbound or inbound travel restrictions;
- The traveller has not tested positive for COVID 19 and is within 10 days of travel;
- Re-routing of flights is possible;
- The booking value carried forward will be calculated, less any government mandated costs, or non-&Beyond owned or operated services, whose terms are not aligned to &Beyond‘s.
- At the time of deferment, &Beyond will clearly communicate what costs are not recoverable and deduct those from the future booking credit.
- We continue to engage with our partners to align with the terms as set out above but our partners do so at their sole discretion.
- If are considering postponing an existing booking to 2023 please contact your travel specialist to enquire about potential rate changes before making a decision to defer.
- Should the future booking be for travel in a different season, or availability of services means that the costs of the logistics, activities, or accommodation has increased, those price changes will be passed on.
- Applied Special Offers on the original reservation may not be applicable on the deferred reservation.
THINKING ABOUT CANCELLING YOUR EXISTING CONFIRMED BOOKING?
&Beyond‘s advice remains to carefully consider before doing so. Lodging and service providers across Africa, Asia and South America may elect to impose their normal terms and conditions. This may result in any deposits or funds paid being unrecoverable.
If you have already deferred your booking to a future date or have deferred your booking multiple times and then elect to cancel your booking, &Beyond will assess the fees applicable against the original travel and revised travel dates. Any service based costs as well as costs which may have been incurred in the lodges will be considered. The terms and conditions of our partner properties or service providers and how they are applied remain at that partner’s sole discretion. Should you be unsure how this applies to your booking please speak with your travel specialist.
As flexible as &Beyond is being in relation to future travel, we highly recommend that guests take out comprehensive travel insurance, including “cancel for any reason” and “COVID Cover” to ensure any funds which may be lost can be recovered. There are many travel insurance providers that are able to cover some or all COVID-19 related reasons for cancelation. If you need more information on this please speak to your Travel Specialist for more details.
Unless otherwise specified:
- Our partner properties and service providers’ terms and conditions, and how they are applied to a booking, remains at that partner’s sole discretion.
- Terms are valid for FIT travel only and exclude all pre-negotiated Groups or Series travel.
Any variations from the above terms and conditions are at &Beyond’s discretion and &Beyond reserves the right to amend or withdraw the terms and conditions without prior notice.
COVID-19 &BEYOND DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
When travelling with &Beyond your safety is of paramount importance to us. We have implemented various COVID-19 related safety measures, processes and procedures (“Infectious Diseases: Health and Safety Protocol”) at our lodges and camps to ensure we create an environment that is both safe and hygienic when you stay with us, which protocol was developed by taking guidance from guidelines and hygiene policies prescribed and published by the World Health Organisation, the South African National Department of Health, the National Institute for Communicable Diseases of South Africa and all the relevant health authorities of the destinations we operate in. Should you wish to view our Infectious Diseases: Health and Safety Protocol, click here.
Your itinerary may include accommodation services at properties (i.e. accommodation at non &Beyond branded lodges and / or camps) and / or ancillary services such as transfers, tours, and activities that will not be provided by &Beyond but by independent third party owners and / or operators that are not owned and / or managed by &Beyond (“Third Party Service Providers”). Whilst all Third Party Service Providers of &Beyond have committed to implement similar processes and procedures as to our Infectious Diseases: Health and Safety Protocol to try and protect guests making use of their services, &Beyond is not in a position to validate or dictate their health and safety protocols which will vary between Third Party Service Providers. As a result we cannot confirm the standard to which Third Party Service Providers protocols adhere to and as such we cannot accept any form of liability (in the broadest terms) should you (or any member of your party) contract an infectious disease (including COVID-19) when using the services of a Third Party Service Provider. The same will apply in respect of public areas (i.e. landmarks, public venues, sightseeing venues, etc.) which you may wish to visit whilst staying at either our lodges / camps or properties owned by Third Party Service Provider as neither &Beyond nor Third Party Service Providers have any control over health and safety protocols followed at public areas or any action(s) of a member of the public which may cause an infection of an infectious disease.
As with any protocol the measure of success in implementing a process or procedure under a protocol will be determined by the level of compliance and adherence to the relevant processes and procedures prescribed by the relevant protocol. Whilst &Beyond will ensure full compliance by its management, employees and contractors with the Infectious Disease: Health and Safety Protocol, &Beyond cannot accept any liability in the event of a guest(s) contracting an infectious disease (including COVID-19) as a direct or indirect result of complying or adhering to &Beyond’s Infectious Diseases: Health and Safety Protocol.
For any enquiries please contact the Travel Specialist who made your booking or mail &Beyond at enquiries@andBeyond.com