Lewa Wilderness is situated on the edge of one of Kenya’s most private game sanctuaries, the wildlife-rich Lewa Conservancy. Guests are accommodated in charming cottages which include spacious bedrooms, ensuite bathrooms, fireplaces and verandas.
Guest areas include a cosy sitting room, an open-air dining area and a saltwater pool boasting breathtaking panoramas of the valley below. Healthy and delicious meals are prepared with fresh produce from the lodge’s verdant organic garden. Adventures include game drives into the wildlife-rich Lewa Conservancy, camel riding, nature walks, horseriding, tennis and cultural visits to a nearby Maasai village. Those in need of leisure time can simply relax with a book in the pretty garden or take a refreshing dip in the inviting pool.
What we love about Lewa Wilderness
- Join an enlightening cultural excursion to a Maasai cultural homestead on Ngwesi, the neighbouring wildlife scheme that the lodge has helped to establish.
- Take a flight to Rutundu, a beautiful montane farm on Mt Kenya that offers superb trout fishing.
- Customized daily safaris will educate you on the area’s flora, fauna, animal behaviour, conservation and history.
- For avid birders ask your guide to take you on an early morning walk about the lodge garden to find the resident birds.
- Ask your guide to take you on a walk either along the river bed or for the more enthusiastic walkers a walk over the hills.
- Enjoy a camel back safari with your Masai guide.
PLAN YOUR STAY
Talk to one of our expert Travel Specialists and let us tailormake your stay
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming