The spirit of &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp
While Ngala Tented Camp never lets you forget that you are in the wild, there is nothing primitive about this chic and contemporary camp. The romance of canvas, with big night sounds and flickering lanterns lighting the camp grounds, mingles with the simple sophistication of polished wooden decks, textured fabrics and clean lines.
Ngala is a true safari experience where guests go to bed to the sounds of lion calling, safely cosseted in modern tented suites and pampered with the warm hearted service that embodies the soul of Africa.
Why we love it
- Perfect for couples, big cat lovers, wildlife enthusiasts, photographers, nature lovers, repeat travellers
- The thrill of canvas with the ultimate in natural luxury
- Beautiful views of the Timbavati River
- Romantic riverbed dinners
- Big Five private game reserve
- Intimate wildlife encounters
- Sensitive off-roading practices
- Twice-daily game drives, bush walks and walking safaris
- The romance of canvas combined with simple sophistication
- Exhilarating Big Five wildlife sightings, with night drives and walking safaris
- Massage sala overlooking the Timbavati River
Caught between the dense riverine forest and the sandy bed of the Timbavati, extensive viewing decks give onto the river, giving guests a frontline view of game wandering down to drink. A rim flow pool mimicks the contours of the river bed, inviting in for a refreshing dip. Plush armchairs beguile you to spend a lazy afternoon idly gazing into the river bed. At night, when tales of the day’s adventure are shared and compared, a roaring fireplace springs to life. The stirring scents of Africa’s famous spices waft up from a meal shared in a spectacular setting – among islands or reeds in the dry Timbavati riverbed, beneath the canopy of massive trees or on our expansive deck.