The spirit of &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge
The magic and mystery of Africa come alive in the colonial ambiance of elegant &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge. A timeless, unhurried atmosphere, combined with the quaint traditions of a bygone era, creates an aura of romance and nostalgia. This old-world haven in the midst of the African bush charms with its colonial antiques, silver cutlery and crystal glassware.
Here, style and grace mingle faultlessly with the rugged natural beauty of the setting, as manicured lawns give way to dense mopane thickets and wild animals saunter down to drink at the waterhole.
Why we love it
- Perfect for families, groups, wildlife enthusiasts, photographers, first-time and repeat travellers
- Twice-daily game drives, bush walks and walking safaris
- Big Five private game reserve that shares unfenced borders with the Kruger National Park
- Later afternoon / evening game drives that continue after nightfall
- Sensitive off-roading practices allow close-up game sightings
- Guest areas overlook private waterhole
- WILDchild children’s programme
- 3 family cottages as well as a two-bedroom Family Suite, with its own swimming pool, as well as a dedicated vehicle and ranger / tracker team, offers an exclusive family getaway
Protected by a living canopy of immense mopane and tamboti trees, &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge carves out a set of intimate, elegant spaces sheltered in harmonious seclusion by the thick vegetation.
Nature is never far at Ngala Safari Lodge, with breakfast and lunch served in the shade of an enormous weeping boere bean tree. A walled courtyard provides a sheltered space to indulge in sumptuous cuisine, while the boma creates a dramatic setting for fire-lit dinners. Secret nooks and crannies with cushy sofas are ideal for quiet hours of contemplation in the leafy shade, and at night, a myriad lanterns and candles peep out between the boughs of trees, shining out a promise of warmth and comfort.
While away the hours at the pool area for an afternoon by the poolside spent sipping on your favourite beverage or unwind with a good book. Whilst you’re there, steal a moment for blissful relaxation as you indulge in a massage or wellness treatment at the lodge spa. A well-equipped fitness centre beckons to the more actively inclined.