Tailor your stay with a private vehicle
Having access to a private vehicle for your safari means that you can tailor your stay around your family’s needs. Choose your drive schedule and duration, and even what you and your family would like to do and see.
When booking one of our selected family suites, family cottages or villas in South Africa, we will include the exclusive use of a private vehicle for the duration of your stay in the family room.
While game drive policies and limitations do apply to children of different ages (see conditions below) on a shared vehicle; when booking a private vehicle, children of any age may go on a game drive, with access to sightings being at the discretion of the guide, based on the behaviour of both child and animals.
Should you choose to stay in a triple room with your family instead of a family suite or cottage, a private vehicle can be booked at an additional cost (and subject to availability) at any of our lodges.
- The use of a private vehicle is included when booking the following rooms on the advertised rack rate:
- Phinda Mountain Lodge Family Cottage
- Phinda Mountain Lodge Family Suite
- Ngala Safari Lodge Family Suite
- Phinda Homestead
- Normal &BEYOND lodge inclusions
What's not included
- Normal &BEYOND exclusions apply
- The offer is NOT included when booking on a SADC rate, or on any other family room or lodge. A private vehicle will then need to be booked at an additional cost, subject to availability.
- &BEYOND Trading Terms Apply
- With a private vehicle (whether included or paid for at an additional cost), children of any age may go on game drive, with access to sightings being at the discretion of the guide, based on the behaviour of both child and animals. Greater distances to animals may be adhered to, or certain sightings may be avoided, in order to ensure the safety of all.
- Game drive policy applies when staying in regular suite or cottage and sharing a vehicle with other guests:
- Children aged 0-2 years: Not permitted on game drives or nature walks
- Children aged 3-5 years: Not permitted on game drives or nature walks (additional children's drives may be requested)
- Children aged 6-11 years: Permitted on a game drive only at the discretion of the lodge manager. Not permitted on nature walks.
- Children aged 12-16 years: Permitted on a game drive and on nature walks at the discretion of the lodge manager
- Childminders are available but must be booked on the day of arrival. A rate of ZAR 70 per child per hour is payable at the lodge.
- Not applicable when booking on SADC rates - a private vehicle will need to be booked at an additional cost
Our WILDchild Programme
&BEYOND’s WILDChild programme, designed especially for children visiting our safari lodges and camps, is filled with fun, interactive activities that offer opportunities to learn and discover new experiences and cultures.
READY TO START PLANNING?
Talk to a Travel Specialist to tailormake your family safari
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming