The spirit of &Beyond Phinda Homestead
Tucked into the edge of a dappled forest, in the north of the reserve, &Beyond Phinda Homestead is a gracious sole-use safari villa. Blending seamlessly into the natural surroundings, blurring the boundaries between the guest and the bush, the lodge’s living areas consist of open spaces, flat-roofed walkways, and shaded areas opening out onto sun decks and a sparkling swimming pool.
Designed like a contemporary bush farmhouse, &Beyond Phinda Homestead is both elegant and homely. Inspired by the breathtaking landscape and the local Zulu culture, shaded, flat-roofed walkways flow into open decks, while basketwork, pottery, carpets and textiles are celebrated interior elements. Quirky design touches, like the pineapple motifs, pay homage to the history of the land, before being reclaimed and transformed into a renowned Big Five game reserve.
Private bedrooms and spacious bathrooms blend seamlessly into cool, expansive, and inviting guest spaces. An interactive kitchen brings the lodge’s private chef into the centre of the guest experience. This much-loved lodge comes with a dedicated ranger and tracker team, as well as a private safari vehicle. Game drives times, as well as meals, are tailored completely to the guests’ preference to create a fully personalised safari.
Why we love it
- Sole-use safari villa for families or groups
- Private open 4×4 safari vehicle with a dedicated ranger, tracker, butler and chef
- Private fitness room, including state-of-the-art exercise equipment
- Extra children’s room available with 2 bunk beds, accommodating an extra four kids
- Completely customisable daily schedule
- Day and night game drives, walking safaris
- Phinda Adventures available – Zulu village tours, Maputaland beach adventures, night turtle drives (seasonal), scuba safaris, an ocean safari, and black rhino tracking on foot
- Wildlife includes Big Five plus cheetah, black rhino and nyala