Dense forests blend into white, sandy beaches, warm, turquoise waters and coral reefs, while bird sanctuaries, exotic vegetation, secluded coves, mountain peaks and tropical coco de mer palms enchant with their diversity. With almost half of its landmass declared as nature reserves, the Seychelles remains a pristine sanctuary of legendary beauty.
- View the islands of the Seychelles from above on an incredible scenic helicopter flight
- Explore pristine coral gardens, rich in every colour of the rainbow, on a wonderful snorkelling or scuba diving adventure
- Encounter an array of marine life – the Seychelles is home to around 900 species of fish as well turtles, whitetip and nurse sharks, the rare grey reef shark and the awe inspiring whale-shark.
- Discover the Seychelles’ two UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Aldabra, the world’s largest raised coral atoll; and Praslin’s Vallée de Mai, once believed to be the original site of the Garden of Eden.
- Charter a yacht and sail the inner islands of the Seychelles.
As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a year-long warm, tropical climate, it’s always a good time to visit, although different times of year may be better suited to your particular interests.
Two opposing trade winds generally govern the weather pattern:
The north-westerly trades blow from October to March when wind speeds average from 8 to 12 knots. The brisker south-easterly trades blow from May to September with winds of between 10 to 20 knots, bringing cooler and windier conditions that are ideal for sailing.
The periods of calm between the trade winds produce fairly warm and wind-free conditions throughout April and also in October.
Conditions for swimming, snorkelling and especially diving are superb during April/May and October/November when the water temperature sometimes reaches 29ºC and visibility is often 30 metres plus.
Summer (November – June)
Average daytime temperatures are 28˚C (82˚F)
Winter (July – October)
Average daytime temperatures are 26?˚C (78˚F)
Rainfall – November to January highest at 170-290ml per month