Sabi Sand Game Reserve
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is situated in the southwestern corner of the world-renowned Kruger National Park and consists of 65 000 hectares (160 620 acres). It is the most prestigious game reserve in South Africa, and is famous for incredible leopard sightings.
With no fences between the farms (or, for that matter, between them and the Kruger Park), animals wander across vast stretches of grazing land as they did years and years ago.
With one of the richest game populations in the country, the chances of seeing the Big Five (lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and rhino) are excellent. The Reserve is also home to a host of other animals!
- Sabi Sand-offer some of the best interpretive game viewing on the continent.
- There are no fences between Kruger National Park and Sabi Sands Game Reserve, so wildlife roams freely in huge natural environment.
- The Sabi Sands is in particular well known for its amazing leopard sightings.
- Follow nocturnal wildlife on exhilarating spot lit night drives.
Min 24°C/75°F Max 32°C/90°F
Min 8°C/46°F Max 23°C/73°F
Rainfall varies by region
- Best time to travelYear round. The hot, lush summer is perfect for baby animals. Winter ushers in cooler days and cold nights. The bush thins for great game viewing.
- Traveling with ChildrenKruger National Park is an ideal destination to visit as a family.
- Flying to Sabi Sands Game ReserveScheduled flights link Johannesburg and Cape Town to the Sabi Sands. Selfdrive is an easy drive from Johannesburg to the Sabi Sands.
- LanguagesEnglish is widely spoken throughout the country even though South Africa has eleven official languages - Afrikaans, English, Zulu, Xhosa, Swati, Sotho, Tsonga, Tswana, Venda, Northern Sotho and Southern Ndebele
- CurrencySouth African Rand. Credit cards are also widely accepted.
- WildlifeLeopard, elephant, lion prides, spotted hyena, buffalo, rhino, pangoli, lilac-breasted roller and fish eagle.
This African safari combines a trip to one of South Africa’s best known Big Five game reserves with a beach holiday in scenic, laid-back Cape Town.
This 11-day Africa safari and coastal exploration offers the unforgettable opportunity to witness the Safari Big 5 and Marine Big 5.
Enhance your experience with
- Scenic helicopter flight over the Blyde River Canyon
- Walking Safaris
- Photographic safaris
Sabi Sand Game Reserve
The moment you walk into the main guest area at &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp you’ll think you’ve been transported back in time. The fact that the lawn has warthog grazing on it instead of a neatly dressed party playing croquet does nothing to dispel this illusion; in fact, it all adds to the ambiance of this 1920s South African homestead.
Perched on the edge of the Sand River in the world famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Exeter River Lodge offers eight spacious riverside suites.
Nestled in the fork of the Sand and Mabrak Rivers, Leadwood Lodge offers a cosy and serene getaway that is completely at peace with the bush.
The world-famous Kruger National Park is South Africa’s largest game reserve and one of the finest wildlife sanctuaries on the planet.
&Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve is situated in subtropical northern KwaZulu-Natal, with close proximity to the warm Indian Ocean.
Ready to start planning your adventure?