Chobe National Park
Botswana’s famous Chobe National Park is a must-see wildlife destination that includes the Savute Channel and natural beauty of the Linyanti River.
Chobe covers almost 11 000 km² (6 836 square miles), was the country’s first national park and boasts the biggest concentration of wildlife in Africa. But it is best known for its large numbers of Kalahari elephants, probably the biggest continuous elephant population in the
world, currently numbering around 120,000. The Chobe National Park offers adventures such as game drives, private river cruises, excellent birdwatching and exceptional photographic opportunities. We have many tours in the Chobe National Park that can be incorporated into your safari.
- Excellent catch and release fishing.
- Exceptional water activities available year-round.
- Land and water safaris.
- Elephant, hippo, leopard, lechwe, tsessebe, waterbuck, buffalo herds, wild dog.
- Outstanding birdlife.
20°C/69°F morning, 30°C/86°F afternoons
6°C/42°F morning, 25°C/78 afternoons
- Best time to travel: Year-round provides plenty to do with various festivals occuring monthly.
- Traveling with children: The recommended age for children on safari is six years and older, and some lodges do not take children under 12. andBeyond can advise you about the best family travel options.
- Flying to Botswana: Frequent flights link Johannesburg to Gaborone, Maun and Kasane - the gateways to the national parks and wildlife areas.
- Language: English is widely spoken throughout Botswana.
- Currency: The currency is Pula (P); US Dollars are widely accepted
- Wildlife: Elephant, Buffalo, Hippo, Leopard, Spotted hyena
This memorable tented African safari will take you to the Selinda Spillway, Victoria Falls and the pristine wildlife areas of Savute and Chobe.
This African safari and adventure holiday offers northern Botswana's very best. Explore lovely Chobe, the Okavango Delta and the Makgadikgadi Pans.
Explore Botswana on this luxury African safari that will take you to the country's most prized destinations, ending of at Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Photographic Safari
- Ichobezi River Boat
- Zambezi Queen Experience
- Game Drives
- Night Game Drive
- Guided Walks
Chobe National Park
Well-used animal trails meander between five ensuite safari tents at &Beyond Chobe Under Canvas, positioned at exclusive semi-permanent campsites in the game-rich Chobe National Park.
Explore the Okavango Delta by mokoro, on foot or on game drive. Its sparkling channels and flourishing wilderness teem with game.
The setting for epic clashes between lion and hyena, photographic marvel and game-rich paradise, Savute is one of the best-known names in safari.
Ready to start planning your adventure?