Your journey at a glance
This 10 day journey through Bhutan highlights a trio of extraordinary areas, each abundant with breathtaking natural beauty, fascinating dzongs and places of worship and welcoming local communities.
Your adventure starts in Punakha with phenomenal views of the Himalayan snow peaks and beautiful hikes to Khamsum Yuelley Namgyal Chorten through rice and chilli fields and untouched pine forests. Discover a nunnery housing stunning statues of significant Buddhist figures, many of which are the handiwork of local Bhutanese artisans. Visit Chimi Lakhang, a temple dedicated to the great saint Drukpa Kuenley, known as the ‘Divine Madman’.
The next leg takes you to Gangtey with views of the Phobjikha Valley, one of the most beautiful valleys of Bhutan annually visited by the endangered Black-necked cranes during winter. Your journey culminates in Paro with a walk through lush rhododendron forests and clear streams, passing through quaint villages and gaining insight into local communities.
Hike to the iconic Tiger’s Rest Monastery, one of the most venerated Buddhist sites in the world, and soar in the heavens in a helicopter savouring the spectacular views of the Kingdom of Bhutan below you. Your extraordinary journey through this enchanting country is sure to entice you to return for more.
10 Days | From USD 6,012
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Accommodation on ONE DOUBLE / TWIN ROOM in hotels as mentioned in the QUOTE.
- All transfers as mentioned in a private vehicle, and sightseeing.
- Sightseeing tour will be provided as per the itinerary with the English-speaking Bhutanese Guide and in a private Vehicle.
- All entrance and monuments fees.
- Visa fees for Bhutan only.
- All current taxes as on date – subject to change as per hotel/airline/Government policy.
- Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary also includes wellness activities on a complimentary basis – Doctor consultation, Massages, Yoga, Meditation, cooking lessons, etc.
What's not included
- Any Airfare
- Helicopter Tour (as it is a supplement that needs to be applied)
- Tipping to guides and drivers.
- Any Insurance and rescue of any form.
- Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides/riots and events beyond our control.
- Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost.
- Any international air fare/airport taxes not mentioned above
- Hotel surcharges during festival period
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, phone calls etc.
- Any video/still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes.
- Any airfare for domestic flights other than the quoted details.
- Any cost of the meals other than the one indicated in room meal plan.
- Sightseeing and excursions other than those specified.
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning, should there be any increases in Park Fees, Fuel, Sales Tax or VAT, third party services, or any other circumstances beyond our control in the regions featured in this quote/booking.
- All guests must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment.
- Your internal flights have been organized by us. While we take the maximum care to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for you &Beyond India Private Ltd. is not responsible for the fitness of the carriers or the safety standards of the carrier company.
- In order to comply with International Insurance requirements &Beyond India can only reserve seats, be it on a provisional or confirmed basis, on both domestic/scheduled or charter flights.
- Please note that fares may increase between time of booking, time of payment and the ticket being issued. Any costs incurred due to amendments will not be borne by &Beyond India.
- &Beyond India cannot be held responsible should airlines discontinue flights on certain routings or change scheduled timetables, resulting in missed connections etc. Should an amendment in a routing or itinerary be necessary we will re-quote you accordingly.
- Dietary Requirements: All dietary requirements can be catered for. When making your reservation, please advise us of any specific dietary requirements that you may have and these will be communicated through to the respective establishment.
- Gratuities: Tipping is at your discretion. However management of the establishment will be able to assist with guidelines
- &Beyond reserves the right to modify program itineraries, including arranged sightseeing, and substitute accommodations, including vessels and trains, at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond &Beyond’s control. Every effort will be made to operate itineraries as planned, but alterations may occur after the final itinerary has been issued.
- &Beyond strongly recommends that the guests insure themselves against loss of deposit, cancellation charges, medical expenses and loss of personal possessions, and any other foreseeable loss or expense.
- Rates are subject to change
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-3: Punakha
- Stop on Dochula Pass to visit the 108 stupas built in honour of the fallen Bhutanese soldiers.
- Enjoy a hike to Chimi Lhakhang, a temple dedicated to the ‘Divine Madman’, adorned with phallic symbols and where women struggling to conceive are said to be blessed with fertility.
- Meander through the butterfly trail and observe farmlands and forests.
- Relish a picnic breakfast at the top of Khamsum Yuelley and explore the temple.
- Embark on a thrilling rafting experience on the Pho Chu River.
- Journey through the most scenic and secluded area, featuring incredibly blue water, breathtaking alpine scenery, and the chance of seeing one of the world’s rarest birds – the White-bellied Heron.
- Drive to the Sangchhen Dorji Lhendrup Lhakhang Nunnery and engage with the nuns who provide life skill training
Day 4-6: Gangtey and Phobjikha Valley
- Head to Phobjikha and the enjoy the views of Jhomolhari Mountain and Jichu Drake as the road climbs to Lawa La Pass.
- Phobjikha is the winter home of endangered Black-necked cranes that migrate from the arid plains in the north.
- Explore the Gangtey Goemba Monastery, which boasts spectacular views of the entire Phobjikha Valley.
- Meander along the Gangtey Nature Trail, crossing streams, rhododendron gardens and villages.
- Head to the monastic school Shedra and attend the devout prayers where 300 monks chant every evening.
- Embark on a hike to Longteng, weaving your way through bush bamboo passing colourful clusters of village houses, and glimpse yaks grazing in the area in the winter months.
- Visit the Crane Information Centre, and if in season, watch the cranes using binoculars from the deck.
Day 7-9: Paro
- Visit Ta Dzong or the national museum, where a spectacular collection of religious Thangka paintings, art, relics and postage stamps are on display.
- Explore a masterpiece of architecture, Paro Rinpung Dzong, with enormous buttressed walls looming over the town.
- Gain insight into the lifestyle of a local farmer and visit a colourful, traditional farmhouse.
- Hike to the iconic Tiger’s Nest and marvel at the beauty of the surroundings including the gorge and waterfall.
- Enter the Tiger’s Nest, one of the most hallowed of all Buddhist sights around the world.
Day 10: Departure
After breakfast, you will be chauffeured to Paro Airport to board your onward flight, as your journey comes to an end.
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming